WorldWonder Talk

Ranga1

Strategos
its my other account has all the crowns.. :p

Think it all depends why you play grepo, me, im not really that interested in having a crown or not.. besides, weve all seen plenty of really bad players with crowns, and weve also all seen some really great players without crowns

as for WW, i think a lot of people agree it sucks.. and most would support no alliance changes or recruiting once WW had started. (not only swapping players in and out but this would also make it risky for alliances trying to delay putting out players who were on ww islands).

For once i agree with everything you just said.

What about keeping the building of WW process but to get the crown or win the world you must take an enemy WW either completed one or one building? Probably not ideal as an alliance would just sim up on defense, wait for other team to get bored and steal a ghost or inactive. But at least it means you have to fight your way to victory, it gives simmers and fighters something to do

DeletedUser38465

Some good ideas put out Erik.

I have to agree, I think some new idea should be approached. I like fighting as much as the next guy, but I do not blame the creators for designing this endgame. Either way, the design could be altered or changed completely I would be ok with whatever.

DeletedUser42857

The trouble with the endgame as it is..

There are some players who just love the fighting aspect, their interest is purely in attacking (or defending), taking cities, moving from ocean to ocean, but they are penalised with the current endgame which really does reward simming, at least as far as just building cities close to WW, building resources high, markets, merchant shop etc.

But its very hard to convince those attacking players to colonise around WW, they want to move to the next ocean, then the one after that, which is why Ryan, Tant, myself and others have found ourselves miles way from WW islands.

BUt a proper engame cant totally reward attacks (or defenders), it also has to reward people who prefer to build, or people who prefer to colonise around WW points.

In some ways the Persian conquest would be a semi fix, randomly appearing cities so conquering oceans and colonising would be important, as would attacking..

That said, taking 7 persian conquest cities would be one hell of a task.

DeletedUser42857

On a side note, its nice to see the trash talk drop off for the endgame.

I know weve all ed and snarled at each other for the year, but in the end, everyone has put a year into the game, lasted this long, through pacts, wars, merges, splits.. everyone that got this far deserves some respect.. there are huge numbers that never made it this far.

DeletedUser

this is my first time doing a WW competition and i must say it is sooooooo boring. I don't think i'll bother with building these things again in the future.

What about some sort of capture the "flag scenario" type scenario? When alliances have to conquer certain islands from on another in order to win. These islands only have 5 or so slots. This way alliances will have to defend their front-lines to prevent invasion to their home oceans and the loss of their "home islands". Also no crowns for anyone who doesn't win the endgame scenario. Crowns only for those who win

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Worldwonders would be better of with the changes i proposed, but WW aren't the real killer, its the many options for the losers to walk away from a losers server (many times u lose but who knows what could have happened if you staid) i did it in Ithaca.
Many options are the hughe numbers of new servers on a short period. people bla bla saying WW arent that inportant but from the moment people 90%? who see no way out to win leave the server. Rho had still 14k players when we were building WW overhere it says 900.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
I saw some idea about catch the flag, so perhaps....add 1 xtra reward.

Victor = 4 WW
Golden Crown = 7WW
Anoher reward = Keep 7WW for 2 months.

when you lose a ww city in 2 months ww LEVELS go back to level 9 or 8 lol.

this wil result in : when 1 team build 7ww the others has a month time to change their deff troops in off troops, not only the other runner up but in theory aswell the nr 2 and 3 and 4 alliance to break open a WW city.

At last it wil end a server with a blast!

urlier changes would however still be inportant.

DeletedUser42857

Another idea.. dont have every island be a wonder site..

start the world with no world wonder sites at all.

then each 10 million points a wonder spot appears randomly somewhere in the world, and continues to do so throughout the world...

Eubea would thefore have about 20 world wonder sites created throughout its life.. that could be adjusted of course, a wonder site appears every 5 million, giving 40 potential ww sites come WW phase.

That way, alliances would have to fight for control of the limited amount of wonder sites from the very beginning of the game and all through the game.

So the attackers and defenders would have a job to do securing the few wonder sites that there are, the simmers would be able to focus on colonising around WW sites.

Would create more wars during the server.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am starting to like dumbspace:d
that definitely is superior to current settings.
Offers more challenge and fun.

DeletedUser42857

|still be the same endgame, but make the run up more fun..

imagine a wonder spot appears after six months right on the border of two alliances where they each have 8 or 9 cities on the island.. would be a mega fight over that island.

DeletedUser

Still don't like the idea of building stuff to end the game as this is esentially a wargame not a building game... I once propsed an idea to revamp the endgame to a sort of alliance quest or alliance milestone thing where You need to complete certain tasks set for the alliance in order to win. Similar to tutorial quests but meant for alliances and difficulty level would be appropriate for endgame. Possible tasks would include conquering a certain amount of cities, killing a certain amount of troops, getting domination in a certain set of oceans and completely holding a certain number of islands. One can also include the current wonder system partly into it, such as build a wonder or several of them. The quests could either be unlocked one after the other or all be availible at once and the alliance would need to choose to order of completing them.
It's just a raw idea with several flaws but that's the kind of concept I'd like to see as endgame. Would incorporate all the dynamics of the game and be tons more interesting than just shipping resources somewhere or blindly sending in troops to a static city.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Still don't like the idea of building stuff to end the game as this is esentially a wargame not a building game... I once propsed an idea to revamp the endgame to a sort of alliance quest or alliance milestone thing where You need to complete certain tasks set for the alliance in order to win. Similar to tutorial quests but meant for alliances and difficulty level would be appropriate for endgame. Possible tasks would include conquering a certain amount of cities, killing a certain amount of troops, getting domination in a certain set of oceans and completely holding a certain number of islands. One can also include the current wonder system partly into it, such as build a wonder or several of them. The quests could either be unlocked one after the other or all be availible at once and the alliance would need to choose to order of completing them.
It's just a raw idea with several flaws but that's the kind of concept I'd like to see as endgame. Would incorporate all the dynamics of the game and be tons more interesting than just shipping resources somewhere or blindly sending in troops to a static city.

this is not a war game, its a buuilding game and build faster than others makes u win.
simmers build cities.
"fighters" build troops.
Fast troopbuilders wins vs slow troopbuilders.

Dimspace has a point if random luck wont be the key element in endgame.

DeletedUser

this is not a war game, its a buuilding game and build faster than others makes u win.
simmers build cities.
"fighters" build troops.
Fast troopbuilders wins vs slow troopbuilders.

Dimspace has a point if random luck wont be the key element in endgame.
I could very well say that this a game of economy, You have to produce goods and ship them to other cities in order to win. As those who produce and trade goods the fastest have the most resources to build troops to kill others....
Effectively it is a WAR game, you need to kill in order to win... the rest is just supporting action.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
I could very well say that this a game of economy, You have to produce goods and ship them to other cities in order to win. As those who produce and trade goods the fastest have the most resources to build troops to kill others....
Effectively it is a WAR game, you need to kill in order to win... the rest is just supporting action.

fighting for a city takes me 12h war.
get ready for it takes me a week of building.

DeletedUser

fighting for a city takes me 12h war.
get ready for it takes me a week of building.

How noobish, if you fight pathetically for that 12hrs,you waste your building for a week,where as if you slack and build it for 2weeks still you know how to fight for 12hrs,you win the city.So its essentially a war game.

Being on topic:- if an alliance is caught of using a spy/admitting to should be stripped of crowns(or golden scepture or whatever) and given a maybe a smelling socks as reward,leaders should get a cheater batch.:D

DeletedUser

How noobish, if you fight pathetically for that 12hrs,you waste your building for a week,where as if you slack and build it for 2weeks still you know how to fight for 12hrs,you win the city.So its essentially a war game.

Being on topic:- if an alliance is caught of using a spy/admitting to should be stripped of crowns(or golden scepture or whatever) and given a maybe a smelling socks as reward,leaders should get a cheater batch.:D
It's called military intelligence and has been used since ancient times... part of the game..