World Wonder constructions

Estas

Phrourach
This is a topic of some contention on a world in which we've just begun the WW construction phase.

Let's say Alliance X has islands it controls, and has started building. Alliance Y has volunteered to help, by a rather complicated system wherein the players leave Alliance Y, join Alliance X and make their contributions of resources and favour to the build, then return to Alliance Y again.

Those players in Alliance Y have been told that if a crown is achieved, a wonder completed, would mean they too earn a 'crown' even though they're not members of Alliance X.

Is there any truth to this? Does contribution to the construction of a WW, regardless of which alliance you are in at the time of completion, gain you recognition for your efforts?

I think not, but would like to have by belief confirmed.

Thanks,

Estas

Last edited:

Zarun-

Strategos
What they will be doing is, building all 10 wonders and getting everyone in Alliance X the crown.

Then the players eligible to also get the crown will join Alliance X (once it has made space) then a wonder will be demolished and rebuilt to get 10 again.

This process is repeated until everyone gets crowned.

If inno would abolish/disallow this practice (among a few others) then mass-teams violating alliance caps would be highly and effectively discouraged. But I digress.

Estas

Phrourach
Thanks for the response. I don't think the membership of Alliance Y understands the process, or how much time it will take.
If indeed, following demolition, Alliance X can rebuild before any other alliance does.

DeletedUser46251

You only need to knock down one wonder by a single level to 9. You can do this by a player having a single wonder city leaving the alliance momentarily. Then re fill the level and accelerate and make sure that the members of alliance y joins alliance x before the upgrade is complete.

Estas

Phrourach
I'm unhappy with the system which would allow accolades to be handed out by means which some would call 'devious'..

The whole ethos of the game is to build an alliance strong enough to prepare properly for the endgame, and loopholes such as this, only prolong the WW stage, and leaves many who have trusted the alliance actually controlling the build, at the mercy (so to speak) of those who were once enemies.
It's a fact that politics makes strange bedfellows, but this round-robin construction nonsense doesn't seem to me to be an honourable method for achieving what would normally be beyond the reach of those who have not prepared.
Trusting an alliance you were mortal enemies with a week ago to keep their word and go through the tedious process of building, demolishing, and rebuilding, all for the sake of a 'crown' which was truthfully unearned, seems to me to be the height of stupidity.
The rules need to be re-examined.

DeletedUser31385

I think they should fix this problem. I am going to create an idea that will forbid this. My suggestion has been posted in the ideas section. I titled it "Fixing World Wonder Abuse".

Last edited: