World Thoughts - The reason bloods is Rank 1 and why they will lose the server.

Trist3

Chiliarch
So Mats as for this (good idea btw shout out to him), and I was originally just going to do a bit of a spicy post for fun and to revive this sad forum, but with recent events, I guess it no longer needs revival so it's just a post for fun I guess. Secondly, I'd like to point out there are many people in bloods I do like, so while this is a PnP note that I have nothing against you guys (most of you're guys at least) personally).

Anyways, In my humble opinion, Bloods will lose this server for the same reason that currently has them rank one: They are playing a defensive swimming style combined with some slimy diplo allowing them to SIM build up in their ocean, but that's about it.

Here's the thing that's happening, Bloods have little to no offensive power in their roster, or they are unwilling to use it. Simple proof of that goes into their BP numbers, for the largest team on the server they rank 3rd in fighters and barely 3rd in attackers (I mean when your main rival's sister wing has almost the same ABP numbers as your main branch you ain't doing much). Funnily enough, some of their biggest threats come from other alliances, recruits they have picked out of other's ranks (Shout out to Muhvi and Neo, still some quality fighters keep it up boys).

What bloods do have tho is some slimy Diplo. These guys (on top of only holding up deals when it favors them, we can dig into that later when some blood loudmouth eventually says some stupid comment about it below, just wait for it) will actively try to recruit members out of every team's ranks. Now frankly it's a 100% good idea right? if other teams have fewer players and you more you're winning right? well, the issue is it makes bloods look dirty and cheap.

Here's the catch, DoA recently got a choice between siding with blood or OF for wonders, whichever they picked would be largely favored to win the server (control over 2+oceans, overwhelming players base etc...), and at the end of the day, we picked OF despite the current war with them, because we don't want to play with bloods. Not only did their cocky diplo offer us a deal that was favored for bloods (unlike OF which came to us with an even deal, now that's some good faith @TimurTheGoat ;) ), having us basically become a glorified sister, but the bloods play style frankly sux. Noone (well outside of bloods) really want's to some for 6 months and just wait until people slowly leave the server to get to 7 wonders, it kills the game, it's boring, and frankly, I don't understand how you think it's a healthy way to play lol. I mean even some of the newer bloods members have commented that that playstyle is underwhelming, and while they may not want to go out against their team, you can sense that they're playing in a way that's plainly not enjoyable.

So what are we left with, a Simming team at the top which is locked in 45 because they have no offense to break out, doomed to slowly lose cities and stop growing as theirs a finite amount of rocks to found in 45. A new power house in 55/44/half of 54 which is now more then hungry to grab some bloods cities after they break their deal with us and think it's a cool thing to do, a dark horse in 54 which is gonna play spoilers (shout out BD should be good fun :D ) and some rim teams who are yet to pick their allegiance and could make a play for a couple of crown spots by supporting the right groups. All in all this server lives, and hopefully so does externals.

Your's truly,
Trist