World Wonders

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
How long is it till world wonders here what six months is it, i was just wondering how its going to work here only one alliance here can win it and that's 40 members in the alliance so whats the rest of them that have sister alliances supposed to do, look at the alliances TOTL and anonymous don't they have 3 or 4 sister alliances, whats those other 100 members supposed to do, there not going to get asked to send resources to the wonder in an alliance that there not in and help those guys instead of themselves seems pointless them being here, am i the only on that sees the flaw here or are they all going to go there separate ways and build there own wonders....

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Most alliances usually just shuffle there members around between the parent alliance and the sister alliances, just so everyone can get the crown.

Quite sad really...

DeletedUser28898

Most alliances usually just shuffle there members around between the parent alliance and the sister alliances, just so everyone can get the crown.

Quite sad really...

Some players aren't interested in whether or not they're in that 40 at the end. They're satisfied knowing what they helped achieve. I think that applies to a number of players that have already won worlds. We don't need the validation of actually being in the main 40.

DeletedUser28898

Wonders are for simmers.

That's what all the one dimensional players say. If you're really good, PROVE you can be part of a team and do both. Don't just show me you can spend a lot of money on gold and blow things up. Anyone can do that. A player that can only fight but not build wonders is no better than the player that sims and doesn't fight.

The BEST players are the ones that can work as a TEAM to achieve a goal. At times it takes fighting. At times it takes building. During wonders it also takes strategy, organization and teamwork. Show me you can do all of it. That's the group that deserves to win.

And at that point, j.n.c.93, if those players in the sister alliances have shipped resources to build seven wonders and get a crown, then they darn well deserve to be rotated in and out to get a crown.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Just like Kadjayunicorn, we're both old school veterans. There never used to be WW's in Grepo several years back, not just that but the worlds used to be so much more competitive + they were a lot more filled up.

I think we both know how to play in a team since both me and Kad have led successful alliances in the past. To question that is ignorant. The majority of older players dislike the wonders but still play to compete.

As for what you said to me, I was just saying that it's quite sad that Grepo has been reduced to so many alliances becoming branches instead of fighting it out to show who's the Alpha dog. That is my opinion, and I'm sure many who have played since the 1.26 version will not disagree.

DeletedUser

J.N.C. and Kadja , i have read 100 times especially kadja speaking that he was a leader of successful alliance.Ok cool , thats not a very big thing . i have also played from en1 server alpha like you guys . No offense but if you dont like grepolis now , then why are you all here (even on the forums),Go play tribal wars or someother inno game !! This makes sense else saying again and again we dont like ww .
:pro::pro:

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Please don't reply to me if you haven't read what I said properly...

I said "we still play to compete" basically meaning we play for the competition to fight, not to sim. By the time the WW era has come about on a world, personally I usually just leave as the world becomes dead.

Grepolis is a war game don't forget. :pro:

DeletedUser28898

Just like Kadjayunicorn, we're both old school veterans. There never used to be WW's in Grepo several years back, not just that but the worlds used to be so much more competitive + they were a lot more filled up.

I think we both know how to play in a team since both me and Kad have led successful alliances in the past. To question that is ignorant. The majority of older players dislike the wonders but still play to compete.

As for what you said to me, I was just saying that it's quite sad that Grepo has been reduced to so many alliances becoming branches instead of fighting it out to show who's the Alpha dog. That is my opinion, and I'm sure many who have played since the 1.26 version will not disagree.

I don't disagree with you completely. Then again, if you really want to fight it out to show who's the Alpha dog, create a world where every player has the administrators and there's no gold.

Until you do that, its all meaningless. All you see right now is who has the most money to buy the most gold, so he can melt down troops as fast as possible, rebuild as fast as possible, etc. GOLD, so he can spin the Advent Wheel 100 times to get all the extra goodies. GOLD, so he can get extra troops in the Thracian Conquest and build up cities full of harpies and minotaurs .

Is it really "competition", if you're taking on a non gold-using player? If you hammer him enough with enough LS and troops, eventually he can't rebuild as fast as the gold burner, and loses his city. That's not skill, that's buying a crown.

And I've won wonders twice, so I know what it takes as well.

As for not liking all the branches of alliances in a small cap world, isn't it just a strategy like anything else? Innogames added the wonders, so that's the end game. Players that don't like it shouldn't just waste their time ruining other players' fun.

As someone once said, never forget there's another human being on the other side of those battles. To spend good money just so you can mess with other people's fun is kind of twisted, to be honest.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
So the conversation has gone from WW's to gold...

Right I'll keep this short. There never used to be that many gold advantages when Grepo started. Sure you had the premium administrators but that was all you can do, you couldn't shorten building time or troop recruitment time or anything else for that matter. Those were the days when Grepolis was the most competitive. Don't you think I am disagreeing with you because I'm not, I don't agree with all the gold advantages there is today but that's how Inno make there money.

You've won wonders twice, congratulations on your dedication to building such monuments... But as I said before I agree with Kadjayunicorn, the world pretty much turns into a bore by then anyway.

DeletedUser28898

I realize you're not disagreeing with me. I understand its all about money. But back to building wonders. Think about it as comparing checkers to chess. Chess is strategic at an entirely different level than checkers. Its why the more cerebral types play chess. And that's how I see the big picture of Grepolis.

If all you can do is sim, but not also have a strategy for your alliance to grow, conquer and expand in preparation for wonders, then you're not a complete player. And if all you can do is attack and blow people up, but you can't prepare a good strategy for building wonders at the end, then you're also not a complete player.

The game has obviously morphed into something completely different than it was back in the early days. Heck, its a lot different than the first worlds I played in. Heroes, harpy nukes everywhere, instant slinger nukes, spells that can take out troops in a city as well as buildings. Spells that can instantly fill a city with troops to snipe a CS. That's not the game I started playing 3 years ago.

So maybe, they need to create more TYPES of worlds, AND more importantly, be more specific about what type of world it is, so that a first time player would better understand the different settings and could choose one that fits his lifestyle.

You already have a world with no conquest (Hyperborea) and worlds with and without morale, but what about a world with no heroes, or a world with no Wonders? Maybe a world with no events. A player could select the options he was looking for, and get placed in a proper world, instead of where he doesn't fit. Think about the poor noob that gets stuck in a speed 4 world, not realizing exactly what's happening.

DeletedUser28898

And here's a parting thought about Wonders, multiple alliances and strategy. You know a multiple alliance group such as TOTL can only build one set of Wonders, even though we're three alliances. But, is anyone REALLY sure which of the three is going to build them? I'll leave you with that thought.

DeletedUser47479

And here's a parting thought about Wonders, multiple alliances and strategy. You know a multiple alliance group such as TOTL can only build one set of Wonders, even though we're three alliances. But, is anyone REALLY sure which of the three is going to build them? I'll leave you with that thought.

We know which alliance is building the wonders. Isn't it obvious? You act like we're all clueless idiots.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
As you want me to reply...
I got two things to say to ya,

First of all merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Secondly, years Ago, on world Eta, we all made a deal about WW's. I would link it to you all but I'll explain instead;

Before the WW's on Eta, was in a state of war between the top 3 alliances (one which I personally and I left... The founded until the founders personally betrayed every other alliance) and you know what we did when we first heard of the wonders getting implemented? Every Alliance leader of the top 7, made a deal to build one Wonder) only and to fight the rest of the world out until it comes to the finishing stages of of the world which is less then 300 people. They obliged to fight it out to the top... I promise you all that.

Please I care about Grepolis. Do what we done back on EN7 Eta and I promise you, you will see a lot more action and the world more competitive. Make your world more competitive, don't just sim for the crown, fight for it!

DeletedUser47479

Secondly, years Ago, on world Eta, we all made a deal about WW's. I would link it to you all but I'll explain instead;

Before the WW's on Eta, was in a state of war between the top 3 alliances (one which I personally and I left... The founded until the founders personally betrayed every other alliance) and you know what we did when we first heard of the wonders getting implemented? Every Alliance leader of the top 7, made a deal to build one Wonder) only and to fight the rest of the world out until it comes to the finishing stages of of the world which is less then 300 people. They obliged to fight it out to the top... I promise you all that.

Please I care about Grepolis. Do what we done back on EN7 Eta and I promise you, you will see a lot more action and the world more competitive. Make your world more competitive, don't just sim for the crown, fight for it!

Roberto wanna do this?

DeletedUser37733

Why is this something that can't be implemented as an 'END GAME' scenario? Or maybe once a world gets to be old enough there is an option for domination or WW era? My idea is that when the WW stage is reached there is a possible option for the winning alliance to control the majority of the world (DOMINATION=51%) as an alternate end game that can be decided at the beginning or when the stage is reached. I am available for messaging on this as well.

As for the current structure... The game is about RESOURCES. Who has the most of them and who knows how to use them the best. You can accelerate anything you like, but resources and cities are the biggest advantage that you can have. WW is the ULTIMATE competition for resources, and I think (but don't know for sure) that that is why they were implemented as the end game scenario.

I do agree that it is kinda Rubbish that those who use gold have distinct advantages during the special events (ie xmas, easter, thracian), but that is how inno can make money and they will because it is a business.

DeletedUser28898

J.n.c. 93, can you answer a specific question for me pertaining to Olynthus, so we don't have the same mixup that we had with the start of peacetime? Innogames says that peacetime ends at 23:00 server time on 26 Dec. We all know that the points have already been reached so Wonders will start at that time.

My question is, how does 23:00 "server time" equate to our individual alliance time zones? Meaning, is "official server time" UTC, UTC+1, UTC+2? Obviously, if its UTC+2 and an alliance is on UTC+1, then for that alliance Peacetime ends at 22:00. Or if official is UTC+2 and an alliance is UTC+1, then it wouldn't end until 00:00:00 on 27 Dec for their players.

Can you clarify this?

DeletedUser35069

If you hover your mouse over the clock on the left it shows servertime no matter what timezone you use.

DeletedUser28898

If you hover your mouse over the clock on the left it shows servertime no matter what timezone you use.

You know, I knew that in the past and forgot about it. Sorry, just my mind all mushed up from trying to explain things to McNugget up there. Thanks for that. :)