World Wonder Era

DeletedUser

3 weeks before the upgrade the top 12 alliances made 201 conquest between them, 2 weeks before the upgrade the top 12 made 224 conquest between them and the week before the upgrade the top 12 made 279 conquest between them.

Growth in conquest numbers is to be expected as weak players lose cities to stronger players giving them more attacking power and therefore allowing them to take cities and help their allies take cities. However in the past week since the upgrade the top 12 only made 187 conquest between them which shows a big drop off in active fighting.

The thing that made this world so exciting was the non stop attacks and conquest, this is pretty much the point "the whiners" were trying to make, that 2.0 would turn this from a war game into simcity. Which in turn will make it boring and stop players having any great interest in the game, which again will in time drive up the inactivity.

So while you maybe right about the world growing in points I am not happy to say it seems I have been proven right in my fears of the world becoming boring.

The top twelve alliances have made 381 conquests in the last 7 days, far more than before 2.0

The world is also growing as fast as ever, it has gained 6.5 million points since the upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

381 conquest yes but how many of them were internal inactives which had to be conquered due to the fact the players left the game because of the upgrade? I know a large percentage of our alliances conquest in the past 7 days were inactives both gains and losses. DF took a ton of inactives from us in the past 7 days, that never ever happened before the upgrade, HB has been conquering his off in O65 cleaning up inactives for the last 7 days, and in the last 7 days my friend who I have known since I started this game left due to the upgrade.

Mate you can argue your point with me until your blue in the face but regardless of what you think, yourself and sab are the only 2 I have seen who have anything good to say about the upgrade. Players are dropping out like flies, others (including me) are determined to finish this world but will not be starting another. So please carry on trying to convince me that this upgrade is not causing players to leave if you wish but as I am one of the players who will be leaving because of it I can assure you that you are wasting your time.

DeletedUser

As far as I'm concerned the sooner the whiners leave the better. And for every bitter (poor loser) old man who quits grepolis because of the upgrade, I can assure you that new players will come to grepolis as it continues to get better.

You can give out all the excuses you want, but the numbers prove your predictions were wrong.

DeletedUser

OK yes you were right, this upgrade is the greatest thing that ever happened to this game and everybody who has a problem with it (or who has a different opinion than you about it) is obviously a bitter whiner and poor loser (little confused as to what exactly it is that we lost but whatever).

It has nothing to do with the fact we (the whiners) don't like this new version and wish to enjoy our on line gaming, I mean over the past 2-3 years I have spent a lot of hard earned money on this game. Just like I have spent a lot of hard earned money in the same pub for the last 10 years.

I drink in that pub because I find it relaxing, the owner supports the same team as me so when there are games on my team is always on the TV down there and at the weekends he hires bands that play the same kind of music that I like to get drunk while listening to. However you can be sure if he changed these things tomorrow and started watching dirt on the TV or hiring bands that my granny would listen to I would find myself a new pub to drink in.

Not because I'm a whiner but because I work hard all day and like to enjoy my time off. Now you are entitled to your opinion on this upgrade and if you like it fine, please enjoy your gaming. I wont call you a brown nose or teachers pet or any childish name for agreeing with grepo when they say this upgrade is good for the game. For you see I believe you are free to have an opinion which is different to mine without been insulted or called any stupid names.

Though please be sure I am not bitter nor am I a whiner I just feel that there are many other games out there which would suit me better than 2.0 and I am 100 per cent sure that the makers of those games will be just as happy as Inno was to take my cash.

DeletedUser

For you see I believe you are free to have an opinion which is different to mine without been insulted or called any stupid names.

Don't be silly, you (poor loser) are the King of insults. You can't take it though, which is why I enjoy giving it right back to you.

DeletedUser

Well thank you I have always considered myself some kind of king and its nice to here it from somebody else but a poor loser??? Again I still can't work out what I have lost if you could perhaps explain what the hell you are banging on about with that stupidly random comment?

DeletedUser

Well thank you I have always considered myself some kind of king and its nice to here it from somebody else but a poor loser??? Again I still can't work out what I have lost if you could perhaps explain what the hell you are banging on about with that stupidly random comment?

You lost the vote and are a poor loser.

DeletedUser

I didn't enter any election mate you must have me confused with some other king, I couldn't have lost any vote as I wasn't in the position for anybody to vote for me!

DeletedUser

Correct me if I am wrong but did our WW waiting time go from 2 months back up to 4 months?

DeletedUser

3 months now, people keep leaving, which reduces the standing of the top 50, which makes it take longer.