Would You Play A Old School World Today?

DeletedUser

Lol I was one of those paid friends
smiley_emoticons_eazy_cool01.gif

Miss ya man, they don't make Grepo players like they used to. You are one of a kind

Nick! You're still hanging around here? Talk about original sins! LOL

I always figured the authorities caught up to you in Nicaragua or Honduras or wherever you were last hiding.

;)

(always great to hear from a Dove! Hope life has been good to you the past few years my Friend!)

DeletedUser

Let me tell you something, McDonalds could afford to pay their employees a minimum wage of $15/hour here in North America. Hell they could even raise it to $60/hour and still make profit. But they will not.
I'm in my 3rd year financial accounting and if it's taught me anything about companies, is that it's all about maximizing the profit.

Excellent point about McDonald's intentionally maintaining unfairly low salaries in an almost psychotic drive to maximize profits.

When you think about the McDonald's corporation... and take a deep look into the core structure of their business model and the rather heartless pattern of callousness in their corporate ethics... it makes you seriously contemplate WHY they only sporadically serves up the delectable McRib sandwich.

I mean, seriously... the McRib is by far the very best of the varied almost-meat products on the market today.

It is... quite literally... "mostly-meat" perfected.

Or as the men of Grepolis would say: "ex parte perfectum vescendu carnes".

Would it kill the McDonald's Corporation to keep it on the menu all the time?

The answer is no. No, it wouldn't.

So why don't they?

I don't know. I'm guessing it has something to do with marketing or the EPA or something like that.

But the point is... companies are in it for the money. The more the better. And that's All-American Capitalism at its best.

Its Human nature to strive and succeed and dominate. Like old school Grepolis. Evolution exemplified.

Innogames... Grepolis... is essentially no different than any other healthy working company.

After all, without profits, how would Hendrik Klindworth, the CEO of Innogames, pay for his McRib sandwiches?

The answer is he wouldn't. And that would be sad.

Mr. Klindworth is an upstanding citizen and hardworking gentleman... and he deserves to occasionally feast upon a succulent McRib sandwich just like the rest of us.

Shame on all of us... for faulting him for his natural McRib cravings.

DeletedUser

What they could do is an entrance fee.
Maybe 1k or 2k gold to enter world. It would still be popular, im sure of it

I agree.

An entrance fee would be more to my liking, rather than a system where the most money spent wins.

We already have too much of that in the legal system... and in the dating scene.

DeletedUser54537

I agree.

An entrance fee would be more to my liking, rather than a system where the most money spent wins.

We already have too much of that in the legal system... and in the dating scene.

And anyway Im sure that at least 250 players would be intereste din joining
250x2000=500 000
20 000 gold = 80$
500 000/20 000=25
25x80=2000

So that's at least 2 grand in the piggy bank

DeletedUser41523

Operational costs of a server tend to not be worth it below 300.

DeletedUser51283

Pay to play a server isn't great. I generally don't like to spend on these games.

What Inno have done right is to raise the price of gold-hoarders are discouraged to buy more.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
The old worlds were the best then they introduced world wonders, then the events and off course all the packages and such a world where it came down to your time and fighting and who was the most active...

dianices

Phrourach
lots of games use game cards or incremental fees, each tier with their own benefits, and depending on how costly the overhead is, it makes sense for some apps, but not for others.

DeletedUser52109

It's plain and simple, this server is never going to happen. Grepolis isn't as popular as it use to be and Inno knows it. Therefore, they need to maximize as much profit as this game decays in population.

And I am positive that the implementation of the new farming system got to do with making more money. Some clever guy in Inno headquarters worked out all the arithmetics and said "Hey, if we change the farming system to this and that, we could make more $$$$$$$!"

It doesn't seem like it at first because the bandit camp gives you rewards and enough BP to add 3 more cities. It's complex and it would take me a long time to explain it. But the main things about the new farming system is BP and CP. Think about how you can obtain those things and think about how events and packages directly affect BP and CP.

DeletedUser41523

Again its not a question of "if" it would happen. Its a question of would you play it? Everyone knows that this probably isn't happening.

I could gather 50k sigs all willing to buy in and Inno probably wouldn't bother.

DeletedUser52109

Again its not a question of "if" it would happen. Its a question of would you play it? Everyone knows that this probably isn't happening.

I could gather 50k sigs all willing to buy in and Inno probably wouldn't bother.

No questions asked, I would want nothing more than a server that doesn't rely on gold to win.

DeletedUser

It doesn't seem like it at first because the bandit camp gives you rewards and enough BP to add 3 more cities. It's complex and it would take me a long time to explain it. But the main things about the new farming system is BP and CP. Think about how you can obtain those things and think about how events and packages directly affect BP and CP.

Bandit camp? BANDIT CAMP??? Complex farming??? Seriously???

What the HECK did they do to my sweet sweet Grepolis game???

I suppose the crazy little wheelbarrow guy no longer dashes out of the mine, running around in a manic little circle and sprinting back inside the tunnel every few moments.

We're all living in the future now... and the FUTURE stinks.

I want to go back to 2012... ALPHA my old friend.... ETA my darlin... the ravages of time have taken you both from me.

DeletedUser54414

Make en100 Alpha II and fully replicate the original server.

Now Alpha was real old school. Maybe TW-S would even make a return.

I'm in. Hand on my heart, best alliance and world I've played on. Since the start of 2nd gen worlds, grepo started going downhill in my eyes.Yes, I still play, but I had breaks from grepo and lost touch with them because most of us quit. Would like to meet up with the old pals and have fun once again.
As an old school player... with old school values... and old school socks... I'd play in an Alpha II type world.

Original rules... original limitations... original sins.

As some of you old timers might remember, the Rooster's War Fleets sailed the oceans of World Alpha.

I remember you. I took 2 cities from you overnight. Went to a long day at work. Came back to those 2 being regained by you and you took an extra as a tip.

DeletedUser41523

Personally build 1 is too slow for me. I would play another Gamma though. I'd love to see a no world cap/no alliance cap world.

DeletedUser54471

Well I would like a conquest world but all non graphic updates have been good (thx. to the team making a great game ;) )

(Not a prim user)

/DK

DeletedUser41523

4/4

Pre-hero world building/research settings. Conquest. Make LS and biremes great again.