Announcement Your new tyrant

• Thread starter DeletedUser39847
  • Start date

DeletedUser39847

Are you absolutely sure?

You say that a forum with a harsh mod, that doesn't allow any forms of going off topic, or a little joke but with a lot happening will be more active than a forum with a relaxed mod (like you) and the same amount of activity?

You should definitely rethink that, because I've seen the opposite. lol

Of course, I must admit it's not always like that, and the 'ingame happenings' do play a large role...but sometimes the mod has a great influence on the forum's activity.

Thebes for example...huge arguments ingame and thus end up on forum.

Alloponia for example...less happenings ingame and even less on forums despite efforts.

Here for example...lots of simming. little forum activity besides this.

Idalium....lots of activity ingame & lots on forum..

pattern?

although the mod can keep the forum alive if there are posts to begin with. It is a balance that is true.

DeletedUser5819

It may be so on the forum you are looking at, of course. There is more than one factor that can influence activity.
Example given above.

Do you feel we are gioving Mr M-T a hard time? :heh:

DeletedUser19042

Thebes for example...huge arguments ingame and thus end up on forum.

Alloponia for example...less happenings ingame and even less on forums despite efforts.

Here for example...lots of simming. little forum activity besides this.

Idalium....lots of activity ingame & lots on forum..

pattern?

Orly? When I modded Thebes it was indeed very active. 5 threads a day was a minumum. But now 2 posts a day make a record?

I didn't rule out that inactive worlds have nothing to do with forum activity. In contrary, I may have put it wrongly. But indeed inactive worlds have inactive forums.

But in a later post I stated that if both worlds have a similar activity, the forum mod will play a role in an active forum. A relaxed mod will have a more active forum than the strict, harsher one.

DeletedUser

well I've seen some mods get a hard time not specifically saying Mr Muay Thai, he's more than capable of looking after himself

DeletedUser19042

Snowy, I highly respect how you support your husband. But that's not the question. None of us is debating whether he's a good mod or not. As I said in a previous post swarren is one of the best. :)

The thing we are discussing here is how being a harsh or relaxed mod (like swarren) can influence forum activity.

DeletedUser39847

Orly? When I modded Thebes it was indeed very active. 5 threads a day was a minumum. But now 2 posts a day make a record?

I didn't rule out that inactive worlds have nothing to do with forum activity. In contrary, I may have put it wrongly. But indeed inactive worlds have inactive forums.

But in a later post I stated that if both worlds have a similar activity, the forum mod will play a role in an active forum. A relaxed mod will have a more active forum than the strict, harsher one.

You'll see thebes is very quiet now as most of the players went inactive or went to cyth....If i remember right you were strict and a big spammer :D but yes that does influence the forum but ultimately it is down to the users.

DeletedUser19042

You'll see thebes is very quiet now as most of the players went inactive or went to cyth....If i remember right you were strict :D

I wasn't. Not at all.

Lane (then a Titan) often told me I let things pass too easily. Except if they started exaggerating.

But again, we are missing the point here? lol

DeletedUser

Snowy, I highly respect how you support your husband. But that's not the question. None of us is debating whether he's a good mod or not. As I said in a previous post swarren is one of the best. :)

The thing we are discussing here is how being a harsh or relaxed mod (like swarren) can influence forum activity.

I only answered if I thought ye are giving him a hard time

Most the time I'm ring leader on picking on swarren

DeletedUser39847

I wasn't. Not at all.

Lane (then a Titan) often told me I let things pass too easily. Except if they started exaggerating.

But again, we are missing the point here? lol

I didn't finish writing it :p

Not to sure but I bet there was a reason to all this I just can't remember :D

DeletedUser19042

I only answered if I thought ye are giving him a hard time

Most the time I'm ring leader on picking on swarren

My apologies, I misunderstood. :D

But Swarren, to end..

Forum mods DO play a role in a forum's activity. ;)

It's not for nothing that some users say that (*****) (<< mod name) 'killed' a forum. ;)

(the name is not true, so counting stars won't help. :p )

DeletedUser5819

Just for the record, nobody here is giving Mr M-T a hard time. On the contrary, as I said before, the convo is evidence that we have warmed to, and are enjoying the presence of, our Mod.

DeletedUser39847

My apologies, I misunderstood. :D

But Swarren, to end..

Forum mods DO play a role in a forum's activity. ;)

It's not for nothing that some users say that (*****) (<< mod name) 'killed' a forum. ;)

They do to a degree yes but it is a balance with world activity :)

joris that looked like masked profanity :D

Just for the record, nobody here is giving Mr M-T a hard time. On the contrary, as I said before, the convo is evidence that we have warmed to, and are enjoying the presence of, our Mod.

it took long enough :D but thank you

DeletedUser19042

lol. Swarren. That wasn't masked profanity. Entirely not. It wasn't used in a 'swearing' way. It was to hide the name, as it's forbidden by innogames rules to release mod's names if not allowed by the mod. ;)

DeletedUser23986

it surely looks like joris(*****), doesn't it?

justfies the first statement too, and i suppose you will let your ownself use your name :p

DeletedUser23986

yep, i remember you kill a lot many forums.(no names included, "you" can be you dear to-be infractor)