World "Psi" available God vote

Which Gods should we available on Psi? (new world)

• All of them –( Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hera, Hades)

Votes: 123 55.9%
  • Exclude Zeus – (Poseidon, Athena, Hera, Hades)

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Exclude Poseidon – (Zeus, Athena, Hera, Hades)

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Exclude Athena – (Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Hades)

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Exclude Hera – (Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hades)

Votes: 41 18.6%
  • Exclude Hades – (Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hera)(traditional)

Votes: 25 11.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Psi

I thing all 5 should be available. But if I could script how the world works. It would be lik omicron but with all 5 gods (F) :pro:

DeletedUser18648

bast only Exclude Hera – (Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hades) :pro:

DeletedUser

I think the most sensible exclusion would be Athena, she isn't used very much.

And what game do you play? she is the best and most useful god in the game :) I have 155 cities and 75% of them are athena...

But I say get rid of Hera :D

DeletedUser

I think that it would be interesting to exclude Hera but would be a lot harder for new players to start the game. I also thing the world should have fast settings of 3 and alliance limit should be around 100. I like the conquer system "revolt"

DeletedUser

Actually, I think Hades is way too powerful and evil. So he should be out, not Hera

DeletedUser

New gods

I think if we are going to try out a new god we should use them all at first. This will allow us to see how Hades changes the dynamic of the game. After some feedback with him in the game we will have more info to see which god/gods should be excluded to change the dynamic in other ways. I also like the idea of having a server with many gods (7 or more). There were many gods being worshiped in this period of history. I could, however, see problems arising from some powers being overpowered. It would make for an interesting experiment though. I would enjoy being part of that.

DeletedUser

Actually want more Gods!

I am actually against LESS prefer MORE! Where are Apollo? Hephaistos? Pan?

DeletedUser

Hera is the best starting god to go with in the beginning in my opinion, but after the first few months and a city or two later she is kinda not as useful. Hades is also kinda useless but with the silver that he can give you can help you out in a good pinch. I voted for no Hera only to see how much it will change the first stage of the game. Don't get me wrong I use Hera alot and I love using her pop growth and that, but I think this world would be more of a challenge without Hera. The new players to this game that some of yall are talking about that they won't have that many cities or that. They have the other worlds they can try first to see how they like the game. I been playing for a year or so now and I like the game alot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Would you like to hire me as your post editor and ghost writer Tyrion? I would provide pithy comments and revisions for only 10 shekels a pop. Just an example of what I could do for you is in yellow:

Gordopolis created this thread looking for YOUR feedback about the upcoming world, not for you to decide that this is some wily attempt to generate more money from premium purchases. If you wish to complain about the evil exploitation of the gaming industry please email your comments to PlayNowMyLord@evony,com - this thread however, is not for that.

Please note that I am not trying to greedily take money from your pockets, just wanting to help you insert more sexy into your posts.

DeletedUser19856

god vote for new would Psi

it would be kinda awsome to exclude hera but i ended up picking all of them.

DeletedUser12324

More gods means a more interesting game play, more options to choose between, don't get why everyone thinks excluding hera will make such a huge difference other than a slower resource rate.

DeletedUser

I would like to see no Hera. The reason that people are voting for no Hera is because she is generally the first God one should worship and taking her out of the selectable Gods will force people to pick another starting God and hopefully see new and different strategies used instead of cookie cutter builds.

DeletedUser

Asth, the god you select in your first city is hardly deciding for your choice of strategy. Rather, the gods can help out in terms of battle tactics.

DeletedUser

I would like to see no Hera. The reason that people are voting for no Hera is because she is generally the first God one should worship and taking her out of the selectable Gods will force people to pick another starting God and hopefully see new and different strategies used instead of cookie cutter builds.

u are failing to see what happens to noobs like me

DeletedUser

you are failing to see the point
silly :p
the point is to make it more of a challenge, i even voted for no hera, even tho i have like two months or so of exp in grepo

DeletedUser

Asth, the god you select in your first city is hardly deciding for your choice of strategy. Rather, the gods can help out in terms of battle tactics.

Tactics and Strategy are more or less synonymous, in this context.

When you make an action in terms of achieving a particular goal; that is strategy. If you pick Hera to increase your resource production, get your ground troops out faster or make enemy attacks less effective; that is strategy.

In Tau I chose Poseidon first because I was on a -wood island, that was a strategical decision I made to compensate for the lack of wood and naval power I'd get out of that island otherwise. Others did the same. Hera is the jack of all trades, master of none and has many useful spells and her versatility makes her a wise God to choose first.

No I'm not. If nobody has access to the most widely used starting God, how does that disadvantage anyone? Everyone has to adapt in order to excel and every time I've played a world I've had to use different strategies at the beginning (such as above) to be effective. In fact, I would say that it puts you at an advantage because the stronger players are not able to benefit the huge benefits from Hera before you can even get your temple since they have to take something else and forces them to break away from their usual and cookie cutter city builds.

DeletedUser5061

Tactics and Strategy are more or less synonymous, in this context.

When you make an action in terms of achieving a particular goal; that is strategy. If you pick Hera to increase your resource production, get your ground troops out faster or make enemy attacks less effective; that is strategy.

In Tau I chose Poseidon first because I was on a -wood island, that was a strategical decision I made to compensate for the lack of wood and naval power I'd get out of that island otherwise. Others did the same. Hera is the jack of all trades, master of none and has many useful spells and her versatility makes her a wise God to choose first.

No I'm not. If nobody has access to the most widely used starting God, how does that disadvantage anyone? Everyone has to adapt in order to excel and every time I've played a world I've had to use different strategies at the beginning (such as above) to be effective. In fact, I would say that it puts you at an advantage because the stronger players are not able to benefit the huge benefits from Hera before you can even get your temple since they have to take something else and forces them to break away from their usual and cookie cutter city builds.

sell-out-260x216.jpg

DeletedUser

Asth, the different between strategy and tactic is that, with strategy, you plan out a string of actions, working towards a specific goal, while a tactic might be simply altering the way you carry out one of those actions to gain a situational advantage. What little flexibility something such as extra wood from Poseidon gives is not significant enough to have a meaningful impact on the overall strategies of people. They will still play the way they would have otherwise. If you need more wood, you can trade through the merchant, you can trade between cities and you can trade with farming villages. You can make sure you only expand farming villages using other resources and you can adjust your other unit choices to optimize resources use (using hoplites instead of chariots, for instance). There are various options, and the gods, so far, only play a limited role here. They are normally only important when it comes to battle tactics (using spells to disguise attacks, uncover others, kill catapults you couldn't defend against, diminishing enemy numbers at the right time, breaking down city walls in a coordinated action). The only place where they go beyond that and become important tactically is when they are able to reduce building time to half of what it would otherwise have been at. So, if you reduce Poseidon or Hera, the most significant change would be that it would take people twice as long to rebuild and less stuff would happen.