Wish List World War a la Grepolis

• Thread starter DeletedUser50717
  • Start date

DeletedUser50717

Proposal:
A new world in which only a certain amount of players, the ellite of each server will be able to play.

Reason:
The idea is that after years of the classic grepolis game it has come to my attention that a great amount of players seek to compete against other players in the form of nations, meaning that a team from Germany for example will enter a french server in order to compete against the french and test whether they are any good against other national players.

Details:
This world would only allow access to a certain number of players from each sever(.de, .fr, .gr, etc) which would be given the right by proving they are the elite in a server of their country. In other words there would be 25-30 teams, one from each server and 2 or 3 from the international one(.net). Those teams would include 150-200 players only from their own nation, except the .net server as i mentioned before which would have as participants players that either failed to enter their national team or their nation simply doesn't have a team for various reasons. Below i wrote an example of how that idea could be implemented and many details that should be addressed or revised just for this world.

Example:
We have 5 countries, the following one: Germany, France, Greece, Netherlands, Spain (the order in which they are sorted is according to the order the servers are listed). From each country only 150-200 players will be allowed to participate in this World War(WW) server, the exact number should be decided by the developers, but for my example i'll use the number 150. The players in each country's team will be composed of a specific world's alliance who will manage to create the 7 miracles in this promotive server(let's call this one PS for easier mention) and win that world.
However PS must have the same characteristics with WW because there may be players for example that can be at their best in a world with 3 unit speed but they are really bad at one with 1 unit speed. Following that, after 6-10-20 months, depending on how long the PS of every country will last there will be an alliance for each nation who will have won the PS server, meaning that we will have a total of 25-30 teams -there are 22 servers for each nation, one beta server and the international one if I am not mistaken meaning that we would have 22 teams for certain, and i propose 3-5 more teams from the .net because in this one server play most of the players.
Moreover these 22-30 teams will have the right to do any changes they desire about their members, either add or remove someone. Of course in order to promote democracy and equal rights the player who had leader rights in the PS server will be the representative of his or her team and every change in the members must have the approve of the majority of the votes, this function could be performed right after the 7th miracle was created so as to reduce the chances of abuse of power. So after a small amount of time in order to reduce the chances of something bad happening this WW sever would finally open.

At this world i believe that there should be a change in some properties of the usual worlds as well as an improvement to the rules in order to make them more realistic and likable to the players:
  1. Official alliances shouldn't be permitted because in that case there could be instances of xenophobia, racism and marginalization between the allied alliances and the common enemy in which case they will all be simple people.
  2. If a player for some reason can't enter the WW server he/she shouldn't be allowed to transfer ownership of the account to a different person, cause that possibility allows for way too many breaches in the rules. After all they had a margin of some days to complete any changes needed in the members.
  3. Official language should be English because they are the most widely known and almost everyone uses it.
  4. The management team should either be consisted of members from each country or it should be one from the international server.
  5. As i mentioned before the WW should be a .net server, meaning that it would have an article in this forum but the access in game would be restricted to those selected by the aforementioned procedure.
  6. Morale should be definitely not active in either the WW world or the PS because many alliances could take advantage of it and use it to further their own goals, something that would be highly immoral and wrong.

These are the characteristics I think would work best with that project.
World War and Promotive Server world
World Speed: 3
Unit Speed: 1
Beginner Protection: 7 Days
Alliance Cap: 150-200
Conquer System: Conquest
Morale: No
Additional Information: No night time bonus. There should be peace for Christmas, not because it is a celebration of Christianity but because it symbolizes the change of year so the peace should somewhere like 24 December - 06 January.
Version: 2.0
Heroes: Yes

Morale:
Since everyone would enter at the same time, morale shouldn't be a factor because there wouldn't be any small players because they entered last but because they gave their cities in order to have an advantage over the enemies.

Notes:
Finally if the countries are 25 with a team of 150 players each there would be a total of 3750 absolutely active players, who would purchase more gold that normal because the competition would be more difficult. Moreover one friend of mine added some time ago that such a system already exists in another game called Travian or something and it has brought great profits both to the company and the players alike.

Summary:
This is an idea that will severely change the outlook of every world and it will both excite the players and make them spend more money and time in the game in order to become more competitive, after all InnoGames is a company and the first and foremost goal of a company is to maximize profits.

An idea like mine may have already been proposed but after uploading at my nations forum and seeing some positive reaction from the other players there i believed that it would be for the best to upload it also at the international forum where there is a higher traffic.

P.S. If you like my idea comment below with either a problem you found or an added characteristic or just express how much you like it, that action of your's will help make it a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ha.

This sounds like a great idea, however due to bureaucratic manure this kind of idea is labelled under the Do Not Suggest section and so will never be implemented.

DeletedUser31385

It could be implemented if COMAs wanted to organize this.

DeletedUser31385

Yes they do. They decide the settings for worlds and do many other things.
You must be thinking of CO-COMAs.

DeletedUser50717

Ha.

This sounds like a great idea, however due to bureaucratic manure this kind of idea is labelled under the Do Not Suggest section and so will never be implemented.

I really don't think so
in travian i believe there exists a system like the one i described and it has actually gained both many fans to switch from grepolis to it and a huge amount of extra income for the company since all these players are fighting for more than just a title, but to make their country win that title.

DeletedUser31385

Has been moved to Wish List as it is suggesting a new world type.