World wonder time!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser19569
  • Start date

DeletedUser19569

hey nice to see some response finally..=) i agree that death squad should at least be trying to do something.it seems as is they are doing nothing.

My alliance Achaemenids is less then half the point size of everyone else and we have 4 wonders up. :)

DeletedUser

It seems to me Clive has missed the obvious way to block D.N.'s imminent Wonder victory.

D.N have about 3800 cities working on at least 4 Wonders (thats 950 cities per Wonder)

If Titans Hammer put their 2373 cities on 1 Wonder
and Diehards put their 2247 cities on 1 Wonder
and Death Squad put their 2,040 cities on 1 Wonder
and Braveheart (or other !?) put their 1,798 cities on 1 Wonder

then so long as those are 4 different Wonders, D.N. would likely be blocked and have to destroy one of them.

Let D.N. have the difficulty of breaking a heavily defended Wonder island instead of other alliances doing it to them !

Theres still plenty of time for DEATH SQUAD to catch up, the early Wonder levels are quite small, I think it works out as follows:

Level 1 = 0.3% of total resources required to build Wonder
Level 2 = 0.6% (0.9% total)
Level 3 = 0.9% (1.8% total)
Level 4 = 1.51% (3.31% total)
Level 5 = 2.41% (5.72% total) <<< We are Here !!!
Level 6 = 4.22% (9.94%)
Level 7 = 7.23% (17.17%)
Level 8 = 12.45% (29.62%)
Level 9 = 21.08% (50.7%)
Level 10 = 49.4% (100%)

So level 10 is nearly as big as all the other levels put together !

Come on DEATH SQUAD, pull your finger out and build at least ONE Wonder ! (preferably the one that the other top alliances are weakest in)
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12324

I don't think you can ask DS to pull our fingers out, atleast we are being aggressive which is more than can be said for others like DH (atleast the ones i have encountered).

DN have won this world simple as it was a dream team put together from near the start of sigma if i remember rightly (warriors of epsilon making up the majority right?), so anyways we might aswell take what we can from this world and hope to kick some serious in the hero world.

DeletedUser

When did "being aggressive" mean giving up so easily, when the Wonders are only 10% or less completed ! We need to use intelligence as well as brute force. Just being aggressive with no sensible plan is not good enough.

I just outlined a simple method that would make it difficult for D.N. to win, and you are still ready to quit/surrender without even trying ! Not really that Heroic is it ?

Hero's fight to win when the odds are against them. Theres nothing Heroic about your current strategy !

:pro:

DeletedUser

for three months we have asked people to take on DN...for three months they have only attacked each other and never DN

how heroic is that..to try to outsource them...with half as many cities..

DeletedUser

Uh ! You have 2000 cities (10700 points avg), and they have 1000 cities per Wonder (10400 points avg). Are you saying your 2000 cities would be outsourced by their 1000 cities !

Not much of a vote of confidence in your alliance ! You'd outnumber D.N. 2:1 on one Wonder !

:eek:

DeletedUser

we will take that under advisement but for now we are concentrating on attacking and keeping them occupied

we have formed a "fighting arm" - DN ASSASSINS - would you like to help us - we could use support / spells and will not attack anyone that is pacted with us

that will free up the main alliance to build ONE wonder

DeletedUser

I'll message you in-game, all non-DN alliances need to co-operate if we stand any chance of blocking a D.N. victory !

DeletedUser19569

yeh!! people are finally working together, communicating, and believing that someone else can win this besides D.N.!!:p

DeletedUser20025

Well, what are you guys waiting for? We're ready for you folks! Any day, anytime... as usual! ;)

Piece of advice.... a few may be interested but the rest have given up. I was a major part of the South East Syndicate and after WoE merged with D.N, everyone else knew they'd be fighting a losing battle, thus the inevitable happened... which was- half the world's now in VM mode. It would take a mammoth stance to remotely threaten D.N for we've made the effort to safeguard everything 3 times over while you'll were busy bickering all this time as to what you'll should do. We keep increasing this safeguard while you'll create mini kamikaze outfits which would do nothing, I assure you of this.

Also think of this, you hit our WW, we hit you which would be a bad scene... No Name already had a taste of this.... hehe.

My best bet for you folks would be to grow your own wonders and enjoy the spirit of the game in where we have all had the opportunity to come this far and finish it in some way victorious to our own merits. However with that being said, it is but obvious this D.N going to be (God willing) victorious. D.N respects all players, whether part of D.N or not and we believe in showing it only through battle and not making anyone else feel small. We respect you'll, this is something you'll should know now because without you'll there would be no Sigma and no Epic battles which took place which is now a part of sealed and stamped Sigma history.

I only know one team which can break any world wonder and my good friends at WoE know this very well (said with extreme respect) and that is .... The South East Syndicate! Paras and I spoke a couple of days ago (RL Friend) and though about what if Rychemaster, Paras, Gimix, neov and the rest from that team started the now in limbo SES again.... it would be EPIC!!! But then again, I swore my allegiance to D.N and love every moment of it in that team.
So I'd leave you'll with the thought of what could have happened if we regrouped as that lean mean fighting machine!....lol.

Nothing comes close to D.N, WoE and the South East Syndicate in terms of battle & planning. The rest of you folks, well, good luck for the rest of the journey for I am proud to be part of this world and with you'll in it.

DeletedUser

to be honest, the limiting factor for us is time for building these wonders, the resources phase comes and goes very quickly. Level 7s take the best part of 2 days to complete...

Clivestraddle is helping a lot, he sends lots of resources. Thanks Clive.

DeletedUser

Hi darkpsyd,

are you familiar with Stockholm Syndrome !?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

When did you join D.N. ? Its just that I know your previous alliance (South East Syndicate) had a hard time at the hands of D.N., but now you seem to really identify with them.

Kudos to D.N.'s leadership though, they've navigated a skillful course this far, kept a tight ship, and excelled in attack. Its theirs to lose now, as much as everone elses to win !
;)

DeletedUser

to be honest, the limiting factor for us is time for building these wonders, the resources phase comes and goes very quickly. Level 7s take the best part of 2 days to complete...

Clivestraddle is helping a lot, he sends lots of resources. Thanks Clive.

nice try

your alliance refused our offer to dump resources and get this game over with

show one report of my sending you resources and I will quit this game

DeletedUser20025

Hi darkpsyd,

are you familiar with Stockholm Syndrome !?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

When did you join D.N. ? Its just that I know your previous alliance (South East Syndicate) had a hard time at the hands of D.N., but now you seem to really identify with them.

Kudos to D.N.'s leadership though, they've navigated a skillful course this far, kept a tight ship, and excelled in attack. Its theirs to lose now, as much as everone elses to win !
;)

I don't know who told you this but you have your information quite wrong my friend .
I joined D.N 5 months ago when Paras and Rychemeaster called it quits from the SES because they were the only alliance which had proper activity unlike most who were sleeping for some strange reason. We never fought D.N. & we were the only alliance that really fought WoE & gave 'em a run for their money (Ask anyone from WoE as to who removed them from o65 and who gave them a rough ride in o55?) No other alliance even came close to WoE...they were absolute! lol.

If I may ask, which alliance are you from sir?

Yes, the leadership is simple but strong as well as respected and that's what carries it far.

Cheers!
Dark/

P.S Dingy, you're quite right, it is a bit of a pain but then, everybody contributes so should be a sail through.

DeletedUser

Ahhh,

- Grepostats showed you joined D.n on 1st November 2011 - 17:06:56
(after your only city loss on 2011-10-19 11:35:13)

- Your War with WoE is recorded as a War with D.N. now, because WoE joined D.N. too ! (grepostats shows SES lost 184 cities to D.N., and D.N. lost 13 to SES). All the alliance changes probably make this figures unreliable.

In retrospect though, the D.N./WoE merger was one of the decisive points in Sigma history !
:heh:

DeletedUser20025

Yeah, I've lost a city so far to Mellowmalt (WoE) and while I was on route on a damn train (Wish I had taken the flight) but no excuses though for he won it hands down.
November? damn, I thought it was earlier by at least 2 months. wuite sure it was september or october latest for I was out of town when I joined DN. Life's so good here with all the activity & lovely folk.
Now to come to my point. I have no interest in WoE bashing because for me, I'd hate to admit it but WoE was WoE and the only reason they merged was because the entire world was fighting them and left them with no option. Otherwise the only alliance which in the beginning nearly got rimmed by WoE but came back so strong that even WoE admitted it had a fight on its hands was because of the SES.

Go to DerekRisen's profile and the only major alliance not killed or rimmed off by WoE was the SES. Now that's the WoE leader saying it clear and simple... what more do I need to say and if you've spent enough time going through the old threads, the answer lies before you my friend. D.N had no official war with the SES anyway.. it was only the WoE lads fighting the then half in VM SES team but it was an awesome comeback by that team ;)

Paras and Ryche had left by then... so it was gimix, Jeba and myself screaming for people to wake up.. who didn't. And, oh, by the way, if you look at most of the alliances who have their players currently in Vm, those would currently happen to be the ex-SES players who are still in VM mode.. hahaha. Alliances accept SES players knowing full well that they're half sleeping.. that's the weight the SES still carries even when it sleeps.

I love that alliance to death and will speak for it when I have to and D.N have accepted a few SES players because they know the value it carries. Yes, I speak for a few friends & myself who are now as loyal to D.N as we were to the SES.

You are right though when you say that the D.N./WoE merger was one of the decisive points in Sigma history !

WoE lost 19 cities to the SES in 4 days at the o65 border region fighting with gimix, neov, I and luhar esob-> (now in Braveheart also in VM) in August. I know for I was looking after the o65 border with gimix311. Also check out my city called 'SES Bragging Rights'. 6 Alliances couldn't take it from WoE in over a month of battle.. we took it in 9 hours when we decided to step in. With that being said, I owe DerekRisen a lot, so again I say: this is not a WoE bashing session.

Oh, and when I left for DN, Braveheart sent that city 7 CSs and failed miserably. Killed off 11 CSs in under 12 hours :D Now that's something I hold dear and proud off & that's why I've never changed it and left it as it was when I first got the city and changed its name :)

P.S Where are the D.N Assassins? No sight of those lads.

DeletedUser

Well in other worldy news, Kaboom kaboom is an international Sigma hero for being the beast that he is and joining No Name. As a result, 3 of D.N.'s Wonders have halted. The tides are changing.

DeletedUser4577

Did I hear my Name? Been awhile since I frequented the forums...

The guys in 65 weren't that active but hey what do I know or want to open this can of worms once again.

Anyways, Glad to see that WoE still lives on in the forums. I've been thinking of starting WoE in another server but only thought of it. Will take applications and try to get certain players to come with me but will not be joining a slow server for sure.

woe.gif

DeletedUser21129

@Darkpsyd

I'm sure that you remember, but a lot of SES members merged with The Republic, back when it was among the top alliances. The alliance where those members went, was No Name. I remember this quite well, as I was one of those SES members to join No Name in the beginning. Since then I gained friends in the war with DBD, and we took them down when they were bigger than us. Also I have lost friends, either to DN or from them finally giving up. But even though DN is bigger than us we will take them down, as we did with DBD.

DeletedUser

Kaboom kaboom has certainly stirred up an Epic Battle ... its just the opposite way round to the one we all expected !

When the history of Sigma is written, this will rank amongst the most extraordinary and audacious turn of events in any Grepolis world !!! Sigma on steroids !

I expect there will be some frustrated name-calling, but this is Grepolis intrigue at its most explosive ! Its always been part of the diplomatic arsenal of all alliances ... how many other 'deep cover' agents are planning their next dramatic moves !? Fascinating stuff.

:pro::D