Announcement World Rhammus - What would you like to say?

Richard

Strategos
Hey,

Im going to be sending a mass mail ingame to players to draw attention to the forums, and try and generate some activity. For our active worlds, I'll be doing customised versions of a standard template, to entice players from that specific world. What I'd love to know is, what would you guys say to the players of Rhammus to convince them to take a look at the forums? What is going on in here? Any wars/PnP I can mention?

I hope to send it either this week or next, so I'll check back on this over the coming days.

Thanks for your assistance!

Richard
Community Manager

DeletedUser22115

Point 1 - Set a mod for this world forums would be good so they can promote competitions and challenges for the forum goers'.
Point 2 - A shout out for our world milestones and alliance review threads which are active and not full of spam the promotion of this would be good. I would love to see more comments and suggestions for which alliances i should review in my thread. As its hard to keep picking different ones by myself
Point 3 - Hold a competition with an award to give people an incentive to participate

DeletedUser43011

Point 4 - Emphasise to the nOObs that they can ask questions and learn without fear of ridicule,
Point 5 - Emphasise on the banter that is within the externals.
Point 6 - Just re-iterating kuriants 1st point, we definitely need one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30490

point 7-pretty much anything to get them to join,could mention about the newspapers too...

What i would like to say is that,for whoever reading this the forums is an amazing place to spend time while playing grepo. Farming,looting from villages,waiting for the time to pass to time attacks,whatever it is you can spend your time on the forums until the time comes for you to to whatever you have been waiting for.
While on the forums,new players can learn about the game easily from experienced players and even in-game moderators,debate on which alliance is good with other world players and even try some politics and propaganda to boost alliance morale or demoralize another.
As a player who has been on the forums for 2 years now I got to say i learnt a lot from the forums and met some of the best grepo players and friends i have today. Players i can always talk anything with and even make a pre-made alliance with for another world if i wish to.
So for those who hesitate and thinks its a waste of time,dont.Th forums is amazing we just need more amazing people to join and make it lively again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47721

The forum is a nice place for Q & A ,information and other things but no matter what game(grepolis too) you can't keep it active.

Solution?

Make a world Rhammus chat where all players can enter it and the forum will be active again.

P.S It's like killing two birds with one stone.The chat and the forum.

(Just posted something ridiculous huh? anyway...)

DeletedUser36085

I'd add that there are newspapers, top 12s and, once in while, contests; that people can recruit on the forum, spread rumors, join or start premades, post their ideas and generally have a lot of fun.

Oh, and I'd add that we're a friendly community :p

DeletedUser12512

Give me access to the graphics your using for your mass mails, the banners and the little icons and I will create something of a weekly comic pnp to make fun of just about anyone/anything we can think of.

I have a few choice ideas in mind already. Yes, I'm looking at you Daz ;-p

DeletedUser38747

I think it's impossible to draw people to the forums anymore. I remember my first worlds - it was so much drama there. This alliance is all consists of good people, another alliance all consists of bad people. You can trust this leader, and that leader is absolutely untrustworthy. A girl from the A alliance is a girlfriend of a B alliance palyer - does that mean they share a connection? Or maybe she spies for him? Everybody knew who was going on a hike the next weekend and who was going on vacation to Peru.
By te 80th server people just don't care anymore - they attack/support/CS. The closeness is gone, people play almost professionally, don't hate nor love each other. Hence lack of interest to anything non-related to the gameplay itself.

DeletedUser44820

Solution?

Make a world Rhammus chat where all players can enter it and the forum will be active again.

in a past server i had proposed to make a forum ingame where most of peeps can enter. make it a joint forumto all alliances.
mods said it would be "heavy" for the server.

i know there was one forum like this in cythera (if i remember correctly), where over 12 alliances took part. wasnt hard for the server.

of course that way this forum would close :D

DeletedUser47721

of course that way this forum would close :D

In another game ImperiaOnline when you Clicked the chat button it opened a new tab in your browser (The chat can take you in an external link so the servers won't be "heavy".) Max 5 Chat Mods are enough.

When playing the other game with the server chat,the forum was really active and when they closed the chat the forum became inactive.

Don't know the reasons for the connection of the chat with the forum but maybe:
1-In the chat the forum was mentioned everyday so some players registered in the forum cuz they were curios or wanted to post.
2-When asking questions in the chat the MODS always directed the players in the forum.
3-In the forum many reports were posted about the ongoing wars so the players would continue the "fight" in the forums.

hmm so as you can see the chat and the forum aren't totally unrelated.

P.S I can be a chat MOD if this happens.I just want 100k Gold a day...not much!!

DeletedUser46416

Oh NOW you want to do this, and whenever someone else tries to do this you ban them... of course not anyone in particular DRUVI. What garbage.

DeletedUser43011

Oh NOW you want to do this, and whenever someone else tries to do this you ban them... of course not anyone in particular DRUVI. What garbage.

This was decided through conversations between druvi and richard

DeletedUser43011

Richard,

You still doing this mail, I know your a busy bunny but it's getting late.

Thanks