Wouldn't this be awesome?

DeletedUser32373

Hey guys,

Who thinks this would be the best thing Inno could do to enhance the game?

Make worlds that are speed 150. Only 200 players could join, and the worlds last for 2 days. You start out with 50 cities and they each have different amounts of troops and different builds, and there is an alliance cap of 2. So basically bring your best friend and fight with them and try to win in a couple of days. It would enable players to have a lot more fun with one certain person, and is a sick idea in my opinion. You also release 1 world every week. I am not putting this on the forum because of the DNS or whatever, and Inno would never do this.

DeletedUser

Sounds fun, just to have something like that. It would be really cool.

DeletedUser39031

2 days, only 200 people. I don't think you realise the vast scale of the Grepolis community. A whole year of this would be a very, very small amount of the community not including if people do it multiple times.

DeletedUser

Not my cup tea personally, I like the social aspect of getting to know people in your alliance and also the growth factor of making a tiny 175 point city to grow into 1.5mil point empire.
Also, even speed 3 is too fast for my liking, some of us who don't have too much free time on their hands need something a bit slower-paced.

On the other hand, for someone who would like to jump into late-game from the start and have a super fast frenzy for a couple of days it would sound fun. I would more likely see it as an all vs. all kill-fest, no buddies what-so-ever.

DeletedUser25746

Not my cup tea personally, I like the social aspect of getting to know people in your alliance and also the growth factor of making a tiny 175 point city to grow into 1.5mil point empire.
Also, even speed 3 is too fast for my liking, some of us who don't have too much free time on their hands need something a bit slower-paced.

On the other hand, for someone who would like to jump into late-game from the start and have a super fast frenzy for a couple of days it would sound fun. I would more likely see it as an all vs. all kill-fest, no buddies what-so-ever.

Exactly what he said

DeletedUser37948

shorter overall server life length would be nice but last time I asked I was told its not profitable due to server set up costs and returns from it

DeletedUser32373

Yeah that's what I was told as well and also because they have trouble making the worlds.

DeletedUser25249

They had some speed server about 2 years ago, can't remember the exact setting but it was insane, from memory not to many participated.

DeletedUser35431

It sounds fun. But can't it last about a month?

DeletedUser

unless you did things i can't mention here, you would rage quit or be rimmed at some point. everyone would be.

DeletedUser42407

With simple math you can approximately figure out how long a 150 speed world would take. Speed 3 world take around 12 months (correct me if I am wrong) a speed 150 world would be 50 times faster than a speed 3 world so 12 months=364 days 364/50=7.3 days which is around a week.

Please note my calculations are very approximate and speed 3 worlds end at varying time. This is just a basic algorithm to figure out how long a world will be.

DeletedUser5819

They had some speed server about 2 years ago, can't remember the exact setting but it was insane, from memory not to many participated.
It was on some USA special family weekend which I think reduced participation.

I think it would be awesome to do between xmas and newyear, or a week in July when people would either be in or out.