World Wonder Predictions

• Thread starter DeletedUser22940
  • Start date

skiboot

Phrourach
It seems to be an angry thread indeed.

Simple truth about Harpoon is that they had a bad start, landing in four different oceans, and became early targets for PL and Juggernaut. I personally give them great credit for their resilience under fire and for relocating to 53. It would have been very easy for them to fold.

As for our pact with Harpoon, it wasn’t ended by us. I know that Harpoon were disappointed by a perceived lack of support from us, but we did what we could under the circumstances. It was a difficult time for us also, as we had Juggernaut, Polish Legion and 2 Freaky 2 Handle all allied against us. Ask rkh1 and Erik about their defensive cooperation during that phase of the server. Stirlo will remember the cities we tried to defend together. As it was, we were losing cities of our own and we had little to no defence available most of the time. We had to rely on our skills as snipers and roundabout where possible.

Later in the game it became obvious that Harpoon and SI would come into conflict in north 44/54 and that’s fine with us. This is a war game after all and sometimes you fight players you like and respect.

As for our relationship with Slackers – these guys only wanted to leave The Grim and play their own game. Many of our players and theirs have played together on previous servers and they have been true and loyal friends through some very testing times. Being the only allies we have that border the core, without their support I hesitate to think where we might be.

I agree with Stirlo that the world is far from over. There is plenty to fight for. Personally I think Helorus has been one of the most competitive servers I have ever played and I’m thankful to every player form the alliances that are here fighting it out for making it so.

May the best team win…

DeletedUser23971

lool you received no attacks from me but when tukker wakes up hell find a lovely surprise ... a nice few ls nukes wiped and land nukes wiped... robbyn paid me in sweets lol

TGA yeah maybe, but lets face it harpoon cant attack for nothing..... if i was a 64/54 north player i'd snipe your land attacks like nothing, your timings are appauling

So Robbyn pays you in sweets when all you want is an invite to SI - that is cruel.

DeletedUser

This is an honest question Frank. At this stage of the world what is in it for Slackers players to continue to help SI win? Its admirable that you guys are so loyal but i just don't understand whats in it for the vast majority of your players who have no hope in hell of actually winning this world. I just can't understand the mentality of spending 6-9 months of your life in an alliance who won't / can't win the world themselves and are just geared up to help another alliance win it. Even if SI invited in all the slackers players they could to reward them for all this hard work just before they got the 4th wonder that going to amount to 10 - 20 players tops. What the hell are the other 100-150 who theres no room for getting out of it? Or would they actually all be simmers who are happy just to be part of a 67m point combined group of alliances and the safety that brings?

Honest question. Cos lets face it although multiple alliances can complete all 7 wonders for the crown only one alliance can truly win the world and everything else is a hollow victory.

some people, like me, dont play for a crown, most just play to pass the time/boredom.... it's all fun and games.

SI have been allies throughout the world and will finish the world as allies

DeletedUser

Ah yes the Noobs, every alliance has some, Harpoon no more than any other, it's all part of the game, i wouldn't get too cocky about it though as i'm sure it wouldn't take me long to post some attack reports from your lot, you know, attacks without LS's etc, attacks landing 10 minutes apart, everyone has their own style i guess lol, so on your basis i could say your timings are appalling also, but it's an unfair assessment when your tar everyone with the same brush..... Anyhow, enjoy the rest of this world Frank and keep on dreaming!

You're a very touchy person huh, you need to chill out a little lol post whatever you want.... and just like you in this world it will go unnoticed ... :p

DeletedUser

Frank...that's wayyyyyyyy to much info.

None of the things I've said were said out of anger. More like friends talking smack to each other. I hope none took things personally. Having said that, I give you all permission to hit panic mode as PL with their new "member" have taken the lead. Begin to panic......now!

DeletedUser

Nice Frank, you can't argue with the facts because you know it's true, so you turn it into something else...

You the man Frank, you the man.

DeletedUser

damn superwesty ... find a sense of humor it can be hard for such a miserable guy but it's doable ..... me scusey

DeletedUser

i see slackers jump in and out SI, SI is now helping harpoon....
skiboot still in VM? thats why he is all day on skype (having a nice vacation) good for you Ski ;) ....

well, come on Poles! you can do this! whahahahaa!

never saw such a crazy world. just finish it in a week...please

:pro:

DeletedUser

from a war point of view, world has been a good-en...

but sheesh politically been a shambles

DeletedUser

yea politically in shambles - should be a US server in that case :D

DeletedUser22940

Politics, by nature, are like that, yes?

Anyhow, currently taking bets on who rage quits first after a stalemate situation.

DeletedUser

I say Freaks mainly pirates though... seems most of there main players hit VM, maybe RL or fed up.... but they will make easy prey now.... i'll get my spear and fork ready

DeletedUser

Pl are beasting through them... wish i had the willpower to do... but im lazy lol

nice job though

DeletedUser24454

Looking forward to the promised changes to the World Wonder set up! This IS a War Game after all - seems only right it should end like it started! All the resource sending and favor spending is a dead bore!

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?44456-Grepolis-Roadmap-2013

Author said:
World wonder revamp
Currently, world wonders do not work the way we originally hoped for. Grepolis is about epic fights and an ongoing war. The world wonders will be changed to significantly motivate all players to crush their enemies' heads.

All kudos to PL - definitely the most active alliance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

P.S. - PL will not win the server. Just because their WW rank is currently #1 means very little. Look a bit closer......don't hurt yourself now. Oh.....there it is......do you see it yet?????
Dreaming again RH, you couldn't take a Ski city before WWs why do you think you could have during it? Has Freaky or Harps attacked a PL city? PL are favorites after all. No? What a surprise, please all go and ghost as you are wasting your time here.

Here is a link for all you whiners: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/msscomm2/Whambulance.jpg

Man guys, way to derail my thread here :eek:

39 posts and not a single prediction.

Here it goes....I predict that SI will take a PL wonder city fast and serious.
They shall never see it coming.

Sincerely
~ED aka Warlord

I agree with Stirlo that the world is far from over. There is plenty to fight for. Personally I think Helorus has been one of the most competitive servers I have ever played and I’m thankful to every player form the alliances that are here fighting it out for making it so.

May the best team win…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unt8tZPq5C0