Zerofear. Imposter

DeletedUser

Hello Delta,

As of late there have been imposter's such as zerofear. Many of you have stated problems such as this on the forums.

Our very own Delta IG mod has taken a look into the zerofear. situation and did not find evidence of multi accounting. It looks like this player was just out to mess around with Delta.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is nothing we can do to stop this player at the moment. You all are just going to have to keep on being witty and spot the odd one out.

However, if you do see another case like this do not hesitate to submit a ticket about it.

Your one and only Delta mod,

Gibbo

P.S. Where's Wally books are great fun and may even help out with spotting the odd on out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Usually don 't the dev's check the IP from where he loggs in?

did they do that?

DeletedUser

yes they did.

But that IP address was not used for two accounts only one.

Therefore we cannot do anything because he/she is not breaking any rules.

DeletedUser

Is not breaking any rules to the best of IG's knowledge. Not that I have or would, but were I to do what this fraud did, I'd use a proxy site to log onto Grep (though others might just use a different computer from a different location), knowing I'd be in deep **** were I caught. I obviously like the game if I'm to go to that much effort (though I think grepostats could make my life easier if I was to copycat) and I've obviously got reason to go to this effort. Self-interest, most likely. Someone who considers themselves at war or wants to go to war with BoM but doesn't want to lose. So they do this, use a proxy to be careful.

That is, I think, a lot more likely than someone, by fluke, deciding to call their account ZeroFear., realising that there's a leader of a big alliance called something extremely similar and then having the smarts to be able to message up to a thousand players. All without seemingly building so much as a farm.

I'm not debating the fact that there is only one account on the IP being used but I still believe that whoever was behind that account has another account he or she is keeping seperate by one method or another. For it to be otherwise relies far far too much on complete coincidence.

Oh. And Kilkenny is hammering Cork in the hurling right now (",)

Finton
Asylum.

DeletedUser

Most people have dynamic IPs, so all one would need is to drop the internet and reconnect to get a shiny new IP address. Internet is still all about anonimity (unless you're a government or a really witty network guy)