Wish List World Wonder idea ~ Fighting becomes rewarded

DeletedUser

Proposal: To make the World Wonder race more of a battle than a resource pumping session.

Reason: This game is supposed to be about warring with 'enemies', and supporting your friends, and unfortunately our end-game system takes that away and makes us pump resources into building the wonders. Before the World Wonder stages, the battling is fine, but during and afterwards, wars end too quickly.

Details: Resources are still needed to upgrade the wonder, but you also have to 'charge' it with battlepoints. There is a particular way that it would work; Where you see the type of attacks you're able to send (normal & revolt), another option will appear next to them in a similar sized box, called 'World Wonder BP'. The same principles as a normal attack applies, however all BP gained goes towards charging the BP box on the world wonder screen next to the resources completion bar, and not your Agora. When BOTH the resource bar and the BP bar is filled, the World Wonder can be upgraded to the next level, and the number of BP needed to charge the WW will be increased in a similar fashion to the way the number of resources is increased.

Visual Aids: Sry me iz nub

Balance/Abuse Prevention: There is no abuse that I can think of. I'm very open to opinions of abuse though.

I understand others have also suggested methods that would improve the wonders, and perhaps something similar to this has been suggested too. I haven't seen it, but perhaps it's there.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

Hmm... not sure I like the idea of BP being diverted from the Agora to a Wonder, and the proposal leaves me a bit cold. Why not have it that the BP you collect normally during a wonder phase, also gets added during the construction?

Having a fighting component can make building wonders at least 2-3 times harder than they are at present, since you will have to not only divert resources into each level, but also into building units to keep collecting BP per level. Then there is the issue of people who suicide their units on each other instead of fighting to get ahead, it would technically be easier to get BP from team mates than enemies who would dodge.

DeletedUser

Hmm... not sure I like the idea of BP being diverted from the Agora to a Wonder, and the proposal leaves me a bit cold. Why not have it that the BP you collect normally during a wonder phase, also gets added during the construction?

That certainly is an idea... I was thinking that too myself to be honest, but if it all gets done automatically then I don't think it would add much fun to the whole thing. If people tend to agree with your statement though, I'll edit the OP. :)

Having a fighting component can make building wonders at least 2-3 times harder than they are at present, since you will have to not only divert resources into each level, but also into building units to keep collecting BP per level. Then there is the issue of people who suicide their units on each other instead of fighting to get ahead, it would technically be easier to get BP from team mates than enemies who would dodge.

Making them harder is a good thing IMO, and having to use units to do the job is even better. As for people killing their own soldiers, that is an issue of abuse that definitely has to be addressed. I never noticed that to be honest, so thanks. :) I think that issue could be resolved if BP can only be added to the wonder construction if it's been obtained through a city that doesn't belong to your alliance or one of your pacts... Perhaps a 2x multiplier on those cities marked as enemies..

DeletedUser

That certainly is an idea... I was thinking that too myself to be honest, but if it all gets done automatically then I don't think it would add much fun to the whole thing. If people tend to agree with your statement though, I'll edit the OP. :)

The sharp increase in difficulty alone would be one reason worth changing it, but I understand where you are coming from.

Making them harder is a good thing IMO, and having to use units to do the job is even better. As for people killing their own soldiers, that is an issue of abuse that definitely has to be addressed. I never noticed that to be honest, so thanks. :) I think that issue could be resolved if BP can only be added to the wonder construction if it's been obtained through a city that doesn't belong to your alliance or one of your pacts... Perhaps a 2x multiplier on those cities marked as enemies..

I would have no idea if this abuse could even be avoided, similar concepts suggested before involving people losing the ability to gain BP from attacking team mates have been rejected since some people do genuinely clear out some of their cities to use them for other purposes, losing a lot of resources and time in the process. Whether an exception can be made here is something to be seen.

It would be great to see something implemented that isn't pure simming that helps to win a world, having BP requirements is nice, what about adding conquer pre-requisites? Technically this wont stop people from taking inactives from another alliance to boost another level, but at least the added combination of BP and city capturing would encourage players to take enemy cities, while simultaneously making wonder construction an extraordinary amount of difficulty compared to how they are at present.

DeletedUser

Ive never gotten to the wonders stage, but from what Ive read there are 7 wonders and you need four of them to get something through. I would recommend to look at each wonder requiring something different for each one. You could have:
1) A wonder requiring Resources.
2) A wonder requiring Battle Points.
3) A wonder requiring Favor.
4) A wonder requiring Land Unit Sacrifices.
5) A wonder requiring Sea Unit Sacrifices.
And two wonders requiring other things (cant think of anything).

I also think that you should need a wonder in each direction to win (NW, NE, SW, SE) to win with only one wonder being able to be built in the one Ocean (so if an opponent starts one you must prevent it before building one in that island).

Each wonder should give a speed bonus to the alliance as a wonder is built for that ocean (from Speed x 1 at Level 0 to Speed x 3 at Level 10). It means that the game would quicken up towards the end of the game, which would make players interested at that stage). EG: Speed 3 game, alliance X builds Level 10 Wonder in Ocean 45, all players in alliance X can move at Speed 9 when sending from that ocean.

DeletedUser

Only issue I see with that is having a wonder is every direction. Many alliances never even see another direction, let alone get strong there. The rest of the post is definitely something to think about though.

DeletedUser

Thanks Kanga. I dont expect that my four directions idea will ever see the light of day. However I would like to see each wonder require a different skill (only one would be resources), that only one wonder can be built in one ocean (100 oceans and the winners will put them in four islands near each other in the safest spot in their territory) and most importantly an ocean advantage (ie: I conquored Ocean 45 now I can move at great speeds from there).
I like the idea of wonders (even though Ive never gotten past 4 months playing a world), I just would like to see there be incentives, make it easier towards the end of a world where the game quickens up (eg: World is Speed 3, Alliance A has Wonder L10 in 45, Alliance B has Wonder L10 in 55 ... both decide they want to take each others territory ... the wonders make it an awesome battle as they both build at a significant speed, being Speed 9. NOTE: I dont expect two alliances to have L10 wonder right next to each other, its just an example).

DeletedUser8396

I like it...but I like the other WW modifications better :(

so its a no from me