You Sir are an MRA! Or are you??

DeletedUser

Just another topic on MRA's.......

I would just like some thoughts on where the line is drawn between being an MRA or not being one.?

As an example when I started my alliance I sent out a lot of random invites in the first day or so, some with messages some without. The idea of this was to get in a good number with the intention of maybe only 10% staying after the first couple of weeks. After that I was then told I am a MRA and basically a noob, I will have some respect and won't say who it was he will pop in if he wants to be known. This made me reconsider my recruitment and now only people asking to join get in if they seem experienced or ready to learn, plus a few selective invites after checking out a few players past experience. The problem I am finding is good players have already chosen an alliance and new players who could have been taught if I had mass recruited just going to a big MRA.

So there is the dilemma, are you an MRA if you mass recruit in the first week or two but then scale down. And if this does make you an MRA is that a bad thing if you can cut it down and make it organized afterwards?

DeletedUser

In the beginning of a world there is not one alliance that DOESN'T send out random invites, you were obviously taking in some players and a player was jealous. All of the top 12 alliances I could bet $20 that they sent out random invites, at this time when everyone is around 300-400 points, (my area) that is when you start sending out messages (I already did but some don't).

DeletedUser

I think that the only way to not be an mra is if you are completly premade. Every partially or not premade is an mra to start, otherwise you would have absoulutly zero good members.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
What I do at the beginning of the world start when I create an alliance.

I send invites out to my friends who said they will join and I send out a really good persuasive message to good players who have good stats in just one Ocean. Once they joined or not... I then send out similar messages to many other players in just that Ocean (Ocean 45) who have experience or not, We will train them to be a good player and any player that doesn't contribute to the cause of our alliance, they will be kicked.

DeletedUser6983

The person was me who he was talking about in his little P&P :)

I came out. Happy???

DeletedUser6983

ya just a short story. Didnt really know what to call it

DeletedUser

The person was me who he was talking about in his little P&P :)

I came out. Happy???

Haha I didn't think you would mind, but at the same time I didn't think it was right to name you as I didn't have a problem with what you said it just got me thinking about the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And check this next revelation out...

I have just declined two people from joining for being to far away :eek: