World Petition

DeletedUser46911

how about a world where gold does not work and you get to the top by skill, not the depth of your wallet.

DeletedUser29066

how about a world where gold does not work and you get to the top by skill, not the depth of your wallet.

I fully understand the desire for a non-gold world, and although I'm sure there are many others who would like to see this happen the economic reality is that Inno will most likely never agree to it.

DeletedUser

flap there are plenty of gold whores who suck, sure it's an advantage, but you sound like someone who just got rimmed if I'm not mistaken.

DeletedUser42393

I'd not sign this unfortunately.

It's a great theory, but premium is a money making feature - anyone and everyone has access to it. If there are players which cannot afford premium, or refuse to pay for premium that is their problem. It's a luxury feature after all, but it's not one that comes down to payment only as there are surveys (etc) to take part in and you'll be rewarded gold (no excuses due to money issues).
The competitiveness makes money and if the ideas and developments are to continue with Grepolis, it's going to cost money and this is probably the main source of income? - Obviously, I have absolutely no idea if it is, I just presume so.

I personally think the balance is equal, yes, players do exist that spam a CS to build, or an army, but the main feature of being a premium member grinds down to the advisors - the rest is skill. An alliance can beat a premium player, and that premium player will rage like a ..... because he/she has just lost REAL money.

Premium members make the Grepolis world go round.​

If there's a 'free' world, premium would be pointless as it would only be against premium players - this much spam and premium usage would mean that inno will lose A-LOT of premium members. Everyone would join the free worlds, the other worlds will slowly deplete themselves, and the newer 'non-free' worlds would have no interest.

Sorry, but I doubt this whole idea will work, but if it worked the way you stated above, that would be extraordinary :p

____________________________________​

P.S.
Suggestion/Solution:Instead of out-right stopping the use of premium features, maybe offer a world with a premium cap, which means there's a limit to the spam one may achieve? It keeps free-players happy, and premium players happy - especially those premium players which cannot afford the higher expenses of gold, and those which receive little gold via surveys and therefore cannot spam either?

If that was the case I'm in, and you've got my vote.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

there is a limit of 7x when halving build times give or take a couple.

DeletedUser42393

there is a limit of 7x when halving build times give or take a couple.

That limit is obviously too high at the moment. Lower that 7x limit further for a new world, or even extinguish the idea of cutting building times etc... and keep the premium features such as the advisors for these new world ideas?

Personally, I doubt premium worlds will be extinguished. But if there's any change at all, it may be with regards to the amount of spam used, even then - that's inno's way of making money so... I'm all out of ideas now.

DeletedUser

the buld times thing is a massive source of income especially in the early game.

DeletedUser46911

I fully understand the desire for a non-gold world, and although I'm sure there are many others who would like to see this happen the economic reality is that Inno will most likely never agree to it.
I fully understand that innos is a business and the money is all that counts. However they will never get a penny out of me.
Using gold, in my view is no different than using bots.

DeletedUser46911

not at all I have "rimmed" as you put it several gold whores. those that use gold to get to the top are no different than those that use hacks to do it. If I buy unlimited gold of course I can become the number one player anywhere. It wouldn't mean I am any good at all. Just have deep pockets.

What's the point of playing the game, if all you do is buy your way to the top.

DeletedUser37948

I fully understand that innos is a business and the money is all that counts. However they will never get a penny out of me.
Using gold, in my view is no different than using bots.

botting is clearly cheating and using gold is not, personaly having red your venomus posts my advise is if you dont like it do us all a favour and leave
we dont need spongers who bring no money and no sence of comunity in fact if every one was like you this game would have folded in its first few months and thousands of paying and non paying participants would have missed out

as for skill i very much doubt you have any and even if we gave you gold you would still be useless anyone with an atitude like yours is a clear cut case

DeletedUser

yeh flappy boy I find it hard to believe you've rimmed anyone..... quotation marks, did you not know what that meant?

DeletedUser

not at all I have "rimmed" as you put it several gold whores. those that use gold to get to the top are no different than those that use hacks to do it. If I buy unlimited gold of course I can become the number one player anywhere. It wouldn't mean I am any good at all. Just have deep pockets.

What's the point of playing the game, if all you do is buy your way to the top.
Points will not win You anything in this game. Though I do agree that this game has become way too gold-dependent if You want to stay at the top or make early-game rushes, You cannot really buy your way to the top. You can speed up your proccess but You still have to be a good player to make something of those advantages in the end.
No amount of gold can save your city from a determined enemy, but you being good at sniping can keep a lone person alive against the meanest, baddest alliances for days on end.
And at the end of the day, this is not a single-player game, but a co-op, where an entire alliance has to be good and has to contribute in order to prevail. A lone gold-whore in an alliance has almost zero effect on overall gameplay.

DeletedUser46911

botting is clearly cheating because innos does not make any money from it. It is no different from gaining an advantage by using gold.

DeletedUser46911

botting is clearly cheating and using gold is not, personaly having red your venomus posts my advise is if you dont like it do us all a favour and leave
we dont need spongers who bring no money and no sence of comunity in fact if every one was like you this game would have folded in its first few months and thousands of paying and non paying participants would have missed out

as for skill i very much doubt you have any and even if we gave you gold you would still be useless anyone with an atitude like yours is a clear cut case

the pedant in me would say that it is "READ" not read, "PERSONALLY" not personaly, "VENOMOUS" not venomus," SENSE" not sence , "COMMUNITY" not comunity, "ATTITUDE" not atitude and Dont has an apostrophe "DON'T" but I guess you are a product of the previous labour government so probably cannot help it.

the fact you so vehemently in favour suggests that you cannot succeed without it. Perhaps you should spend some of that hard earned cash you waste here on a few extra English lessons.

DeletedUser46911

Points will not win You anything in this game. Though I do agree that this game has become way too gold-dependent if You want to stay at the top or make early-game rushes, You cannot really buy your way to the top. You can speed up your proccess but You still have to be a good player to make something of those advantages in the end.
No amount of gold can save your city from a determined enemy, but you being good at sniping can keep a lone person alive against the meanest, baddest alliances for days on end.
And at the end of the day, this is not a single-player game, but a co-op, where an entire alliance has to be good and has to contribute in order to prevail. A lone gold-whore in an alliance has almost zero effect on overall gameplay.
you make good points, however with deep pockets I can build an army in no time at all or build my city up to make it far harder to take. An alliance of gold whores however would be very hard to beat.

It does seem I have touched a nerve with some people here, I am not including you there though.