World Win

DeletedUser2595

Well, This world is finally over, we have a winner.

I think we can safely say that the best team won - The team that stuck together and played together rather than aim for most numbers and merging every time it looked like they were slightly dis-advantaged.

Some players, I hope to meet in new worlds, other players - your attitude stinks and I hope to never play against you again.

Triad Rules!

DeletedUser33530

download_4.jpg

Seriously though. Ya you won, but as you should have won this really isnt a big deal. No one outside the world even checks this forum besides Druvi so your gloating as pointless. You people played in freaking Athens and your biggest accomplishmeant is suddenly winning a third rate world like this. Also you are claiming to have proven a point that is already known by EVERYONE. Honestly, I hope you guys keep playing as close to all of you are amazing players and gold funders (billy you rock) but get rid of your huge egos.

DeletedUser2595

Ah, the Nobel prize winner for the photoelectric effect. A role model of mine I have to say. :)

And what's the point of winning if you can't gloat :p

Yes, we should have won this world anyway, but it's still nice to point it out.

And it's not about the egos - it's about pointing out that smaller alliances can win even against the mass mergers - Druvi expected you guys to win as you had more cities.

We got Masters of Athens, so it's still nice to get a Victor of a world, even if it was a pretty pathetic world, ruined by people merging constantly.

I still stand by my belief that a three way end of world with UF/Relentless/Triad would have been epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21774

Have to check the milestones - see if we have the fewest # of alliance players relative to the maximum alliance limit to win a world.

DeletedUser43023

I have to agree with Cheater. Beating Phoenix wasn't much of a challenge. Rather disappointing, for sure. Perhaps the next world will be better.

As for the rest....I can't claim anything here....joined extremely late. Just had a little fun sniping poor cs attempts on my cities in o55. Kudos are due for the Triad leadership. Was good to be on their side. Very well ran alliance.... albeit, I enjoyed being a thorn in their side in Athens. :)

DeletedUser33530

Ah, the Nobel prize winner for the photoelectric effect. A role model of mine I have to say. :)

And what's the point of winning if you can't gloat :p

Yes, we should have won this world anyway, but it's still nice to point it out.

And it's not about the egos - it's about pointing out that smaller alliances can win even against the mass mergers - Druvi expected you guys to win as you had more cities.

We got Masters of Athens, so it's still nice to get a Victor of a world, even if it was a pretty pathetic world, ruined by people merging constantly.

I still stand by my belief that a three way end of world with UF/Relentless/Triad would have been epic.

Stephen Hawking tops him in my opinion.

Well if you are glambling it's to make money. For just about anything else I would recommend you play for fun and the winning is pointless.

Well Druvi is one guy, who didn't have all the details and just saw phoenix getting the first few really quick. So from what he knew it looked like we should have won but he was very ignorant about this world. Given all the facts he would have saw you guys had the better chance of winning as would everyone else so you are making at point for no reason. So either you really didn't pay any attention, which is understandable, or you are trying to feed your egos.

Oh it was ruined long before the merges but you guys do deserve a victor award and I hope you go get it on a real world later.

In theory it would have been epic but in reality I think triad would have just totally dominate. At least with the merge you had some competition.

DeletedUser2595

Hawking is impressive I admit, but I think that Einstein had incrediblyy groundbreaking ideas - as evidenced my the Nobel prize committee being too scared to give him the prize based on his work on relativity.

We are playing for fun. But part of the fun is winning. Anyone who says the fun is only in the playing is kidding themselves - the real fun is in winning while havng played a good game. True, the expierence of playing as part of Triad is second to none - our skype channel is epic. Not only great for grepo but discussions on everything - politics, drinks, sport, current affairs, history etc

I hope too that we get it in another world - we have a few old friends from Athens who should hopefully join us in terrorising the next world we join.

I disagree - I think it would have been epic. We would have had Triad as the most aggresive, UF as the resource intensive and Rel as the middle player. It would have forced us to break Rel and UF WW's but would have forced Rel to do the same. While UF would have had less res to shove at res but would have had Triad/Rel attention divided.

DeletedUser33530

We'll just have to agree to disagree on most of that. The best Skype chat I have ever seen though was run but venomium and if you guys could actually top that you people must be gods in disquise.
Also although I want to see you guys in an interesting world please don't leave this world until it is truly done. It may be uninteresting but I still would hate to see this world end pre-maturely.

DeletedUser2595

Don't worry, we intend on staying right to the end of the world.

Our skype chat is incredibly epic.

DeletedUser30490

hey noobs :p
so which 4 did triad build?

my milestones are waiting

DeletedUser11165

Pyramids, Artemis, Lighthouse, Tomb - Gardens will be up soon

DeletedUser25249

Oh sweet, maybe we can sort out a grudge match or maybe combine forces on a new server, anyways good work guys I always had faith in you lot annoying the hell out of this server.

DeletedUser30490

awesome
will be done with the milestone update soon

let me know what you guys think then:)

DeletedUser33530

When do you guys get your congratulations announcement?

DeletedUser33530

More specifically forum admins. Baudin and Richie can get very busy sometimes.

DeletedUser30490

no thread for you guys
apprently they dont do that anymore

DeletedUser2595

Seriously? Well that sucks. Why not? Mods cant be bothered to load a pre-made template?

Do we still get our certificate?

DeletedUser33530

I don't see why you shouldn't be getting both of those but if you didn't get that certificate automatically I don't think you'll be getting it.