WW got half world mad!

DeletedUser

Oh well, it looks like the imminent starting of WW era is getting all players in Upsilon mad.
I wrote this thread because I wanted to remember to all the people that a plate with written "Winner of the world" doesn't make an alliance great.. Friendship and teamwork do!

I hope to hear some opinions about this!
Have a nice day,
-S

DeletedUser

Tell me, Who has what World wonders? What are the stats?

DeletedUser

The world wonder era hasn't started yet Sapphire. Its just that everyone knows that it will do on the July 1st so there's last minute alliance diplomacy going on which basically means mergers.

I think U2 was just wondering what other people outside of AB thought about our decision to join the stonecutters and perhaps get some idea of what others are thinking/planning on doing. And most importantly on what basis they hinge their judgement on.

It was a tough call, but I for one stand by the decision. I think there are few in Upsilon who really think they can beat the Stonecutters now. Not only do we have the most points, the most members, and the highest points average, we also have the nutters who used to call themselves Arkham Brotherhood inbetween any potential rivals and the safe oceans where the WWs will be built.

Comments anyone?

DeletedUser

Ah, WW merger plays....I was part of one myself in Beta, Phalanx and Dark Judgement merged there. Our merged alliance became the #1 alliance and we've held that place to this day.

I'd like to hear more about the U2/Stonecutters merge, could you open a thread telling the story of the 2 alliances and how they are now they are combined?

Looking forward to seeing the effects of WW on Upsilon!

DeletedUser

Sorry Sapphire I think you misunderstood me. U2 was short for U2hhZG93 (the original poster). The merge was between Arkham Brotherhood (AB) and The Stonecutters (TSC) Who themselves are the result of the merge between The Boneheadz (BH) and CDC (Never new what that stood for...).

Caderly wrote a little something marking the occasion, he's much better at that sort of thing than I am. I'll ask him whether he would like to post it up on somewhere as public as this.

It must be tough on the admin sometimes keeping track of who's who when you're not present in the world. These external forums do seem a little quiet but then our alliance forums are busy enough to keep me busy for days!

Thrillology

Phrourach
World Wonders start on U.C.S's first birthday.

Alliances going mad over the world wonders:
Agora
Veni Vidi Vici
The Stonecutters
Greek Terror
Shadow Guards
The Rogues
world Wonders suck (THAT'S A REAL ALLIANCE :p)
The Argonauts

All the top 12 alliances except for MLIS (lonewolf :l). And I don't think Arkham is going all wild over it either. I dunno about them.

But I know one thing for sure:
U.C.S isn't caring about the World Wonders. We're just trying to survive and make friends while spreading words of wisdom.

Really, I think Shadow guards might get the world wonders since it's gonna take ages to stop them because they're massive and just simply numerous and common sense is gonna make them build the WW in the core oceans of the Drunken Pacifists vs Shadow Guards war zone. Alpha Omega's merge into S.G made them larger.

This will be interesting. I wonder if Agora and V.V.V will merge to keep up with competition as The Stonecutters have had their merge with a bunch of alliances.
http://en20.grepolismaps.org/4647a8aa7431f33c82ca1f98f3ace38f
Stonecutters have a good chance of winning, too since I didn't know SG are losing their core.

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/c11bb681c335ebfb26d42faaf6394ea0
They might have a chance. (Agora and VVV)

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/69d1b611dc3ffe85225fd023d6f9859c
Greek Terror is too far spread into large pockets.

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/a15ca1ff62f2ec3ce033af2994ecc0a4
Stonecutters Academy is spread out everywhere.

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/a9205abb67a409d3a575e010f5b64c13
The Flying Badgers shouldn't even be thinking about having a chance at the world wonders.

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/6e41bcbaf18abf838101d27302cc0eff
AHBH (Arkham Brotherhood) is in that one thickish pocket.

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/58f59dcfab0f3af6aeaad0b8e6fb6c37
The Rogues are mixed in with Stonecutters Academy's largest strip/pocket.

http://en20.grepolismaps.org/4b9b95a3ab28c8ee68ca6d5feb736481
The Argonauts can dream.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

this was something i wrote a while back while arkham brotherhood was merging with stonecutters. its from my perspective and somethings have changed since. it is just copied and pasted.

This is all from my perspective, so there are some gaping holes as I was not first ones to be in ab, so bear with me.

It all started with mr riddler who was dissatisfied with how total domination was treating their opponents. Cursing at them, belittling them and just not treating members even well. If I step back, it even began with brotherhood of 46 breaking from imperial rage who was supposed to merge with Sparta 1 paxedorum original alliance. B of 46 was not happy with not having a say in leadership and so they took a stand to go out on their own as an alliance. This courage sparked mr r attention as he spoke with nichiperchea.

Mr decided to do the same brave move to create an alliance of friends and to provide respect and leadership rights to each member. A few from total domination believed in mr r and followed him to arkham assylum. He was a big fan of batman as you may have noticed.

Later Sparta 1 joined total domination and as leadership in td fell a part paxedorum stepped into leadership of td. I know because I was the diplomat. It was a confusing time for me to be at odds with friends from b of 46, democracy will prevail and 300xa spartan wolves. There were some attempts to work together to fight off drunken pacifists and to build some rapport between td and b of 46 sw and aa. But things did not work out well. Leadership was lacking in td and td was at odds with CDC and with bh. Funny how things work out now.

In this mess of leadership and td falling apart, a few brave souls spoke out against the leadership in td, delta, botvid, deca, Sir c and few others. On top of that b of 46 gave td an ultimatum as they wanted to support dwp against td attacks. I was mixed on this as well, but trapped as a diplomat. So there was another crop from td that had left. In the midst of this mr r and I and frizz, all diplomats at heart, had some of the best conversations I've had in upsilon. I was drawn to mr r. He was such a good guy and he fought for me to get out of td.

So a crop of td players had joined aa. But mr r had left and mike r as well. Delta and botvid graciously stepped into the role of leader and have served aa well to this day. Next thing I know frizz and a few other sw players join aa. Frizz writes me, when are you coming? Lol. I was won away from td. Td had too many enemies and too little leadership and so I left to join the craziest and yet best group of Jerry springer fans I know, inside joke.

I'll jump around a bit. B of 46 later merged with aa making it arkham brotherhood. We both owned 46 and saw a similar vision. And so it was nichi and delta as founders.

At some point we had entered a war with shadow guards for a few reasons. One nerf had manipulated and bullied us into a war with sg. I know because I had spoken with nerf before and he had wanted to play both sides. I soon lost interest in his games as he took a friends city who had gone inactive. But we also went to war because sg had taken paxedorum as a refugee. At this time td had completely fallen a part. All alliances were picking at the alliance. And what does the fearless leader of td do? He goes into vm and suggests other key leaders to do the same, this leaving several members and friends from td to fend for themselves. This was when ab took in some more friends and key players from td.

But as pax comes back, sg took him in as a refugee. As we continued to take pax cities, eventually sg lies about it and gives pax thisisfun account. Sg? How could we overlook this? They were not honest, and deliberately started war with ab. This was when we met good friends with gt, agora, vvv. Even 13 legion joined us in our cause against sg. We had a few diss appointments as 13 fell a part and joined sg, and soon later gt had a pact with sg. So it was up to ab, agora and vvv to show the way. And fight we did. Much to be proud of.

As gt paced with sg, several of our ab friends from gt decided to join us in our fight against sg. This did not sit well with some, but we had gained good friends and I would say they bled ab through and through.

Much else has happened, but I will finish here. Ww has come and it will be good to see us win this game. We merge with sc, which I have friends here too. Someone tells me I have too many friends in upsilon. Lol. Maybe, I just try to be honest with people and treat them fair, but if you wrong me or my alliance I will come at you with everything! Lol.

And so the last chaper of ab begins as joining stonecutters! To the ww and so we are all on same page, ab or sc, or whatever alliance, we fight to the max and we fight together. Sg is not safe. I don't care how many people they take in, we have heart. A name doesn't change that. It only matters about the people you fit alongside with and I'm very proud to fight with you and with new sc members!

To ab, to agora, to vvv(even if they change, they were good to us before), and finally to stonecutters! Let us continue the good fight my friends!

Cad

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrillology

Phrourach
Wooo UCS has seen a lot. :p
I wish I had taken pictures of o37 as it changed over time. Originally:
The Barbarians
S.P.Q.R
United City-States
Then...
The Barbarians
United City-States