World With No WW - Petition

DeletedUser

I respect that you cats have to update and eradicate (fun), but I'd like to make this very valid proposal:

Give us a 3/3 Conquest (clearly no morale) with no WW - let us have Grepolis how it was made and what made us fall in love with this game!

Look at the original guys around from pre-2.0: almost none of us have a crown because that's not why we play. We play for the glory of a winning a good fight with only our honor at stake. We will claw each other at the core until we have nothing left and can only hope for the mercy which we know will never come.

We're your most loyal player base, just give us this. Let us fight and die in the glory of battle!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12512

I'm for no WW, but I like the idea of an end game. In my view every conflict should have a foreseeable end to it. so I'd be more interested in some new way to determine who the victor on a server is rather than simming WW in a war game

DeletedUser27128

No WWs, but yes, we do need an endgame.

Something like the Artemisia event will be interesting to see!

DeletedUser27128

Whatever.. my point is, make it something where you actually use your units to kill stuff!!

Milos21

Phrourach
Servers without WW era would be extremely popular. I would rather play server with settings which are far from perfect without WWs, than a perfect server with WWs.
Alternative end game has been also proposed and I believe Artemisia event was one of the tests of such a scenario (for example first alliance which conquers and holds 7 artemisia cities). which aint easy with 20k biremes in harbor.

DeletedUser

This has been discussed in every possible form, shape and lenght for years now... inno has said no to that every time. They will change the endgame thing though, it has been in their roadmap for 2 years now.. I have an itchy feeling this will happen sooner than later with this huge gap in worlds, the Artemisia thing being tested and other relative quietness as far as big updates go.

Original grepo should be 1/1 conquest though Treachery...

DeletedUser

The end game in v1 was you took the other guys' cities. No morale, no alliance caps, no stupid pointless res-pushing or boring meaningless NPC bashing. Just good honest killing.

DeletedUser33530

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the old style worlds be brought back.

DeletedUser24285

The current system does have certain merits. For example the WW system gives you the following:

1. A need to use enhanced diplomatic skills to form an alliance capable of going for the Crown and leaders capable of holding this alliance together
2. Strategists capable of arranging for citing secure wonders and provide counterplay in the event of an opponent gaining these wonders - to re-capture them.
3. Leaders who can motivate both simmers and raptors.

In a way it is quite similar to war as we fight it, in the military. Not only do we have to win the war but we have to win the peace as well.

Now I am all for "change for the better" and I am sure that there are players out there who can suggest both alternatives and improvements. So why not - come on guys/gals - make your suggestions and outline the rationale behind them.

BTW - what happened to "Hero Worlds" and what was the winning scenario in those worlds??

DeletedUser33530

Hero worlds had no winning scenario and they still exist. It's just almost everyone can get into them nowadays and inno doesn't plan on releasing new ones.

DeletedUser

This idea isn't about removing WW, it is about giving the people who want to play a world without WW that option.

People who like WW should definitely still have that option, but I don't think that the entire player base should be subjected to that particular play style on every world.

DeletedUser31385

People who like WW should definitely still have that option, but I don't think that the entire player base should be subjected to that particular play style on every world.

That part I agree with.

DeletedUser31385

They are old and not everyone wants to play a regular world just to quit either.

DeletedUser13405

Sign me up for this....a world with no WW or endgame....thats the game I signed up for. Perpetual war.

DeletedUser31385

Endless war is what RL is like. It is also what the Greeks faced. A world should be won by dominance.