Pending Zues Rage - destroys 100% of catapults

DeletedUser829

Server: Sigma

Twice now this has happened

screenshot2011052413280.png

Zues Rage gets casted on my attack and ALL my catapults die. not 10-30% but all.

Really?

DeletedUser

zeus rage seems to work on a PPS (probability proportional to size) system, meaning that units which take more population space have a higher probability of being hit.

you can think of it as though catapults were 15x bigger than a slinger or whatever, so any 'rage' flying around will be more likely to hit the bigger object (catapult) than the little slinger.

DeletedUser829

zeus rage seems to work on a PPS (probability proportional to size) system, meaning that units which take more population space have a higher probability of being hit.

you can think of it as though catapults were 15x bigger than a slinger or whatever, so any 'rage' flying around will be more likely to hit the bigger object (catapult) than the little slinger.

So when you have 1,420 slingers, 210 horse, 500 hops and 16 catapults as an offense, it just decides to kill all the catapults?

By the same logic, if I attacked with my 40 manticores, they'd die first?

DeletedUser2795

Then why didn't all the horses (or almost all) die as well? IN fact, in that attack, the only unit that seems to have been killed in 10-30% were the horses :S

DeletedUser

So when you have 1,420 slingers, 210 horse, 500 hops and 16 catapults as an offense, it just decides to kill all the catapults?

By the same logic, if I attacked with my 40 manticores, they'd die first?
yes it is a bit weird that it would kill ALL the 'pults, but there you have it... and yes, if you had manticores in the attack they would have an even higher chance of being hit :( the thing is that it takes the % from your total attack and then allocates it randomly, since your 'pults (or mantis) occupy more slots they are more likely to be hit.

Then why didn't all the horses (or almost all) die as well? IN fact, in that attack, the only unit that seems to have been killed in 10-30% were the horses :S
not quite sure what you're saying here but i assume the bolded word is supposed to be catapults? i think you'll find that the horses would have also had a higher casualty rate than the slingers or hops, although horses are only 3x 'bigger' whereas 'pults are 15x.

slings: 29/1420 = ~2%
hops: 29/500 = ~6%
horses: 28/210 = ~13%
'pults: 16/16 = 100%

total FS killed: 382/2790 = ~13.7%
so overall it wasn't so bad, just unfortunate that the 'big' units took the brunt of it.

DeletedUser

I also have always noticed that catapults always get raped with Zeus' Rage. Happened to me at least 5 times before, below is a recent one.

Destroyed units:
28 slingers
28 horses
29 hops
14 (of 14) Catapults

The spell says it should destroy 10-30% of attacking land units. Nowhere is there a disclaimer that all catapults will die as well =P

Would be nice if devs looked into it since it probably is a screw up in the code. I try not to send any cat attacks without a spell anymore, but that isn't always possible.

DeletedUser829

Something must be wrong with that. Wood doesn't conduct electricity. The darn hops should die first.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I said horses because 13% of the horses were killed, whereas the other unit kills were outside the 10%-30% range
oh right, it makes sense now :D

if i didn't mention before, the 10-30% range is for the entire attack and not for each specific unit, so higher pop units will generally have a higher casualty rate than the single-slot units.

DeletedUser

Server: Sigma

Twice now this has happened

screenshot2011052413280.png

Zues Rage gets casted on my attack and ALL my catapults die. not 10-30% but all.

Really?

Can you pm me your game name, world and include the time of the report?

Thanks

DeletedUser

time of the report is may 24 2011 10:24 PM. (you can see it partly in the bottomleft corner :p)

DeletedUser

I noticed this happened one time I fired off Zeus' Rage - though it was only 2 catapults that were hit.

DeletedUser829

Got me on my last medusa hit. killed 12/12 medusas, but only 15-30% of the other units.

This makes me NOT want to attack with 50 manticores!

DeletedUser

Or if you do attack with 50 manticores... make sure you use Athena's Heroic Foolishness first, so no spell can be cast against your attack.

DeletedUser2795

I can understand higher percentages of larger units, but this much does seem a bit excessive.

DeletedUser

OK, this is the funniest thread I have read in the forums...

Feel free to delete.

DeletedUser2795

Usually mods lock threads, so that if people have the same problem they can see it later.