WW boosting change

Griffy

Taxiarch
Proposal: Remove favor boosting for World Wonders. Replace boosting with the ability to loot "spoils" from an enemy city in order to boost your wonder production.

Reason: WW building is currently very "scripted". The optimal way to build world wonders is to click the favor boost button every 2 hours or so, and send resources as fast as possible when you can. This is not interesting or strategic and there are zero fun or interesting decisions to make as a player, it is a test to see who can log on and click the button the most. By adding an element of combat to building wonders, it actually becomes an interesting endgame to play.

Details: Spoils would only be looted from another alliance that has a wonder similar in level, to prevent "spoils farming" by looting spoils from second alliance branches or inactive players. For example, if you want to boost your level 8 wonder, you would need to loot spoils from a city in an alliance than has a level 7 wonder or higher.

Balance: World Wonders may need to require less resources to fill, since players would be using resources to build troops for combat in addition to filling wonders.

Abuse Prevention:

Summary:

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
@Hydna @Baudin Toolan check this out, it's something we discussed in our discord the other day. To me it's almost a marriage of WW and dom to allow for a more balanced end game. City building, and especially fighting are integral to the game, this would add an awesome element to the end game where WW might take longer to make, but rewards what grepolis is about when it comes to WW. Not 6 months of combat, 3 weeks of nothing, then maybe more combat depending who stays, etc.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
It certainly is an interesting idea as a frequent topic we've seen come up when World Wonders are discussed by our community is how it lacks a more battle centered aspect that the other two endgames have. This is certainly something we can mention to our developers, though more community feedback on it is always helpful.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
It certainly is an interesting idea as a frequent topic we've seen come up when World Wonders are discussed by our community is how it lacks a more battle centered aspect that the other two endgames have. This is certainly something we can mention to our developers, though more community feedback on it is always helpful.

thanks brother, let us know how it goes

DeletedUser56472

too easy to abuse. If you have 2 or more allies or you have some pacts in order to build the WW it's enough for the first ally to attack every city of the others

DeletedUser56472

yes I suppose if you pact the entire server and they are all your allies you can abuse it yea

are you one of those who we made ghost? This could explain your lack of aplomb
However, quite every ally has a pact or an acd, it's a pity but so it is, so you can do this proposal but this will kill the only decent way of endgame that is left in Grepolis

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
However, quite every ally has a pact or an acd, it's a pity but so it is, so you can do this proposal but this will kill the only decent way of endgame that is left in Grepolis

lol no sir.

ww current end game favors simmers and cowards, it allows for a mode non-condusive to how the game is played all server before ww. it needs a change, it can be abused, just as favor can be abused with 2nd teams and botting

DeletedUser56472

yeah but favour has the limit of favor production, the solution that has been proposed don't have any limits and is way to easy to abuse

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
yeah but favour has the limit of favor production, the solution that has been proposed don't have any limits and is way to easy to abuse

Not if we are able to set restrictions like we mentioned in our thread: "For example, if you want to boost your level 8 wonder, you would need to loot spoils from a city in an alliance than has a level 7 wonder or higher."

generally, 2nd teams or academies are smaller and not going to be able to loot spoils or have enough resources to build a wonder, so if you're trying to reduce time on your level 9 ww, but your academy is only level 7, you cannot loot spoils from them, but you would be able to loot from your enemy with a level 9 WW as well

pyropirate

Chiliarch

the only decent way of endgame lmao, maybe if your playing simcity but ww is the worst endgame atm.

heard about a herc gen?

Zarun-

Strategos
Remove favor altogether and balance the system? Then golders don't have such a huge advantage. Tough to do wonders. Domination is easy - create more 175 anchors lol. It's brutal out there.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Remove favor altogether and balance the system? Then golders don't have such a huge advantage. Tough to do wonders. Domination is easy - create more 175 anchors lol. It's brutal out there.

jesus with the gold. you do know that favor farming and gold have nothing in common? I mean obviously you don't, but it's important to remind you.

also for dom that HURTS your % number. a new city and/or foundings are worth less than 1 city take, because you add 1 to the total plus 1 to your count. in dom, the best way to win is to take enemy cities.

Zarun-

Strategos
Nuts right now players are being obliterated in 138. I saw this in 135 and couldn't do anything about it. Period.

1saaa

Strategos
I like this idea a lot, the way favour works in wonders is way too easy to exploit and it's just boring. There's absolutely no skill in setting up someone with a level 20 herc and then telling the rest of your alliance to go BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'd suggest a couple changes though. First of all, regarding World Wonder limits, instead of completely negating the booty you'd get from attacking a team with a smaller wonder, I'd instead scale the amount of booty your attacks take with the wonder levels of your alliance vs the one you're attacking (I don't know if this would work better with only counting the largest wonder or counting the total number of wonders or the largest wonder of each team).

This scaling would work both ways, so that means the Grand Duchy of Lithuania with their level 3 gardens would get a buff to the amount of booty they'd be able to nick from fiasco, compared to fiasco getting a significantly reduced amount of booty. In order to prevent exploiting, I'd also input a system where all the booty you collect inside a certain alliance can only be contributed for that alliances wonders, and any booty collected outside of that alliance could not be used for its wonders.

This would create a more dynamic wonders experience, where smaller teams can have a significant impact by stealing other alliances booty and it'd also create a scenario where you could easily have comebacks with teams that have smaller wonders managing to stall down the production of a larger team and catch up.

Last edited:

1saaa

Strategos
In all honesty Zarun, a much better way to cut down on the golder advantage in wonders would be to kill the gold market. Favour is the resource in grepolis least tied to gold, and it's the wrong tree to bark up regarding gold.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Nuts right now players are being obliterated in 138. I saw this in 135 and couldn't do anything about it. Period.
this thread is about a change to ww, something that 135 and 138 are not.

but... zoo and going nowhere were poorly led teams, I know because I know who is on charge there. the issue has to do with the leadership and their policies and plans, I'm not surprised zoo is losing 138, they're too passive

DeletedUser56472

the only decent way of endgame lmao, maybe if your playing simcity but ww is the worst endgame atm.
Lol domination is all about kill your own troops and eat your allies, the next one is a freak. WW are not perfect (but from as they were ten years ago things are goin' better) but at the moment is the only decent endgame