Table of Contents
  • Background
  • Interviews
  • Other Interesting Messages
  • Obituary
  • Fun Section
  • NUMBERS

Table of Contents

Welcome to Zancles(I twisted my ankles...just kidding), the last world in Generation 4 of EN server! The settings are as follows:

Settings: Speed -1;
Unit Speed - 2;
Alliance Cap - 200;
Beginners Protection: 7 Days;
Conquest;
Morale - Active

It opened on March 25, 2015. Since then, players have poured into the world, wanting to become first place. Some alliances have fallen, some have merged, but we will get into that later!

In First Place: bitteschlagmichnicht~Triad
In Second Place: Thresher123~Triad
In Third Place: Antikshah86~Triad

Thats way too much Triad, don't you think. The rankings will most likely change in the next few weeks! Now let's head to our Interviews!

Interviews

Bitteschlagmichnicht
Triad

Why did you decide to join this world?

Bitteschlagmichnicht said:
After a long break I was wanting to play grepolis again. my old alliance was thinking about joining this world but they didnt like the speed settings, I joined either way and I must say the people here are interesting.

Do you have any Grepolis Experience?

I started playing on the german servers DE03 Gamma and later on DE05 Epsilon. I learned the game from a rl friend and started playing on the en servers (en52/68) with a few RL friends.Im not the best grepolis player but Im active and know a few tricks.

Are you planning to stay or are you planning to move to another world?

Im planning to win this world alongside Triad

What are your thoughts on Instant Buy and Gold Trading?

- Its Op
- More Op than the phoenician trader abuse when it was introduced
- Should have a daily limit to fix Opness
- Its Op

10/10 would use again

What other alliances do you think will last in this world?

Honestly I dont know any of the top 10 alliances here. The Empire looks promising especially if they can manage their players. Id love to see who survives between Retribution and ..... in o54 but I think they will probably merge.

Do you think this world will make wonders?

I have never played on a speed 1 world but Im sure we will get to build wonders. Innogames will probably shorten the requirements if we cant make it on our own.
Map:
dc47b154-8ce1-4fc5-af59-06c8d4adf7eb_zpsmib3hpfb.jpg

Thank you for the interview!

wfthry
The Wildcards

wfthry said:
Basically i played a while back in Athens and i stopped when i won the world i joined taras but i joined really late, i saw this new world and thought id stand a better chance if i join early so i did :D

Why did you join The Wildcards?

wfthry said:
They were small when they asked me to join and they seemed strong, Bannodad invited me asking me to join and he was rather friendly so i joined

What do you think of the world?

wfthry said:
Its really slow, But when BP ends it should be interesting there's a few alliances that are gonna have to live up to their expectations

What are thoughts on gold trading and instant buy?

wfthry said:
Well i cant say if i had the chance i wouldnt do it fair play although there should be a cap on how much you can use

What alliances do you think will last for a long time?

wfthry said:
Alpha Dogs The Wildcards Triad and Ravens Republic

Which alliances do you think will fall within a month?

wfthry said:
........ House Lannister Last Legion

Do you have any previous experience in Grepolis?

wfthry said:
I did say i played in Athens
Map:
4239a9b5-03a1-4255-a13c-c3ed90bb384c_zpsrmkzgn43.jpg

BethanyySalter
Retribution

Are you planning to stay or go to another world?

BethanyySalter said:
I am going to stay

What makes Retribution special compared to others?

BethanyySalter said:
80% + of Retribution players are players that have built connections on a number of different worlds. We are a close knit alliance that strongly believes in each of it's players. Whether they are newer to the game or have been playing the game for years we will fully support each and every player.

Do you believe that your alliance will be here for a very long time?

BethanyySalter said:
I have faith in my alliance and believe that we would go far in this world.

Are you a leader or Founder?

BethanyySalter said:
I am a founder

What are your thoughts on gold trading and Instant Buy?

BethanyySalter said:
Personally I hate buying gold so I cannot really comment of the instant buy. I think the gold trading is good; it gives the players who do not buy or cannot afford to buy could a chance to get some. Which in turn gives them the opportunity to active the advisers for example.

What is the best offer you've seen so far?

BethanyySalter said:
To be honest I haven't really been paying attention. I have heard your trades are the best and do try to keep an eye out for them but apart from that I have only really seen 10 gold traded for 1k resourses.

What alliances do you think will last long? And which alliances do you think will fail?

BethanyySalter said:
To be honest I couldn't really tell you right now who will last long. It is an unknown at the moment because pacts and naps that may have been made by the large alliances will really affect whether an alliance will last long.
I have a feeling that Triad may do well in this world but this is only from what I have been told about them because I have never really played against them. I don't think Last Legion will last too long, they are quite spread out and I am not sure how that will go for them when bp ends. Once again this is just from what I have been told about them.

We will all have a better idea when bp ends.

Retribution shares many islands with The Empire. Are both alliances at war with each other?

BethanyySalter said:
No comment at this time
Map:
1dcc6bf0-98dc-4c8c-961c-528fa2442442_zpskbkh5xhb.jpg

Thank you BethanyySalter for the interview.

Wheredevil
The Empire

Wheredevil said:
Because i have a chance to become the one of the best here. Its a slow world, i like those.

Are you planning to stay in this world or are you planning to move on when a faster world comes by?

Wheredevil said:
I'm planning to stay. Not just for my own good but also for the good of my friends. I don't leave people hanging

What makes a good alliance?

Wheredevil said:
Trust is the most important, followed by teamwork and strategy.

What previous Grepolis Experience do you have?

Wheredevil said:
well i have played in many worlds with many great alliances like DOOM in Pella, Legion XIII in Myonia, Kripteia in Tau (near the end of my stay there), some more others. Started playing grepo in Alpha, started leading in Tau and learned there and in Pella most of the things i know now. I have lead a few alliances to the top, especially in the beta server.

What are your thoughts on Gold Trading and Instant Buy?

wheredevil said:
Gold Trading has its ups and downs, same with instant buy but in general i would say it just makes a gold users life easier. In a speed one world a gold user with 20k can grow and get 5k points in 3 days easily and he will have a 3k point advance on everybody else. Not many people will be able to stop him

Do you consider your alliance an MRA?

Wheredevil said:
No, i don't. An MRA doesn't kick inactives, It usually doesn't concentrate on BP either.

Are you at war with anybody?

wheredevil said:
You will see soon enough
Map:
e827db7c-de17-48ba-913c-c47e0908fae2_zpsxho0uq3f.jpg

Thanks for the Interview!

Joseph Nieves
Relax/........

Joseph Nieves said:
I joined this world because I have been pretty busy the past few months, and I wanted to have some fun in my free time. Just so happens that a speed 1 world was coming out when the thought hit me to return to Grepolis.

Are you planning to stay on this world?

Joseph Nieves said:
I would like to. However, like the game, RL is unpredictable. I plan to stay for few months though, to understand speed 1 worlds better and the strategies behind them

Why did you join the alliance Relax?

Joseph Nieves said:
Because I came into this world to relax and have fun. Instead it turned into trying to help a founder who is a yes man and has little involvement in the alliance. It was almost like babysitting, which I should say is not very relaxing. Ok, the real reason is that I was completing the join an alliance quest and no MRAs sent invites fast enough. The Relax adventure wasn't a total fail, met some pretty nice people along the way.

Are you founder, leader, diplomat, forum mod, or recruiter?

Joseph Nieves said:
Well as I mentioned earlier, I tried to help him. There were some good people in there and I didn't want them to quit because our leader was quiet and clueless. So yeah, I was the forum mod and recruiter. Was one of the two or three unofficial leaders within the alliance, LOL. Things seem to have went downhill after I lost internet for a day an a half.

What led to the downfall of "Relax"?

Joseph Nieves said:
Summary: We lost two good players from the alliance who were active in the forum. Helpful people start thinking that this might not work out, since our founder is not involved in the running of the alliance. Our diplomat who talks to other alliances all the time helped us find an alliance that we can merge into. So he made a thread in the forum telling us to join the 8 dots alliance and we left whenever we got an invite. I didn't see any comments from dandandandan before I left, so I don't know if he was reading the forum when things happened. That is all I really know basically. Our diplomat is a leader here basically, and for whatever reason dandandandan is in charge of the academy. Not sure if that is a temporary thing or not. Most of it went down while I had no internet on Sunday ;(

And were you invited to "............"?

Joseph Nieves said:
I was about 7 hours ago, but I was offline at the time and they withdrew it so they could invite someone else from the alliance. So now I am just patiently waiting for one.

P.S. Rock if you want more info on the collapse of Relax I do have a message I can forward you between me and another helpful player. I also have a message in which our founder doesn't know what skype is.

So what are you planning to do now?

Joseph Nieves said:
I guess join the alliance with 8 dots in their name with the rest of the good Relax members and see where that goes. I will see if this is a place to call home, if not then I might be headed to the next stop in the road.

Since you have entered ........., how do you feel about this alliance?

Joseph Nieves said:
So far so good, definitely looks like this alliance has stronger leadership and communication.

Has your alliance declared war on anyone?

Joseph Nieves said:
No they have not.
Map:
8e2d058b-c28d-446a-8ba2-1aae4a855e8c_zpsbtxyxuqu.jpg

Mini Veteran
TIPPLERS

Mini Veteran said:
Emm, because I love the world speed and it's good for too. The other reason is that other top 10 alliance on grepolis are not joining, so I can look for good players to join up with me and do something new.

Are you going to stay in this world or Re you planning to leave once a faster world comes by?

Mini Veteran said:
Going to stay here until the end.

What previous experience do you have?

Mini Veteran said:
I have been playing grepolis for 5 years now and looking forward to learn more.

Do you think your alliance will last long in this world?

Mini Veteran said:
Emm, no. But my plan is too stay alive with my active members and then leave this alliance and make my own small but experienced.

What are your thoughts on gold trading and instant buy?

Mini Veteran said:
Emm gold trading is good for gold buyers, but for players that don't use gold it's like a waste of their time rising all of those gold amounts.

I've heard from other players that you have another IGN. Would you mind telling us what your other IGN is?

Mini Veteran said:
I lost my old account, but I will remember the password but not the Name lol. :(

Why did you name yourself mini-veteran?

Mini Veteran said:
Because I stayed on the a world until it ended and i'm still young lol.

Are you at war with anyone?

Mini Veteran said:
No, not really, I just want my crew to build up first and then we can work out with the rest.

Do you believe in no diplomacy, or do you believe in pact rampage?

Mini Veteran said:
Map:
ad61efbc-33af-4195-a00e-15660b047988_zpst0tcieva.jpg
TIPPLERS have turned into "NightHawks" as Mini Veteran takes the good players with him

Aresinius
Ares Trading Company

Aresinius said:
I am wrapping up us38.Naxos, which is the World Wonders phase. As a solo player I cannot possibly win that phase, though I'm still actively playing and trading there through my 45 trading outposts in across almost every ocean.

Adding Gold trading changes a lot, and I played in two beta worlds with trading. In Zancle I look forward to using my trading skills to help everyone have a game that's faster and more fun by using Ares Trading Company cities to help balance their resources for building.

What would happen if you were somehow conquered? What would happen to Ares Trading Company?

Aresinius said:
That happened on another world; my first city was conquered and i had to re-start.That could happen here and I would re-start which would put be farther out from the center, but hopefully I can be more valuable trading. My cities are built with only minimum military units, buildings and research, so they aren't really valuable for someone trying to build a mighty empire.

When did you start this company?

Aresinius said:
I've been playing Grepolis since 2011 and have gradually focused more on trading. Ares Trading Company as a name I first used last year, and AresTradingCompany.com in October. That website will go live as soon as the Easter event is announced and I can program for it, as I did last year for the Hallowe'en event.

And what will be on the website?

Aresinius said:
Primarily a blog of everything I'm doing, but people liked most last year was the recipe database to make any item in the Hallowe'en event.

Originally I had a chat room there but people tended to prefer Skype. I'll probably bring it back and see if there's more interest this time.

There are also links to all the fun promotional items - keychains, hoodie, flasks and beer mugs, which actually can be bought from CafePress but nobody (other than myself) ever has.

Again, for every special event I'll add features related to getting the best rewards possible.

That sounds cool. What kind of trades do you do?

Aresinius said:
I'm still building marketplace here since this world is so new, and trying to accept as many trades as I can while at least breaking even.

In a few weeks when I have more cities and capacity I'll try to keep markets stocked with every possible resource combination at a 4% markup. Every world is different, and gold trading changes a lot, so we'll see how that works out. In Naxos I trade millions of each resource type daily, sometimes handling the entire world's public trades.

Have you seen other players that do that?

Aresinius said:
I have not seen anyone dedicated to trading like this, though lots of alliances have a couple people that do a lot of trading internally. Part of what I have to give up is any chance of "winning" the game through the Wonders, but I have enough fun any way.

Map:
2cd107b3-4395-45fd-aaee-cac7660089e7_zpsyuvlv8mu.jpg

Thank you for your interview!

This concludes all interviews!

Other Messages

Mail 1:
bf14c72c-66d0-4fa5-add0-bda34a47f190_zps3ewk1lqx.jpg
ce5619c0-83cb-4ef3-bf7a-6db8e016c1bf_zps8lp2tkv9.jpg

Mail 2:

bc86ada8-b8cd-4fc4-a2ef-dba4d265ed51_zpsuizzajfh.jpg

Obituary

This is where I post alliances/players that have fallen.

• TIPPLERS
  • Relax

Fun Section

Here's the first one!

First look very closely into the picture. Then lean as far back as you can. Do you see a difference?

illusion_optique_monroe_einstein-217x300.jpg

The second one:

Spot The Difference
1_1.png
1_2.png

credit to C4RL05

Wheel of Fortune

This is how it works.

1.) Pick a number between 1-36. You cannot repeat another person.

2.) Next Issue I'll give out rewards.

american_roulette_wheel_layout.gif

Prize: 1500 stone

This is the end of the newspaper. If you like the newspaper, + rep. Leave any comments below if you want to give advice, etc. Until next time....peace out folks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

Nice job rock, I pick #17

I only spot 3 differences in the picture, I stink at this :(

DeletedUser48680

26 and I found all seven of the missing items from the picture:cool:

DeletedUser

Really great issue. Creative and well thought out. Kudos to the Writer/Editor/Publisher. =)