World Wonders

DeletedUser12662

Well done, PoC. I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on achieving the simultaneous control of 4 completed wonders. As usual, my respect for your cohesion is validated.

I'd also like to be the first to break into your core when you are only days from achieving wonder number 7. I expect the day will come when our forces meet again.

DeletedUser

Our thanks Sceeth, it was good of you to give us the one and only episode of drama in our Wonder Run. We eagerly anticipate your presence on the field of battle!

Lugosi

Strategos
Lol @ Ascension :D . . . they manage to lose when they're double the pointage of their nearest competitor and have spent a lot of time poaching members from other alliances in preparation to win this.

I can't congratulate PoC seeing as we've been grasping each other with hooks for a long time and it is a great disappointment to see them win although I admire the fact they stuck to their morals and haven't changed them one bit in order to gain their goal.

Least now with the first preliminary of wonders achieved, the pressure and tension in my opinion has been rather released, it seem we can get back to normal fighting again.

DeletedUser

Hey Guys ~

What are the Beta World Wonders looking like? Any update on who's ahead and what your predictions are?

DeletedUser14909

They've pretty much died a death. Current standings are PoC 5, Ascension 1 with 1 up for grabs. As far as I'm aware Ascension have given up the race so it will probably end 6:1.

Unlike other worlds i think the wonders have caused a downturn in activity in Beta, as it was two allies going head to head. As the victors, I feel we have to offer a significant nod in the direction of DS for making it possible. You guys proved to be the ultimate spoilers and for that you have our gratitude. Honorable mention should also go to Sceeth as the one significant challenge we've so far faced.

We hope to take all 7 eventually, but that will require an Ascension default.

To all others, I believe we fancy a fight.

The Wonders -

Molon labe

DeletedUser13405

It would be cool if that were the case....but its my understanding that if PoC lost every city on a wonder island, the wonder would be destroyed. The conquering alliance would not get a Level 9 wonder to complete. So, in order to get a wonder fight, an alliance would need to build up a wonder L9, take a city on your wonder island, then complete the L10 wonder before you could take the city back and rebuild your wonder. Many alliances had no interest in devoting all the resources necessary to build even one wonder to L9. So, you might be waiting quite a while to get a wonder fight, sorry to say.

DeletedUser14909

Too true, we're the winners of the world and we have the graphic to prove it lol. It was only really us and Ascension that went all in for the wonders and once we got our noses in front it became a non-contest. However, I do see it as a potential for a bit of glory for some of the other alliances if they were to take up the gauntlet. Sceeth has proved it is possible to disrupt one of our wonder islands, so there is no reason why it shouldn't happen again. There is also nothing to stop alliances making a co-ordinated group effort (say 1 wonder each) and coming after us in that way.

It all boils down to the fact that we don't want Beta to fade out with a wimper, we want a fight. If this means 'friends,' or any other alliance, coming after the wonders then so be it.

DeletedUser13405

Taking up the gauntlet would not be easy. Geography and city slots would limit the ability for other alliances to effectively move into position to mount a credible threat to your wonders. And there's the whole bazillion resources thing that turned everyone else off in the first place.

But I don't see Beta dying, at least not until a conquest HW without morale is released. There are some interesting storylines yet...

1- What happens to Ascension? They were formed for the purpose of winning the world. Didn't happen. Do they stay together and forge a real alliance or stay a loose collection of good players from other alliances?

2- Does DS stay together and continue to war 1/2 the server? Or do they splinter?

3- Do regional wars break out that keep alliances engaged? As an example, we have been chewing through HMA in the last 5 weeks (48-1, BTW) and our membership is very engaged. One of the best things we could have done.

I see more regional wars rather than world wars erupting, simply due to geography and the possibility of splinter alliances from DS and Ascension.

Lugosi

Strategos
DS will remain and prosper I hope, my ideas will be implemented over the next two weeks so that should add some flare and variation which is much needed.

DeletedUser

Just saying, we weren't formed for winning the world, we were formed of two alliances who were close and realised we both faced the issue of inactivity. THAT was one of our main reasons for discussing the merge in the first place.

From the horse's mouth.

DeletedUser13405

OK, fair point with respect to DJ and Phalanx. But recruiting (adding?) the top players from alliances as HMA, KoTR, TGSA, Burning Crusade and the Furious was for purposes of winning the world. Thats what I mean by a loose collection of very good players (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way).

DeletedUser12662

Told yall to be expecting me right about now. Yall weren't waiting for me to go for the temple again were you? Just because of that little toy of mine?

DeletedUser12662

SILK's temple at level 8. PoC's still at 9.

I'd say the race is on.

DeletedUser

Just saying, we weren't formed for winning the world, we were formed of two alliances who were close and realised we both faced the issue of inactivity. THAT was one of our main reasons for discussing the merge in the first place.

From the horse's mouth.

WATCH what she says closely, one of the reasons, the other was world conquest and to take out alliances that she had personal grudges against that her old alliance or herself would not attempt to try. So pull in diplomacy and sweet talk and have others fight her battles while she again gains in points and cities. Also have other alliances across the map join in one super alliance and have them also send attacks at others in her way, thus destroying the server in a time of upheave as an upgrade was being implemented that had many bugs. Lucky for her the game went to crud in an upgrade and now she can have all the points in game she wants while newer players move onto other servers. I hope you enjoy having a virtual kingdom in charge of well... really nothing. I will spend my time playing other games free of bugz or taking care of real life issues that really matter, thus this rare post. Grepolis had the possibility to become a really kool game but instead it took wrong turns.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hardkill i think you will find that most of the time Sapphire does not request support she has on a few occasions but so has everyone in the game. Most of the support she receives is from her friends who have a tripwire activated so they decide to help her she does not in anyway ask for all the support she recieves most of it is given to her because we want to see her thrive. You will not consider this of course because your blinded by a personal vendetta against her because she didnt accept your attempt to grab power while you were in Phalanx.

Very wrong bloodraver, I never tried to grab any power, in fact I was made Ocean Leader due to others inactivity in game, but I did not ask for it. I left Phalanx a long time ago due to being personally insulted by its leader. If someone gets personal with me no reason to stay in that alliance, this is a game after all and some people in charge take it too personal when they have to stoop to childish acts. BTW I am not the only one that left Phalanx due to these reasons. There is a pattern here and that is why Phalanx had to merge because they were under fire and going to go down until they did merge. Prior to the merge Phalanx could not even take a city from its closest enemy as they were not coordinated. But now I read that Phalanx closest enemy was its friend, what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12662

I'm confused. Who was Phalanx's closest enemy? To me, that means either DJ or SC.

DeletedUser

DJ used to be an enemy, became friends. SC remained an enemy until they pretty much quit.