Would you spend a lot of money on gold?

DeletedUser

Well, it's came out that certain players spent a lot of money on gold. There are some examples of players spending £100 or more on gold in the first week or so of the world.

I'm not asking 'Is it wrong to spend that much?' because these players obviously have earnt this money and it's up to them what they spend it on, but would you spend a lot of money on gold if it got you to the top?

I personally wouldn't, as I don't have that sort of money to spend on games and even if I did, I wouldn't.

How about you?

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I have the money too but I personally wouldn't spend £100. Perhaps I'll buy 12,000 gold for £49.99 but that's far as I'll go and I would make it last me for a long time.

DeletedUser

well, i haven't yet so i guess i wouldn't :p

spending money on entertainment is perfectly normal though, some people would go out and spend £100 on a night on the town for fun, so why not on a game? each to their own!

DeletedUser

I have the money too but I personally wouldn't spend £100. Perhaps I'll buy 12,000 gold for £49.99 but that's far as I'll go and I would make it last me for a long time.

I'd probably have the money for £30 every once in a while, but I still wouldn't spend it on this.

Just one question for you, why do you use gold? Is it to help you get to the top or for other reasons?

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I'd probably have the money for £30 every once in a while, but I still wouldn't spend it on this.

Just one question for you, why do you use gold? Is it to help you get to the top or for other reasons?

Other reasons. On Eta I have 70+ cities and I need Admin to manage them easier. If I didn't have admin, then I would be sitting on my computer for hours going through all my cities.

I also need merchant for extra resources too.

DeletedUser

Ahh, yeah, I forgot you were on Eta. I can see why you need it with that many cities.

DeletedUser

admin is a comfort which is difficult to live without once you've had it :p but yeah, that's only ~200 gold per month

DeletedUser

Other reasons. On Eta I have 70+ cities and I need Admin to manage them easier. If I didn't have admin, then I would be sitting on my computer for hours going through all my cities.

I also need merchant for extra resources too.
merchant is not needed after u grow and have that much cities as u can just trade ur resources from one city to another

DeletedUser

I wouldn't spend that kinda money on gold. I like admin and captain as it allows me to play on my mobile phone, but that is a way of making it easier for me not helping me grow. I wouldn't pay for gold to cut builds/troops etc personally :)

DeletedUser

.....I wouldn't pay for gold to cut builds/troops etc personally :)

yeah, but even worse it the fact that you can call back the Phoenician merchant, you can multiply your res by a lot by trading continuously with him.

DeletedUser

yeah, but even worse it the fact that you can call back the Phoenician merchant, you can multiply your res by a lot by trading continuously with him.
Yeah I'm not so keen on him either lol

either way, my credit card is reserved for clothes not games lol

DeletedUser

I gonna buy 1 million gold, when I win the lottery in Norway.
And I like people who use gold, then they expand their farm faster =)

DeletedUser

I used to do that in Travian but have no intentions to do it again. I prefere to spend money on more usefull things like my motorcycle or having a good summer holidays, hehe.
I have loads of time to slowly build my city with a good defence with no intentions to attack other players.

DeletedUser

Couldn't imagine playing 2.0 without captain and 1.0 without administrator. Those are my minimum reqs

Plus who doesn't want to support a game they love? :) Buying gold keeps the grepo gods at bay

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Someone who is too young to pay with his credit card.

What is wrong with moms platinum card lol j/k

Ahh when I was younger I got my parents to pay for all sorts of stupid crap. Either that or I worked for it. Premiums in this game when you get larger are essential or else you really are gimping yourself big time.