Your People talk to My People

DeletedUser

LOL I thought we were doing a pretty good job of beating the stuffing out of each other...

DeletedUser

Where Goins is quite correct is in his summary of Epist. Like Goins I was fully aware that Epist was considering joining TE and as such was made aware of how he planned and compromised SF, especially leading up to the Adrenaline merger issue. Epist essentially tipped off Goins about a potential SF and Adrenaline merger by betraying the SF Council by offering information before it would have been appropriate to share, so one cannot blame Goins or any TE member for this, even if they recruited Epist to act covertly for them as that is between them and Epist. TE merely took advantage of the information that was freely given to them from Epist and then acted on it, as indeed I would have done as it was a critical move, but only in terms of V2, which was just about to be forced upon everyone here. TE then gave notice to Adrenaline that they were going to attack them after a particular time period. In the meantime a merge was agreed, despite Epist refusing to participate in it, which for now should be obvious as to why. Any informed former member of SF will remember that Epist stated that he would not be involved in any discussion over Adrenaline. Then, when it suited him, he would intervene. This resulted in both TE and SF members being misled. Once again supporting Goins claim that he was seeking to serve TE from within SF. So the issue that clouds this matter is Epist. Not TE, not the former members of SF, not Goins, not me. Epist. This is the problem when people elect to serve two alliances and believe that diplomacy counts for anything in a victory game like V2. In reality the real issue was brought on by the introduction of V2 because it changed the entire dynamics of the game and Epist failed to understand that it would play completely differently. Once both TE and the former SF members look at this more clearly they will see this for what it is. V2 has confused many players in the game so some decided to hedge their bets in order to win. I believe Epist was one such player. So when he could see that TE had the advantage he gravitated towards them rather than SF. Just as Goins has stated, he felt uneasy about attacking SF members. So he became like a double agent liking people on both sides and at the same time seeing promises made to him from both perspectives being broken. In this respect claims from both TE and SF were correct. But Epist was new to being a type of double agent. He simply placed too much faith in some people, when in reality; he should just have relaxed, enjoyed the game, joined whatever alliance he wanted and not waste time being manipulated by people because some people use the message system as weapon. I learnt a long time ago there really is no point talking to any player unless they can show they can be trusted, and those that share messages never can. In this respect I trust no one. Sadly he never quite grasped what I meant.

Cyrus

Wow, for a smart guy, you can really get things wrong, Cyrus. I discussed joining TE with goins at the time of the SF/TE war, months before the time period in question. I decided not to because of my loyalties to players in SF. I never tried to "hedge my bets", didn't "gravitate towards TE" and I never elected to "serve two alliances."

Regarding Adrenaline, I didn't "tip off goins". I negotiated an agreement with goins whereby SF could recruit members of Adrenaline not on the immediate border of TE without causing friction with TE (that's what he and I agreed to, though his members may have felt differently). The merge that was agreed was result of hard work on my part, not in spite of me.

I did understand that V2.0 changed the dynamics of the game but thought the Wonder endgame would not be a factor because the game makers warned they might close servers with <1K active players. As one of the smallest servers I was certain we would not make it to this endgame. I should have realized all such decisions are based solely on profitability studies and subject to change.

epist

DeletedUser

epist, long time no chat... Hope all is well with you;)

No one can explain the true intentions of another, I hoped my summary of your situation was accurate enough. Mainly, just glad to see you here and hope you are kicking someones butt on another World LOL

DeletedUser

Oh, one more thing....

I did not correct Cyrus on his thoughts of your relationship with TE , not sure why he even had the idea of such, but it wasn't worth arguing over. I fully respect what you did for SF, I know you were loyal to them and them alone, our chats were based solely on you making SF stronger without jeopardizing their current world situation or making TE an enemy. For what it is worth, after the split and the creation of DY I let Plamenis know we would still respect our pact with SF despite the obviousness that their active members would all be joining DY. Would have been great seeing you join us, but was good enough seeing you enjoy the game the way it was as well ;)

I sure as hell hope you don't think manipulation was the reason for our chats....

DeletedUser

Hey Epist, long time no see. I dont know if you remember me but I guess we didnt really see eye to eye.

What you said about the WW era is true but only if the world finishes. As for certain they will close down Nu and month or 2 after its been won. They only intented to keep world that finished and still have +1k players on it open.

As for you leaving, I dont know, dont think you would regret in the current circumstances. The Dukes are by far the biggest now but tbh they dont have much good players left. There is some but not much.

Made me laugh today checking what cities they take these days. Cant remember the name but he has around 300k points and takes a city of 4k from a player that only had 1 or 2 cities.... Thats just being an *** lol.

And dont worry Erato, once we are finished with Failed (or fake Failed), you might be next? Who knows :p

DeletedUser

Hey Epist, long time no see. I dont know if you remember me but I guess we didnt really see eye to eye.

What you said about the WW era is true but only if the world finishes. As for certain they will close down Nu and month or 2 after its been won. They only intented to keep world that finished and still have +1k players on it open.

As for you leaving, I dont know, dont think you would regret in the current circumstances. The Dukes are by far the biggest now but tbh they dont have much good players left. There is some but not much.

Made me laugh today checking what cities they take these days. Cant remember the name but he has around 300k points and takes a city of 4k from a player that only had 1 or 2 cities.... Thats just being an *** lol.

And dont worry Erato, once we are finished with Failed (or fake Failed), you might be next? Who knows :p

Oh Dear. I am shaking in my carpet slippers. Where the heck is my shawl, the very thought is giving me a chill. I'm such a terrible player. I should just reset my account and play Simcity. Certainly nothing more serious than Farmville.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh, one more thing....

I did not correct Cyrus on his thoughts of your relationship with TE , not sure why he even had the idea of such, but it wasn't worth arguing over. I fully respect what you did for SF, I know you were loyal to them and them alone, our chats were based solely on you making SF stronger without jeopardizing their current world situation or making TE an enemy. For what it is worth, after the split and the creation of DY I let Plamenis know we would still respect our pact with SF despite the obviousness that their active members would all be joining DY. Would have been great seeing you join us, but was good enough seeing you enjoy the game the way it was as well ;)

I sure as hell hope you don't think manipulation was the reason for our chats....

Epist had ghosted before DY split. DY split BECAUSE Epist ghosted. He couldn't have joined you as he was gone......

DeletedUser

For someone who made it through med school (against such insurmountable odds of men to women, none-the-less) you sure don't read to well... Just tired, maybe, you should get some sleep, stop drinking the Starbucks and catch some zzzz's....

DeletedUser

For someone who made it through med school (against such insurmountable odds of men to women, none-the-less) you sure don't read to well... Just tired, maybe, you should get some sleep, stop drinking the Starbucks and catch some zzzz's....

well maybe I was last in my class because I am dyslexic and ended up as a proctologist?

This is what you wrote:

Would have been great seeing you join us, but was good enough seeing you enjoy the game the way it was as well

so when did you want him to join you? Epist tried a couple of times for a merger with SF and TE -- that's what I recall but I was in the ranks at the time, maybe I didn't pay close attention. A merger would have meant he joined you, although hec a lot of the rest of us would have joined you to.

So when else might you have wanted him to join you solo? During most of year 1 of the game if left SF on his own and he joined you it would have been a betrayal of SF. So that would make Cyrus correct, wouldn't it? You were trying to recruit him and he was thinking about it.

After the splinter of DY from SF, then all kinds of things were in disarray, then it would have been less an issue of switching sides and more of a matter of figuring out what to do after a dislocation.

I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt, seeing as the only time he could honorably have joined you and that it would have been honorable for you trying to recruit him as a solo player would have been after the split.

Unless of course you tried to recruit him at some point really early in the game before he ever joined SF, but it just doesn't sound like that's what you meant.

DeletedUser

Please reread....

epist was another guy thinking of joining TE, but he wasn't sure he could attack the friends he met in SF, together we decided that maybe he was better off staying and improving the alliance from within. You mentioned somewhere about SF tactics being "taking Dukes cities and cities from innactive members", that was exactly what he wanted to do, we both tried to keep our alliances from the situation we have now, DY sitting in the middle of the world and facing to many battle fronts. Seems leadership in DY just isn't thinking far enough ahead or way to far, but either way, diplomatically I think you guys may have slacked on this one.

Can't be absolutely certain, but I don't think I have ever openly tried to talk someone into joining The E, not my style.