Your Grepolis Journey

DeletedUser8396

Whether you started on Alpha, or this is your very first world, we all have an interesting story to tell about how we came to join Grepolis.

Whatever it is, I wanna hear it! Whether dramatized (which I love) or just straight facts, lets have a go!

Be sure to bring all your friends to share their humorous tales of adventure.

DeletedUser41456

Well...i'm more of a FPS gamer....that's more of my game...(From Half-Life back in the day to now COD on Ps3/4 and Halo on Xbox) ...but i also like strategy games like the old Starcraft...which is what i thought this was when i saw the commercial on NBA TV..

So i see it and say "Hey what the heck it's free let's do this thing"...

I sign up and log in and see some of the weakest graphics i have ever seen lol....en33...

But i saw the building aspect of it that i liked from Starcraft/Command and Conquer...when i was younger so hey why not build it up..so i spend two months building up my awesome city to 5k points...feeling like a big bad bully i start attacking everyone and within 24 i had lost my city. I restarting and grew and joined one of the best defensive teams i have ever seen in WP and here i am in a second server enjoying the game.

So there is my crappy story about how Grepolis took over my free time.

DeletedUser8396

Well...i'm more of a FPS gamer....that's more of my game...(From Half-Life back in the day to now COD on Ps3/4 and Halo on Xbox) ...but i also like strategy games like the old Starcraft...which is what i thought this was when i saw the commercial on NBA TV..

So i see it and say "Hey what the heck it's free let's do this thing"...

I sign up and log in and see some of the weakest graphics i have ever seen lol....en33...

But i saw the building aspect of it that i liked from Starcraft/Command and Conquer...when i was younger so hey why not build it up..so i spend two months building up my awesome city to 5k points...feeling like a big bad bully i start attacking everyone and within 24 i had lost my city. I restarting and grew and joined one of the best defensive teams i have ever seen in WP and here i am in a second server enjoying the game.

So there is my crappy story about how Grepolis took over my free time.
Yeah, that first world takes a till on us all lol...the we come back a second round and kick some tail lol

Glad to see you've found your way into the community and enjoy the game!

Anyone else have something to share?

DeletedUser8345

i first started with en7(eta)
i was busy watching a movie online when suddenly i saw an advertisement next to the movie
as i was very curious, i clicked on it and it took me to this amazing website.
i was about 12-13 when i started playing
i know it is a very young age but i just kept playing without gold and then i got into an alliance which was among the best alliances.
since i didnt know what to do, i kept simming, conquering inactives and growing cities with almost no troops.
that alliance had complete control of that ocean so i was never attacked.
then one fine day my mom threw away the laptop because i had played for 14 hours straight and bunked school that day.

then i started pella.
since i used to sim in eta, i did the same here but was conquered within a month.
then i played oropus but soon stopped playing since it was too slow

then i played paros for maybe a couple months or more but then RL issues came up and had to quit the game
hope to get back to playing soon

DeletedUser10984

I started on Zeta (EN6) Joined the #1 in points alliance at the time (Domination) a mostly noob alliance with some good players who soon left. As we joined the war on the side of the #2 alliance against the true #1 alliance NmE (never to have another to compare to these lads) After getting a few attacks from NmE, I responded in kind to my attacker. I ended up getting an invite at the suggestion of a former Domination player. My times in NmE and the rest of the world would be an epic unto themselves.

I have played on Mu,Xi,Psi,Bellerophon, and finally Paros. (other worlds on more limited time basis)

JungleBear

Phrourach
Well i played beta as some of u know and was an alien. Aoa under the might of alien lol he taught lots of us how to play, 6 cities while everyone else on 1...... From there moved to aoe before settling with achilles and kad in phenomen,, merged with xmortis and qlander and attacked the whole world...similar to venoms situation in paros where i am now. Tried other worlds but beta had no easy one button farming or wws. Stopped on 156 cities 3 years of solid play. Needed a break but back now lol

Once upon a time worlds run forever, beta had 80,000 players, ww was a godsend although a little late for many good players. Alliances large ones with no acap were everywhere eveb in far corners. This was a fun and good world. Far too many worlds now to ever get that experience and thrill again, paros has 1500 players left, in beta my alliance had 426 at the end.

Love the wws hate the amount of constant stream of new worlds, people just move on rather than stand and fight making game not what its supposed to be

Last edited:

DeletedUser15581

I don't know how to dramatize this, so it'll be plain...

I started playing on kappa about 3 years back. The server was already half mature and my 1st city was in ocean 47... these days servers barely last that long. I guess for a new player starting on the rim is pretty good as they can grow on their own sweet pace and understand what is this about. I was rejected by the number 1 alliance of the ocean since I was only 500 points against their requirement of 2000 points, so I started my own alliance (instead of playing for a week to grow to 2k points, lol). I named the alliance Rising Stars and followed the purest form of MRA policy... invited everyone without them asking for it... but ensured that I regularly kicked out inactives. It worked pretty well and the alliance went on to become ranked 1 in 3 oceans, including crushing the alliance that rejected me. Slowly, I learned the game, pacted with other decent pack around there- Fat Camp and we went on to crush large empires and pushed towards the core (even when it was morale inactive server). Due to RL issues, I quit the server after 8 months, but I pretty much covered up my late start of 3 or so months by entering into top 15 with 90+ towns when I quit... even conquered quite a few cities from the ranked 1 alliance which later went on to take the crown.

Then on I played 2-3 months in 2 servers - Xi and Psi. I had quit Xi due to fallout with an extremely headstrong leadership and Psi due to RL getting busy (around the same time I quit kappa). After a long time, when RL gave me a breather again, I joined Gela on the rim. It was fun for a while, but when morale started coming to play and I could barely attack anyone on the rim, it became boring so I joined Paros after seeing daizan announcing that his premade will enter this world.

My Paros story, some guys in Venom know it... I would like to post my side of the story for players from other alliances at some point. Right now the post is already long to keep people's interest so I'll shut up :p

DeletedUser23971

I was bored and at home after a bad ankle break and found Grepolis on the internet, I don't know why I joined EN4 (Conquest Speed 1) but you could say it was a mature world as I started in Ocean 13. No 5 minute farming before version 2,0 so lets just say I grew slowly.

One alliance was by far the coolest, fighting the Huns who were a massive relentless alliance, with the Harbingers as allies was The Eaters of the Dead. A lot of the legends left when the game was updated but the bad thing was the world was won because one player who had an entire Wonder Island to himself suddenly swapped sides. That World had been going on for so long it was a disgrace for it to be won like that, but the hardest lesson in the game was learnt early - dont take any chances you dont need to.

I then found Chi by accident and met some good guys and eventually became a leader of a supposed training academy who were a fantastic unit and confirmed what we all know now, teamwork is the most important quality in an alliance. I burnt myself out there a bit and then in Naxos I burnt myself out a lot :)

I was a bit to slow off the mark here in Paros due to the Wonder Age in Naxos and my ongoing concern there that my decisions could waste many many hours of our members time if I dropped he ball, despite winning I never want that responsibility again as I care to much about the alliance members to make high leadership enjoyable

DeletedUser

last few weeks i was thinking whether to write something here or not :D :D
well i am now ready.

I 1st started my grepolife after a friend recommended me and i joined lambda. as a noob, i dont know whats happening so i read a lot of guides. the alliance was an MRA and i was in 44.. good thing i was in middle of the ocean and lambda was speed 2 world so it took them time before they (elite alliances) get near our alliance and by that time i had 3 cities and we were in a major war with Social games club of lambda. didnt had chance but the opponents loved me and i got an invite to the alliance. moved in there and did well for time before it broke down into 2 alliances. 1 is too big to hold people and since i didnt had gold i quit that time.
Then Xi opened and me with my two buddies, throm and his wife(dead eye) whom i got acquaintance in lambda started a small alliance. with experience in our back we took the path of being aggressive. but as Xi was a powerhouse world with 3 big and strong alliance we had to rely on diplomacy but allies turned on us(one night without warning) and a small alliance cant take that much thats when i learned small alliances are not good u need to be strong and big or u will get trampled. end of my xi story
after that i played chi. thats where i shined most with some great players from gamma's grepohugs we ruled the world though we were not prepared for ww era and we loost in the race to complete 4 but we take pride in getting 7 wonders 1st :) played chi till end and after it closed i started some another world for times pass, naxos, helorus and myonia are those but not much of story there as i played them casually.
now its this world which is now my current base :)

DeletedUser15581

Then Xi opened and me with my two buddies, throm and his wife(dead eye) whom i got acquaintance in lambda started a small alliance. with experience in our back we took the path of being aggressive. but as Xi was a powerhouse world with 3 big and strong alliance we had to rely on diplomacy but allies turned on us(one night without warning) and a small alliance cant take that much thats when i learned small alliances are not good u need to be strong and big or u will get trampled. end of my xi story

That was the beginning of end of my xi stint. Attacking allies for no good reason was silly. Nemesis should have worked with wabbits to fight out project venom and confederate states. But some moron leaders thought that all their decisions will result in positive outcomes. 5-6 players like me left after arguments (for different reasons, not just wabbits) with leadership and Nemesis probably had set the record for fastest disappearing public premade :p

DeletedUser

I started grepo in Kappa. Reason why? Well I was bored and was at University at that time and you know how much free time students have lol.
Yes, I was in Kappa but under dif acc and was recruited by Butterfly Effect which was made from many members from my region were I live and they helped me out a lot to learn the game. But as czar666 said Kappa was at that time old server by today (insane) standards and was hard for us. We were in ocean with Rising Stars and Fat Camp peps. Sadly few of our members passed away do to illness so some members got depressed and sad, so they quit but some of us left and at the end we got rimmed by Fat Camp and Rising Stars.
After some time I created this acc and joined RHO. Still a big noob I thought that all worlds are like Kappa, but this was revolt world, and I like it a lot more than conquest.
I created my alliance just for fun called Oligarchs. Then we merge with Eternity Force which founder is still my my good friend. We were at war with alliance called Snakes . Was a lot of fun for months but then MR MEN alliance came knocking so we merged. Then we merged with MR MEN and later on with Eviction Notice (maybe one of top 3 grepo alliance franchises ever) than a war with Viruse alliance started. BOSS, Hounds (something) and TCC group were then easy pick for us and we won the world.
We moved to Gythium which I had to leave do to RL but even there we won the world.
Moved to Myonia and again i had to leave my peps and after that I saw new world was coming up so I contacted Daizan and here I am with my new grepo family and friends.

DeletedUser

That was the beginning of end of my xi stint. Attacking allies for no good reason was silly. Nemesis should have worked with wabbits to fight out project venom and confederate states. But some moron leaders thought that all their decisions will result in positive outcomes. 5-6 players like me left after arguments (for different reasons, not just wabbits) with leadership and Nemesis probably had set the record for fastest disappearing public premade :p

i remember czar had placed his cs in one of my cities and then he withdrawn it without any reason, i distinctly remember messaging him and asking mate what happen i have nothing left to recover my city why withdraw your cs :p

DeletedUser32254

Iota, en9 I think it was. Found grepo in a random act of web search.

Joined late in the world and was recruited and trained by The Slaughterers under king SmashyOface I think his name was ( yes we had a king! LOL) and played with the mighty BadCo coalition against the owners of 3/4 of the world, an alliance called Evolution.

A rather hopeless fight but we had more fun than the law allows.

DeletedUser44444

seems too short way..much to learn still from the game...