Proposal Worlds without gold

DeletedUser56370

Proposal:
Basically I think there should be worlds where you can't use gold coins to gain an advantage in the game.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have checked, haven't noticed anything similar.

Reason:
-There are a lot of kids playing, who don't work and don't have their own money and can get trampled pretty quickly by paying players and that can ruin the game experience.
-Some of those who do work, can't afford to spend too much money if any on gold because of real life problems (bills, loans, various other financial problems), but would like to get the best experience out of grepolis because we like playing it. I myself am a student and although I do work parttime during the weekends, I use most of my paycheck to help pay the bills at home, otherwise I would gladly pay for some gold to be able to compete against other players who use gold and of course, to support the developers beceause I love this game.

Details:
Just a regular world, same mechanics, but without the option to use gold.

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
I don't see any balance problems with this idea.

Abuse Prevention:
Since it won't change any other game mechanics, I don't think anyone can abuse this.

Summary:
-I understand that one reason why some wouldn't want this idea is because through buying gold we support the developers, but I don't think this will cause an issue because there will still be a lot of worlds where you can use gold and those who are able to afford paying for it will still join those worlds.
-There is also the fact, as was explained to me by a moderator, that if you are active enough to farm every 5 minutes and attack the bandits regularly etc., you will still be at an advantage, but of course many of us don't have the luxury to be constantly logged in and watching our cities.

DeletedUser56207

Already loads of threads on this, fx. https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/gold-free-worlds.60464/#post-1046663

The answer is no, it wont happen.

since game turned to pay to win, they have no interest in releasing a world without gold usage/abuse, only way i see them doing anything like what @SpeedyGonzales is asking is if that particular world is based on monthly money subscription to be apart of, if it was idk.. 10 euros a month with all advisors and all inventory slots unlocked for everyone that pays it that would be somewhat interesting and doable profits wise , but asking for a world without gold usage has no chance at all.

DeletedUser56281

Yh I think the problem with your idea is that is that it will be too popular, all the top players will join that server meaning less income for Inno

Also I feel there will be a need for gold buyers to prove themselves on the subscription servers so you will see them there too so even less income for Inno. I think that it is impossible to change the mentality of some players.

There will always be people willing to spend a lot of money and the people that get destroyed in a war and blame it on their enemies abusing gold when they are just **** themselves.

DeletedUser44588

well i am going to be blunt here innos new gold market system is the worst thing they ever did to put it bluntly it is crap plaYErs who need gold get nothing compared to how it used to be and players n
buying resources are in the same way not getting whaT THEY USE TO GET FOR THE COST TO ME IT IS A TOTSL MONEY GRAB FROM INNO GAMES SCREWING US MORE THAN WHAT THEY USED TO

DeletedUser53578

I like the idea, but the worth of Advisors still leave the question for what the worth of gold really is in this game and that option would be limited or non-existent when of anything should be the unquestionable place to exist.

The only way a profit-margain game otherwise based on the difference would go for such, is if the world was only offered to those who had spent gold before.

There would be no other gain but play and only those in on some deep values would probably take up the difference, even leaving the worth of what they spend not worth still the cost to do.

Only thing could gain is the worth of still spending money elsewhere because they are still somewhere to do it, does not provide a sound economic interest of growth just because there is still an expense.

DeletedUser48718

The only way i could see them scrapping or reducing the worth of gold would be to add adverts to the game. I would be fine with that providing they're the banner adds and not the video ones just because it levels it out a bit which might encourage more players to come back or even attract new players.

Achileus85

Phrourach
Well "I can not afford it" is not actually a valid reason - in this game you always can get enough gold by trading res in some new worlds.