WorldWonder Talk

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Eubea has began with WW.

Maybe a good place to discus about WW?

I suggest discussing what can be done to make WW much much better (yes there are other rooms forums to improof the game) but i dont care to discuss with people i dont know, better with friends and enemies who i played with over a year.
Also perhaps maybe some brave people wil try a WWBust we can talk about this aswell overhere in future days/weeks?

Some Inprovements what should be made.

WW*Busts are nice but nearly inpossible to achieve , this is why every alliance stay passief and what should be the grand finale all the sudden it becomes sometime totally boring. Change it into something dynamic!

* Revolt a city on a WW*Island : from 1st red revolt minute until last minute no resourses can be dropped in that WW.

* Ones WW opens alliances cannot anymore invite new members - they only can kick members. Reason for this is perhaps its harder to get academies and make it more of a challenge, also this ends the madness of rotations. Makes it also a challenge for others to get a 2nd losers crown.

* When a WW.Bust happens succesfully the alliance who got busted should have the option to replace the WW on another back up WW island, lets say if the WW is busted at a level 8 u can replace it on other island and level wil be 4?

Please insults exclusive at top 12 alliance page if possible? If not bring it on haaha lol...

DeletedUser

Hmm, I would quite like to discuss how the hell you managed to get a WW started on an island with 1 city on it. I mean ?? How did that happen?

And lets be clear, I am not accusing you or your alliance of anything dodgy with that, it's legitimate within the game, you've done nothing wrong. (although I would quite like to get my hands on the dev that did that particular bit of coding. :D )

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Hmm, I would quite like to discuss how the hell you managed to get a WW started on an island with 1 city on it. I mean ?? How did that happen?

And lets be clear, I am not accusing you or your alliance of anything dodgy with that, it's legitimate within the game, you've done nothing wrong. (although I would quite like to get my hands on the dev that did that particular bit of coding. :D )

players entering worlds are dropped randomly (mostly at the rim oceans) sometimes on empty islands.
However if you have a next door island with no cities, only next door neighbours see city invitation links.
So u also can invite a friend from or a team*mate from another alliance to accept the link and after protection mode u take it over.
When WW opens the invitation links on that WW island are closed because no new players can get invited in the world.
In theory u can do it with 7 islands and destroy endgame completely doing so as the biggest alliance , we could do it we have 8 of these but thought to keep it a little scary for ourselfs to. lol.

I didnt came with this idea, old enemies used this against me, (we won but could not do a ww city takeover).

DeletedUser

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation, I understand now.

Yeah, have to admit, when I saw it the first thing that went through my head was "how the hell does somebody bust that?" nice trick. :)

DeletedUser

Ezy,the devil which activated the site is me,lol

it appears gunny did not bother to teach you anything???
Since he was in Myonia too;)
yes,we had plenty of such sites and could have screwed the game going nuts on offense,lol
but where is the beauty and emotions then?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now now Tea, no swipes at Ash, even small ones, it'll escalate and get out of control.

Erik wants no insults traded and because he said so very nicely I'll make sure everybody on this side respects that. ;)

On another subject, nice to see the fishes going for it in the WW race, we assumed they were going to throw in with you guys so it's a pleasant surprise. Even if they don't get a single WW gotta respect the fact they did that with the troubles they've had over the last few weeks, with people trying to mess them up from within. Good luck to all on the fishy side. ;)

EDIT

I'll happily keep trading insults with you in the top 12 thread though. :p:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

The single city on an island thing was discussed in skype about six months ago, we had a feeling HERT may do that for at least one. Pretty valid tactic, once WW starts nobody can colonise there and its much easier to defend one city than 20. Of course there are downsides. I think Ash brought it up having experienced it previously.

but not really a surprise.

Some Inprovements what should be made.

WW*Busts are nice but nearly inpossible to achieve , this is why every alliance stay passief and what should be the grand finale all the sudden it becomes sometime totally boring. Change it into something dynamic!

* Revolt a city on a WW*Island : from 1st red revolt minute until last minute no resourses can be dropped in that WW.

* Ones WW opens alliances cannot anymore invite new members - they only can kick members. Reason for this is perhaps its harder to get academies and make it more of a challenge, also this ends the madness of rotations. Makes it also a challenge for others to get a 2nd losers crown.

* When a WW.Bust happens succesfully the alliance who got busted should have the option to replace the WW on another back up WW island, lets say if the WW is busted at a level 8 u can replace it on other island and level wil be 4?

Please insults exclusive at top 12 alliance page if possible? If not bring it on haaha lol...

Well, by all accounts Wonders are going to be scrapped and a new revamped endgame brought in by Inno.. Although if persian conquest was the basis then that makes the game even more flawed favouring alliances with multiple academies who can work together to crack supercities. but anyway...

On point 1, the revolt freezing resources... not a bad idea, but part of revolt worlds is defending the red, as opposed to just preventing the revolt.. I would feel for the player who suddenly got taken to hospital, got revolted in his absense, and cost his alliance the world... that would be harsh..

point 2.. totally agree, should be no recruiting once WW starts.

DeletedUser

Erik,

I like your ideas. Especially #1 and 2. Anything that can promote aggressive play and make academies less helpful is always good.

DeletedUser

Who cares about this chit-chat, who is leading the race?

DeletedUser

Who cares about this chit-chat, who is leading the race?

HERT have got the edge for the moment level 3 on all wonder's , we're 2nd still got level 3 to get on 2 wonders, Fishes are 3rd with the pyramid on 3 everything else probably going to hit 3 in the next hour or 2.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
I try to be nice and this is what I get.

Better than nothing lol,

Seems not many people to have idea's to make things better, here another 1.

Winning 1 world = golden crown
winning another 1 a golden scepter lol
and another , add a diamant on the crown etc etc etc....

I hope they have enough extra's to serve my needs lol (if thy would do it?)

DeletedUser46251

Lets keep this thread clean guys, keep all the trash talk for the top 12 thread :D

DeletedUser42857

Wouldnt need a suitcase to hold all Dim's :D

its my other account has all the crowns.. :p

Think it all depends why you play grepo, me, im not really that interested in having a crown or not.. besides, weve all seen plenty of really bad players with crowns, and weve also all seen some really great players without crowns

as for WW, i think a lot of people agree it sucks.. and most would support no alliance changes or recruiting once WW had started. (not only swapping players in and out but this would also make it risky for alliances trying to delay putting out players who were on ww islands).

DeletedUser

True all you said but unfortunately it is very difficult to find a formula which give a satisfactory solution for all aspects.
It is usually fighters(this leaves me out :eek::eek:) who are noisy,but reality is without simmers fighters will die.
I have thought a lot how to improve the evaluation system and send a proposal to Cops(who in turn would contact Inno) but try as you might very difficult to propose a solution which has no shadows:(
Abp? Easy to manipulate and have a lead.
Dbp? Same.
Number of oceans under control?you just have to occupy the rim oceans.
Number of cities?will simply favor simming defenders(defense yield more bp,so all would be happy to be turtles on the hope of finding fools who will attack)
overall bp?easy to manipulate.

Perhaps solution is a combo.
Perhaps ww builder should have a period of say a week after ww are built to defend succesfully before earning the crown and so on.