Wish List WW rethink

DeletedUser10962

Proposal: Change the format which the WW takes place in by having a number of designated world wonder islands appear at the start of the world which cannot be colonised on until a set time period has expired

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes couldn't find anything similar as far as I'm aware apologies if I over looked something.

Reason:

World wonders are generally speaking awful. For me they always come too late in the game and for obvious reasons are built in the deepest part of each alliances home territory making it difficult/impossible to take them and also making it a resource/favour race as opposed to anything else. They should be a more prominent feature in the game not something you start to seriously think about only 10 or so months in. Also many players leave the game through frustration of being in a dominant position and having to wait for ages to finally finish the job off.

Details:

1. Replace the current method by which the world wonders work i.e. based off the top 50 alliances points. You change this to a standard time no more estimating when the world wonders will start but known from the start of the server that in 6 months it will be possible to start building the world wonders.

2. When the world is genereated with all the islands add in 2 world wonder islands per ocean. These are the only islands on which world wonders may be constructed on and you may not found a city on these islands until 4 months of the server have gone by. These islands should have some farming villages on them as well but maybe less spots available (maybe only 8) as having designated islands will make it easier to interfere with other people construction

3. Once 6 months have expired from when the world opens the same rules apply as they do currently i.e. an alliance most own all cities on the island to start building a wonder. However what I envisage this would do is also all for large land battles from different cities on the same world wonder island that is being fought over between two allies. With the wonders starting earlier on it will be more difficult for allies to make their world wonder island cities stacked to the point they are impregnable which would liven the age up a lot more.

Visual Aids:

None

Balance:

This does change the balance of the game significantly and brings the endgame of the server forward a lot but in turn will increase the length of time it will take to build the world wonders. I also think it will prevent us seeing the same large numbers of people quitting the game after 4/5 months

Abuse Prevention:

Apart from turtling up on a world wonder island ealy on I'm not sure how this can be abused. Maybe the maximum CS travel time to a ww island should be dropped to 24 hours rather than 48 to avoid people turtling miles away from their own areas.

Summary:

It's a complete rethink of the world wonder concept that will hopefully bring them much more into the game as an important factor early on rather than an add on at the end of the world when there are only 150 active people or so.

DeletedUser10962

I don't mind people disagreeing but could you explain why?

DeletedUser

Dom I sort of like the idea of the locations so that maybe it can be about defending as well not just as the resource or favour race but personally I don't like the ww bit anyway. I find that the fighting and city taking is ok for me. I thought it was too for a mad dj like you. But sort of nice ideas and it would be nice to start a fight for an island.

DeletedUser23986

i don't like this idea, i think it will make things even boring

DeletedUser11965

Too much work, too little changes, all in all, it is still simming

DeletedUser24914

My idea for changing WW is to get rid of it. It's SOOO boring. I hate it. I've got the master award in 2 worlds, and I've hated every minute of filling up the WW's.

Here's my idea:

There should be a set period of time(example: january 1st through march 1st) that BP for all alliances is tracked. At the end of this time period, the alliance with the most BP wins. This would encourage WAY more fighting between alliances. Not only could alliances win by attacking, but they could win by defending. No need to worry about sitting and filling freakin WW's, but just attack and defend: the fun parts of the game.

Not to get the master award, they time could be extended an extra few months and the alliance at the end of all of those months with the most BP would win.

Abuse prevention: Internal BP should not be allowed. This would keep alliances from building slinger nukes, and then having their buddies take them out over and over.

I like this idea. It keeps the world interesting, it keeps simmer and turtle alliances from winning easily(no offense to any of you out there), and it escalates the part of the game that we all like: war. After all, grepolis is a war game:)

DeletedUser11965

Not fair again, because the "super" alliance will always win, the fact they have more firepower

DeletedUser23986

My idea for changing WW is to get rid of it. It's SOOO boring. I hate it. I've got the master award in 2 worlds, and I've hated every minute of filling up the WW's.

Here's my idea:

There should be a set period of time(example: january 1st through march 1st) that BP for all alliances is tracked. At the end of this time period, the alliance with the most BP wins. This would encourage WAY more fighting between alliances. Not only could alliances win by attacking, but they could win by defending. No need to worry about sitting and filling freakin WW's, but just attack and defend: the fun parts of the game.

Not to get the master award, they time could be extended an extra few months and the alliance at the end of all of those months with the most BP would win.

Abuse prevention: Internal BP should not be allowed. This would keep alliances from building slinger nukes, and then having their buddies take them out over and over.

I like this idea. It keeps the world interesting, it keeps simmer and turtle alliances from winning easily(no offense to any of you out there), and it escalates the part of the game that we all like: war. After all, grepolis is a war game:)
better than current system, but this won't be loved by me:

what after an alliance wins? does the world close? if not, what are others left to do?

DeletedUser

Well, I really appreciate the above mentioned ideas.

My view on this is that every alliance should be assigned a task to gain maximum BP.If they do so..they will win but,wait!...After having those BPs,we surely will have many slots opened..with that we would have to build maximum number of WWs....In this,there is no restriction that only the top most alliances can win..because once you are in a race of collecting BPs,members will eventually start colonizing their cities.So the faster the alliance gain BP and make WWs...the faster they will win it.
(Well this is a combination of the above two ideas which I liked the most-I also have added some of my opinion!).

DeletedUser31385

Moved to the wish list because the idea is on the DNS list.