Xmas Update

DeletedUser10962

So our little world has now been around for the best part of five months and I thought I'd do an update/general history of the world so far if anyone cares/reads the forum.

To start with there were a number of allys dotted around including "the one", fusion, Rave, Acer, Bone headz, C.D.C. and some smaller more compact alliances such as Eblans, Mobios, Elite Guard, Arkham Asylum Cohort. The larger and more MRA like allies such as the one and fusion disappeared early on never to be seen again.

Initally there was a conflict between Rave and C.D.C., which became a conflict with Bone Headz as well and then Arkham Asylum Cohort and Acer (haven't missed anyone I don't think). Around the same time DraculasHeir who was in his own alliance was tearing up the scene with about 7 polises when most had two and formed Dovakhin Rising through a merger with Eblans.

This rather escalated the conflict with DR and Rave fighting against BH, AAC, C.D.C. and Acer. This was a war that I think it's fair to say despite my obvious bias that DR and Rave were comprehensively winning initially and Rave and DR merged and cut some of the fat to give the alliance that exists now in DR.

However the initial tactics we'd employed against the coalition sadly eventually when in november in to be fair a quite impressive operation from the coalition saw a CS stick in a DR harbour and despite our best attempts to break it 5+k or so of biremes really is quite a lot to try and kill. (I would consider this to be the first true loss of a polis for DR in the history of the server as repos by EG our ally and a polis handed over to gottagetsum I'm ignoring).

This seemed to be a bit of a turning point as it followed that the coalition led by BH (I think could be wrong) slowly targeted one polis at a time and parked their wall of biremes in it. Slow and steady but effective as I myself found out :(.

This then continued with EG joining in the fight against AAC who soon merged with Acer to form Acer Arkham Asylum with a strange mix (I think) of top players from AAC and the numbers but not the same consistent quailty from Acer. BH as an ally took a bit of a hit in mid November when they came under intense fire from DR. Seeing BH drop down to 11 in the ally rankings which they have now recovered from following a merge.

This brings us to now with a fun couple of days of peace AAA have taken the top ally spot on points but are still behind on average points per member and alliance BP. It has turned out to be that it will be rather more difficult for us to win this server than we had originally thought but whats the point in playing if it's easy.

Merry Xmas and Happy new year to all, please do post updates from your points of view as obviously I have a very skewed view of what's been going on.

DeletedUser

Although not having the knowledge or history of this world i will bow to djdom32's assesment.

The recent conflicts of the past 5/6 weeks have seen a see-saw effect in the amount of citys changing hands and not by any means in favour of the dreaded DR and i think that there must be more DR members out there now starting to realise that it will indeed be a harder battle to win this world than they at first thought.

As i see it at the moment the main battle ground seems to be 045 which is essentially DR home ground, or if not yet, what they want to be a stronghold in their attempt to win the battle for this world.

As a member of one of the main Alliances pacted against DR i think it will be a long hard battle for supremacy on this world and no one is going to roll over.

New year,New battles to be fought and as djdom32 said "if its easy whats the point" theres no joy in that!!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

DeletedUser

Good summary dj. I'm not sure who will win this server. It's a bit of an up and down battle, but we can all say we put up a fight. Happy holidays everyone.

DeletedUser

a very good summary and very balanced. thanks for this. more respect from me just from this thread alone.