World Wonders

Lugosi

Strategos
Not for long Jtin, not for long. City reclaimed and building recommenced.

Still happened, a great achievement considering the dense population of your core but a great embarrassment for you. Certainly diverted your attention for the time being. Tbf DS has no knowledge of the cs getting in, sceeth had not informed me so on the whole DS was clueless and probably still clueless seeing as I haven't baby fed them their daily news of the world.

DeletedUser14909

Really JTin? Again from the reports of the incoming we had once the CS was in place you guys were definitely involved in trying to stop us taking it back.

DeletedUser

Hm, that's sad. I can assure you, that I wish this pact to stay, and would, if told who, deal with the rogue member.

I apologize on the behalf of the alliance for this Valerio. I cannot assure it won't happen again, but I can assure you I will do my best to prevent it from happening again. It'd be easier to do if you don't lose anymore wonder cities, but neither you or I will know whether you do or don't.

DeletedUser12662

Jtin and Valerio are both correct. I informed DS of my CS after the fact. Something like, "I have a CS and 8000...7500...no, 7000 biremes in a city on PoC's temple island. If you want to see me keep the city, you'd better send support."

Those that got the word, did indeed send support. Too late though. Not sure if it was the distance, or the time it took for my message to get around, but whichever, there you have it. Had I informed DS of my plans so we could have worked together from the beginning, perhaps things would have been different. But that's too much of a leadership role, a role I've constantly tried to keep at a distance. Even now, I shrug wearily as control of SILK is handed back. Had I done it differently, then I wouldn't be me.

Meanwhile PoC appears to be pushing for retribution against the Ascension player(s) that dared try to support me. As silver linings go, that's a big one. I'll be waiting to see how this plays out.

DeletedUser14909

Don't worry too much Z, we're not out for blood it was more just a heads up and besides its a player you probably wouldn't want to lose because of their size. As i said, we'd heard rumblings there was a bit of a split with some of your guys wanting to do more to win the wonder race, I just didn't think it would be quite so easy to get the proof.

And Sceeth, play in to your hands, nah, I don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Though I hope this will not distract from the fun of the game, PoC deserves to win the WW race, the speed with which they recovered the city in the Artemis island shows coordination and determination.

DeletedUser12662

Marukami- I agree with your assessment of PoC's coordination and determination. Having fought alongside, and against, many of their members now, I'm even more confident of my ancient endorsement of PoC as the alliance to fear. Ability is not the primary measure of a man in my book though. Their implicit condoning of WolfPack's bully tactics prevents me from agreeing that they "deserve" to win.

Valerio- Are you sure? ;) I saw no incoming attacks from Zole during your reconquest, and I know he was not in Vacation Mode. Someone reading all my previous posts might have to wonder if you haven't been "playing in to my hands" as you would put it, for quite some time now. What's a title to me, arbitrarily created by innogames long after we had already begun playing, compared to my duty to protect whatever remains of Phalanx?

But I'm derailing the thread. To bring us back on topic: SILK would like to announce they have entered the wonder race, with construction of the first level of their temple. Can this tiny alliance possibly catch PoC? Reasonable men say not a chance. But reasonable men have been wrong before.

DeletedUser14909

What's Zole got to do with it? I know this stems from him and the other Wolfpack players joining us but its perfectly possible that a player might not be around for a few days without being in VM.

By playing in to your hands, I meant a fight starting between two allies you've recently 'declared war on.' Otherwise I can assure you, previous posts or no, your stance has in no way influenced any decision PoC has made.

DeletedUser

mmm It would have been interesting if a tripod of balance had been achieve...between 3 alliances, holding 2, 3, and 2 wonders respectively. It was PoC's initial goal, and the most reasonable goal when ASC finished the Pyramids ahead of us. But it seems even the best laid plans run away.

DeletedUser345

Now PoC look to go on and collect 5 possibly 6 wonders does Ascension want to back it in and let us win please :p

DeletedUser

After reading all of this, I will say that DG is just telling the truth, sapphire does go for easy targets, but dont you all. The only difference is that if attacked sapphire will then ask everyone she knows for help instead of fighting them by herself, but isn't that what alliances are for. And for all of those not in her alliance that help her I guess they are just want to bees. Sapphire has very few skills in this game, she does have lots of friends though so its always a challenge to take her cities which the Spartan Kings did well enough until we disbanded due to the poor update. Just popped in to read and see the game has not changed, well its back to real life... have fun gamers.

DeletedUser

Hardkill i think you will find that most of the time Sapphire does not request support she has on a few occasions but so has everyone in the game. Most of the support she receives is from her friends who have a tripwire activated so they decide to help her she does not in anyway ask for all the support she recieves most of it is given to her because we want to see her thrive. You will not consider this of course because your blinded by a personal vendetta against her because she didnt accept your attempt to grab power while you were in Phalanx.

DeletedUser15637

hardkill i think you will find that most of the time sapphire does not request support she has on a few occasions but so has everyone in the game. Most of the support she receives is from her friends who have a tripwire activated so they decide to help her she does not in anyway ask for all the support she recieves most of it is given to her because we want to see her thrive. You will not consider this of course because your blinded by a personal vendetta against her because she didnt accept your attempt to grab power while you were in phalanx.

550+ transports and 2k+ bis sent after tripwires were broke...LMAO...3+ pages of attacks, killed thousands and response from the mighty one in 47.....NOTHING...just the same as when I have taken my last 5(Ascension) cities.... down there..Nothing from Saph, even when those cities have been on the same islands as hers...!

Leading by example eh????

DeletedUser

Those were my trans, because i love fast transports.

Have fun pretending your a big man DG, you with your 76 cities vs players with less than thirty, great job!

I'd prefer one on one, but you seem to not want that. I blocked most of your attacks there, decimated your land troop attacks....and now you whinge on forum thinking that i sent out a call for support? You have access to the forum of Ascension, why don't you look for yourself? Oh wait, i bet you have, and got frustrated because again i did not put up a thread specifically asking for support for my city.

Hi, my name is Sapphire. I have 62 cities, and I support myself.
*group replies with hellos*
So um....yeah. It all started with me being like everyone else, asking for support when i was under attack. And then when i retaliated i found all of DG's cities staked with biremes numbering in the thousands! So instead of wasting my LS on him, i used them to help our my alliance mates elsewhere. Now he's getting all annoyed because i refuse to attack him when he asks me to. I'm Sapphire Sorrows, and my city of Soqualias....is a turtle.

Thank you.

DeletedUser15637

Those were my trans, because i love fast transports.

Have fun pretending your a big man DG, you with your 76 cities vs players with less than thirty, great job!

I'd prefer one on one, but you seem to not want that. I blocked most of your attacks there, decimated your land troop attacks....and now you whinge on forum thinking that i sent out a call for support? You have access to the forum of Ascension, why don't you look for yourself? Oh wait, i bet you have, and got frustrated because again i did not put up a thread specifically asking for support for my city.

Hi, my name is Sapphire. I have 62 cities, and I support myself.
*group replies with hellos*
So um....yeah. It all started with me being like everyone else, asking for support when i was under attack. And then when i retaliated i found all of DG's cities staked with biremes numbering in the thousands! So instead of wasting my LS on him, i used them to help our my alliance mates elsewhere. Now he's getting all annoyed because i refuse to attack him when he asks me to. I'm Sapphire Sorrows, and my city of Soqualias....is a turtle.

Thank you.

Fun pretending I am the big one??? I do not follow that comment? Are you saying I should not attack an enemy because they have less towns than me?? Even in heavily enemy populated areas? What are you talking about?

You would prefer one on one but I seem not to want that - Really? What makes you say that? I have been attacking you and what have you sent me? And i do not mean just the last three days either....

Hmmmmmmmmm......Another true story...
"Hi, my name is Sapphire. I have 62 cities, and I support myself." - Sapphire Sorrows
"Most of the support she receives is from her friends who have a tripwire activated so they decide to help her" - Bloodraver4 (Friend/Team mate/Island co-habitator)

I must have missed in your previous post why you did absolutely NOTHING to prevent little old me taking FIVE Ascension cities in your ocean*, even those that shared the same island as you....baffling from a leader as such as yourself who cares sooooo much about her alliance and team mates?!?!?!?

DeletedUser14909

Yet for all your mouthing off DG it looks as though the competitive city takes are 2:1 in Sapph's favor (and those are one hell of a lot of uncontested you've gone for if you want to sell yourself as the big man). You're also looking to big yourself up for five takes from two very obvious sim players (one who's just under 1/2 your size, the other under 1/4).

Sapph certainly seems to be dealing with you just fine but be aware that your annoying arrogance on the externals means that I'll be coming your way once our Wonders are done. Given my previous experience I doubt you'll be holding on to too many cities once I'm in range.

DeletedUser15637

Yet for all your mouthing off DG it looks as though the competitive city takes are 2:1 in Sapph's favor (and those are one hell of a lot of uncontested you've gone for if you want to sell yourself as the big man). You're also looking to big yourself up for five takes from two very obvious sim players (one who's just under 1/2 your size, the other under 1/4).

Sapph certainly seems to be dealing with you just fine but be aware that your annoying arrogance on the externals means that I'll be coming your way once our Wonders are done. Given my previous experience I doubt you'll be holding on to too many cities once I'm in range.

Nobody is trying to sell anyone off as a big man...Don't know what you guys are on or where you have your little brainstorming sessions (and yes i do mean little). I am just pointing out that for all the talking she/he/it does there is very little action apart from hidng and building def units.

Yes I have taken five cities from Ascension with no reply..and call them sim players if you like...because that is what they are, all of them in O47 are. (Terrible grammar I know but hey!) I was just pointing out that someone who preaches they are there for the alliance and proud of the alliance and will do anything for the alliance really doesn't do anything!

Sapphire dealing with me, how? Hiding and doing what? Talking about she would prefer a one on one when this is the first I have ever heard about it...It's BS man, all talk, same as always.

And as for the rest mate, whoopee f'ing doo! I could not give a monkeys about you. If you did not already know, which I would be surprised if you did not, then I have already stated that I am quitting this game, so you can take all of my cities if you like, I really couldn't give a toss.

This game went downhill a long time ago and more fool me for trying to make it something a little more interesting...I was wrong. Simple as.

As for you getting involved when this(fopr the second time) when it really has nothing to do with you says it all and what this game has become. I wonder why you and yours are happy playing second fiddle...?

You toe the line and be a good little terrier, well done.

Happy hunting :)

DG

DeletedUser

*Cough*

Final reminder that profanities/masked profanities are NOT allowed on this forum. I will start infracting. :)

I'd suggest reading this thread, as well as the forum rules. :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser14909

Oh dear, now where to begin...

As for you getting involved when this(fopr the second time) when it really has nothing to do with you

If you don't want other people's input don't post on the externals, it's kind of what they're there for. If you don't want to look daft then don't post stuff that can easily be refuted with a bit of a look at the stats.

...I have already stated that I am quitting this game, so you can take all of my cities if you like, I really couldn't give a toss.

Haven't we all. I gave up being properly active about 9-10 months ago when the original bowzer left first time round and i lost all competition for the number 1 attacker spot. Yet here we both are, still in the game and given you're posting trash talk in the externals it obviously still means something to you.

...more fool me for trying to make it something a little more interesting.

Is that not what having an active player to fight and a bit of PnP all about?

I wonder why you and yours are happy playing second fiddle...?

Second fiddle? Last time I looked we're about to win the world, beating much larger alliances (in both points and membership) and having out survived pretty much all other major alliances in the history of Beta.

Nobody is trying to sell anyone off as a big man...

That's all your posts are, about how superior you see yourself to Saphh.

Sapphire dealing with me, how?

For all your prolonged 'chat' you've taken 1 city. Doesn't look like you're causing too much trouble does it.

I am just pointing out that for all the talking she/he/it does there is very little action apart from hidng and building def units.

And yet, even though you are about 30% bigger player, she has taken more of your cities than you have of hers.

And as for the rest mate, whoopee f'ing doo! I could not give a monkeys about you...you can take all of my cities if you like, I really couldn't give a toss.

Ah, the last resort of someone who has no argument. Lets dismiss what the opposition say and pretend i'm not bothered despite being the one to start the debate.

Anyway DG, hope you hang around long enough to make it a bit of fun but it'll take me a bit of time to get within range.