World map

DeletedUser

hey guys how's life?

I made a new map for world GAMMA and since you guys are concerned about the colouring also one for your world. The assignment algorithm for color has changed: in this map the color is dictated by the color of the alliance that on an island holds the town with most points. Looks better?

Old map:

DeletedUser

Looks better

Can I suggest that dominance of an island is calculated by total points. Add up all the points for the cities on an island and mark it with the Alliance holding the most points.

Of course this puts a huge emphasis on points but for this exercise the only reasonable measuring device.

Great job though.

DeletedUser

Awesome Xan, thank you for adding Delta to your map updates, we certainly appreciate it. I hope we continue to get them when they become available. I love the grid you added to it btw! The accuracy has increased a bit as well.

forty

DeletedUser

I have been adding another nice feature:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

These maps are fantastic! I really appreciate you taking the time to consider the feedback given. I agree that the map appears more accurate. One question...are you now calculating island color by the city with the most points or by adding up all of the city points on the island and then assigning the color to whatever alliance has the most points per island?

DeletedUser

The maps are based on who holds the city with the most points. I havent changed that yet.

I intend to put the script on this forum so everyone has the opportunity to contribute and discuss about algorithms and stuff...

DeletedUser

I intend to put the script on this forum so everyone has the opportunity to contribute and discuss about algorithms and stuff...

That would be great. What scripting language is it written in?

DeletedUser

map update

@rev087: Nice job, almost an exact copy. From the grid numbers I can tell I didnt made the map lol

Oh I upped the code to this forum. Lets try to make this a perfect tool :)

DeletedUser

Fresh map please. There's been a fair degree of movement and we've got some new allainces in the top 12.

This map has been the best thing to pop up in the forums in weeks.

DeletedUser

Comedy

Of course that would be possible, but there will always be two alliances wanting to be on the map. If you want your alliance on the map make sure you are in the top 10 :)

Ok, maybe we will merge! Lol, had to say it.

DeletedUser

lol why dont you all merge into one alliance, would save me the trouble of making maps :)
(jk)

DeletedUser

Lol Xarandir...

NEW MAP PLEASE! :)

Can't wait. Us LoC members are doing nicely...

DeletedUser

Yeah lets get a new map! DoA has a few new members southeast. heheh please of course...