World Wonders

DeletedUser12324

So over the last few months i have been keeping an eye on when the age of wonders will come for Pi and it's gone from about 9 months to 1 month in the space of 2 months or so, surely the requirements for the age of wonders should stay the same and should not be made to go faster and faster each month.

This now means that we get alot less game time than alot of the other worlds have had, not to mention we also get less time in the first place because alliances can grow faster as it's the fastest world around. (we picked speed 3 for a fast game play not a fast end-game!).

I know grepolis wants to close down these old worlds as soon as possible and keep opening new ones to keep that old pot of gold going but i do find this to be very unfair.

Even with this new scheme where it now goes down to the last 600 or so players of a world it seems many of the first worlds are already close to that number, again not made easier by the fact registration has been closed to them.....

So can a moderator of a senior position get back to this thread and post a reply that isn't of the automated sheet and tell me:

1. Why the age of wonders gets faster and faster to come making less and less time on newer worlds. (top players on epsilon got well over 200 cities on a speed 2 world while players on Pi are on just over a hundred cities).
2. Why the averages aren't different for different speed worlds as it makes it unfair on higher speed worlds.
3. Why (last time i checked) registration to older worlds is closed.
4. Why there is an obsession with opening new worlds when there are already plenty of good old ones to go around! I've joined old worlds late into their life and still managed fine.

Now we all know that i'm not the best player around but i'm sure everyone will agree with me that no-one wants to lose an empire that they've been working on for a year or two years in some cases. Rather than breathing new life into old worlds you have just opened up new worlds with the same old settings + or - morale or alliance numbers....

DeletedUser

opening a server every 15 days is totally wrong for me...makes the server die before it even begins as many players jump from server to server and make things too boring when conquering ghosts and inactives...that is an issue that needs fix imo...
maybe a server per 30-40 days would help a lot more..

DeletedUser

The WW requirements have always been like this and if you truly prepared for them you would know this. The age of the World Wonders will if the world is 6 months old and the top 50 alliances have a total of 250 million point. This amount decreases by 13 million every month after the initial 6 months. This has been known for quite a while now.

The reason is not to close down older world as soon as possible, because worlds don't even close when an alliance 'wins' by building 4 world wonders. Worlds close when there are less than 300 active players (active is logging in once a month) and when this point is reached the world can't be fun anymore anyways. It's likely so that the hero worlds will fill up at a decent rate.
Also, Pi is not closed for new players.

A new world is opened if the one before is filled. I'm sure you know that joining an old world is no fun a you'll be spawned next too 100k points+ people. The fact that worlds die out so soon isn't to blame on Inno but on the mentality of the majority of the players who join the new worlds.

DeletedUser4013

So can a moderator of a senior position get back to this thread and post a reply that isn't of the automated sheet and tell me:

1. Why the age of wonders gets faster and faster to come making less and less time on newer worlds. (top players on epsilon got well over 200 cities on a speed 2 world while players on Pi are on just over a hundred cities).
2. Why the averages aren't different for different speed worlds as it makes it unfair on higher speed worlds.
3. Why (last time i checked) registration to older worlds is closed.
4. Why there is an obsession with opening new worlds when there are already plenty of good old ones to go around! I've joined old worlds late into their life and still managed fine.

1. The reason why it may seem like the newer worlds have less time to prepare for the Age of Wonders than the older worlds has to do with both the speed of the world, and the age of the world. Obviously a world such as Pi will have less time than Gamma, but then, Athens will have less time as well. The older worlds which were in existence when the Wonders started had the benefit of those 2 or so years to build up their empires.

2. How is it is unfair for a world with a higher speed? Is it because you can complete the Wonders quicker?

3. Because it was decided that players should not be able to join a world where the Wonders are already being built and gain access to the Hero Worlds for having joined an alliance as they completed the 4th Wonder.

4. Because that is what InnoGames has decided to do in order to provide variety for players. Also, there is the demand for it.

DeletedUser12324

The WW requirements have always been like this and if you truly prepared for them you would know this. The age of the World Wonders will if the world is 6 months old and the top 50 alliances have a total of 250 million point. This amount decreases by 13 million every month after the initial 6 months. This has been known for quite a while now.

The reason is not to close down older world as soon as possible, because worlds don't even close when an alliance 'wins' by building 4 world wonders. Worlds close when there are less than 300 active players (active is logging in once a month) and when this point is reached the world can't be fun anymore anyways. It's likely so that the hero worlds will fill up at a decent rate.
Also, Pi is not closed for new players.

A new world is opened if the one before is filled. I'm sure you know that joining an old world is no fun a you'll be spawned next too 100k points+ people. The fact that worlds die out so soon isn't to blame on Inno but on the mentality of the majority of the players who join the new worlds.

I understand the information has been out for some time, what i don't understand why is there even a point to having an estimated time for the arrival of the age of the wonders when as i said previously it changed so dramatically, shouldn't the estimate atleast be reasonably accurate taking the whole decreasing the requirements by 13million each month into account? It's gone from starting near xmas to starting when i come back from camp america to starting asap. Something which is very mis-leading.

I know worlds don't close due to wonders but wonders do close registration for worlds and does make players leave, for example every player on Pi now knows that there is only one alliance that can possibly win so whats the point in even playing?

Actually i joined Sigma a little while ago and started up near some pretty big players but i grew, joined a decent alliance and had fun for quite some time, this also happened on Epsilon when i was brand new to the game.

DeletedUser12324

1. The reason why it may seem like the newer worlds have less time to prepare for the Age of Wonders than the older worlds has to do with both the speed of the world, and the age of the world. Obviously a world such as Pi will have less time than Gamma, but then, Athens will have less time as well. The older worlds which were in existence when the Wonders started had the benefit of those 2 or so years to build up their empires.

I understand the whole thing where worlds like gamma have been around longer and were around before world wonders were even thought of but i still find it unfair. Yes Athens will also have less time than gamma etc but it will still have more time than Pi due to the fact that it's a slower game speed, as said earlier we joined Pi for fast gameplay not a fast end-game.

2. How is it is unfair for a world with a higher speed? Is it because you can complete the Wonders quicker?

As said previously faster gameplay = faster city gains = higher alliance averages faster.

3. Because it was decided that players should not be able to join a world where the Wonders are already being built and gain access to the Hero Worlds for having joined an alliance as they completed the 4th Wonder.

mmmmmm fair point to some degree but it's still leaving older worlds just out there to die. We would have played tribal wars if we wanted worlds to open and close so fast.

4. Because that is what InnoGames has decided to do in order to provide variety for players. Also, there is the demand for it.

Again this goes back to some of my other points, fair enough opening new worlds due to demand but make old ones accessible too and also make different settings for these new worlds other than just the minor details, for example why hasn't a speed 3.5/4/5 world come out yet? Apart from test worlds that is, there are many worlds with near duplicate settings.

Anyways the reason i've said something now is because i wanted to wait and see and see exactly how the end world effects came into motion etc and give it a good think through. This isn't any kind of sad petition or a silly rant just food for thought and the opinions of a long term grepolis player. I just hope what i've said is atleast given a read through by the decision makers at inno, i know most of the staff actually on grepolis are volunteers.

DeletedUser

The reason that there aren't any >3 speed worlds is because of the load on the servers would be too much AFAIK.

DeletedUser12324

AFAIK? anyways surely one or two couldn't hurt?

DeletedUser

No, the world will not reset nor close. It will just keep on going until there are less then 300 active players. (active meaning logging in once a month)

DeletedUser24139

I must say tactics are as much part of this game as anything else, but I have to say this for all to hear.

GGW is a joke and eddy.mad their leader thinks he is a legend of the game....his own words btw and even changed a city name of his to say so, but I am sure he will change it after reading this. Sad thing is that he and his drones think they are something special because they are taking 1k cities off of me that I purposely placed/founded in their WW islands, lol

Funny and ironic actually, who really is going to found 6 cities with support 10 hrs out and think they practically or feasibly can defend it? I am just raking in BP, they lose troops and spend resources on rebuilding rather than the WW's - I love it

Not only this, but I am founding another 10 up in their area just to keep messing with them....come get me guys, please :)

TEIN has all 7 WW's already on lvl 2.....

Sometimes losing for the greater cause and larger picture is actually winning. Did you ever think of that eddy? I played you like a fiddle and you fell right into my hands, lmao

You think because I am letting you all take cities that are 10hrs out from my core means I am weak, think again. You however have showed me nothing except that you are not the leader you think you are and I am glad I left GGW when I did. Good luck with the WW's cause you'll need it.

Hail TEIN!!! WW & World Pi winners.

Last edited by a moderator: