a round of applause

• Thread starter DeletedUser53923
  • Start date

DeletedUser53923

lets take a minute and we can have a nice, long, slow, sarcastic round of applause for the grepolis players council. which has been an absolute train wreck from the start.

lets start at the top...

1. GREAT JOB INNO. after making your big announcement your followup has been...lets be nice and say "underwhelming." the lack of clear direction on how the voting process would go, was followed up with a poorly made poll, designed to favor those listed at the top, with others not even being visible without scrolling. that would be a lesser problem, if there was any kind of guidance given to the council. but over a month in, they still dont have any idea of communication from inno with whats going on.

2. OUR WONDERFUL COMMUNITY MANAGERS. Putting forward the kind of effort, and keen responses, we have come to expect from them. While being able to track through every meaningless post on the externals to make sure no 12 year olds virgin eyes get corrupted by a semi naughty word, they were somehow unable to realize that one of the applicants doesnt speak english, and not once, but twice, simply copy/pasted applications from other candidates. He was not only included on the ballot, but given a premium location. BRAVO! This sterling performance has been followed up by the council members regularly waiting 3+ days to get a response when a question or problem has arisen.

3. US. THE COMMUNITY. Probably the most disappointing of all the poor performances. for years, i have heard nothing but complaints and ideas to improve the game. on every external page. in every skye room. in every alliance forum. and after years of wishing, we got a real chance to get some input. how did we respond? by having more trolls apply than real candidates. followed closely by everyone...as voters, simply clicking the first 5 names on the poll in voting. how do i know you did this? BECAUSE THE NON ENGLISH SPEAKING TROLL WHO USED A COPY PASTED APPLICATION WAS A TOP VOTE GETTER. you have no right to ever complain, when this is the amount of effort and responsibility you can give to try to promote change. in fact we should all be ashamed.

4. THE 5 GLORIOUS COUNCIL MEMBERS REPRESENTING US. - this is not shocking, considering how they finally got into place...but still equally disappointing. for over a month now, THE ONLY INSTRUCTION FROM INNO, is for them to vote on an inner council member. simple enough right? no. not for these savants its not. firstly bear goes missing and completely without contact through the voting process. leaving the other 4 in a dead lock of emotional butthurt and bad feelings from previous servers. they are all more concerned with personal agendas and screwing each other out of the position than they are actually performing the positional duties.

so the next time your wondering whats happening to this game. just remember the tale of the players council. and how good ideas and be soiled in under a month. this game is falling to crap because of each and every one of us. not money hungry devs. lets all be proud.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
All 5 members of the council are active and speak fluent english or are able to hide it well. That being said the player who copy pasted a message was removed from the council on day 1 and was replaced by thewilsh. Getting each group on each server to decide on a spokesperson is not easy since the people who applied are for the most part strong minded individuals who care about the community. Suddenly asking them to get along right at the start was going to be a bit of a challenge but it was accomplished, the spokesman chosen as well as the substitute and now they will meet with their counterparts from the other servers and thus will begin the Player's Council work. The start up of a new team of people is always the slow part.

DeletedUser41523

Why not just pick a middle ground person like Wilsh or Phi or something? Both these people would listen to both sides and nobody should feel alienated by it.

DeletedUser46395

Many apologies for getting food poisoning, I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. :)

DeletedUser53923

All 5 members of the council are active and speak fluent english or are able to hide it well. That being said the player who copy pasted a message was removed from the council on day 1 and was replaced by thewilsh. Getting each group on each server to decide on a spokesperson is not easy since the people who applied are for the most part strong minded individuals who care about the community. Suddenly asking them to get along right at the start was going to be a bit of a challenge but it was accomplished, the spokesman chosen as well as the substitute and now they will meet with their counterparts from the other servers and thus will begin the Player's Council work. The start up of a new team of people is always the slow part.

Many apologies for getting food poisoning, I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. :)

90057b5520eb59b8b063914056d67394.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53923

the people who applied are for the most part strong minded individuals who care about the community.

im more than capable of posting numerous screenshots of this "care for the community" their strong mind had shown over the last week. but at this point i dont see that being productive. the whole point of this is for you all to be called out and get your act together.

ill hold off. but less excuses. more action.

DeletedUser54715

If google says so, it must be true right ?

One month is way too fast to make yourself an opinion about such a thing. Give it a year, and your post will make sense.

DeletedUser41523

From what I've picked up on, It's more or less that they haven't picked an inner member and the arguments about it are petty things than actually meaningful debates.

DeletedUser51777

If google says so, it must be true right ?

One month is way too fast to make yourself an opinion about such a thing. Give it a year, and your post will make sense.

I don't think many people are interested in waiting around for another year to hope that Inno 'maybe' fixes the big problems. He and most feel that this needs to be fixed now.

DeletedUser41523

Socrates is right. Most players have waited plenty of years for fixes. The ball needs to get rolling now.

DeletedUser54715

So you guys expect everything to change in a month ?

I'm not saying that they should start moving in a year, I'm saying that critics are way too soon to be said about that.

DeletedUser53923

So you guys expect everything to change in a month ?

I'm not saying that they should start moving in a year, I'm saying that critics are way too soon to be said about that.

this is the kind of uneducated attitude i made in point 3. the community.

in a year, we will be on our 3rd council. if the first 2 are a catastrophe...you really think there will be a third? and if theres not, and just proved my opinion correct. what did that accomplish other than being able to pat myself on the back?

they were elected for a 6 month term. so in about 20% of their total elected time completed...all the have accomplished is being able to insult each other on a game, position, and personal level.

yeah i dont think its too early to bring it to peoples attention.

DeletedUser54715

Maybe there are some flaws there, but every system needs to time to make an actual difference.

Do you really think that you need to be educated to have an opinion on something like that ? If I may, what kind of education would you encourage me to pursue ? Studies in online game politics maybe ?

DeletedUser53923

ive little interest in debating you at the moment. or derailing the general point of this thread. so ill give you the simple answer of im mostly pointing out the 6 month terms. so saying "wait a year" isnt applicable at all for the issue at hand. i wont discuss this further with you unless you want to pm me.

edited cause im a bad typer is all...

DeletedUser54715

Well, I still believe that we should wait at least a year before complaining about the lack of change. It's not only about the people, but about the system, it needs time. It is really easy to give many ideas about how to improve the game, but really hard and long to decide whether those changes are good or not, to change the code of the game to include them and so on. We might be able to see the ideas of this first council implemented in a long time, and I'm okay with that.

It's like in politics (not starting a debate about politics). Everyone always promise a lot of changes really fast, but we never see it happen. On the other hand, we always hear everyone complaining about how the system sucks and could be much much better. Why do you think it is ? Maybe it's harder than it looks like. Those elected council members were all willing to cooperate with one another and work towards improving the game, and yet, they're having troubles to do so. Now, it's not about only 6 people debating about small issues right ? There's a big and complex organization behind it who is going to rethink everything that the players will propose them.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think that they're trying to do something nice, and I didn't expect to see changes before a long time.

DeletedUser41523

It doesn't take a year to vote on an inner council member. i get where you're trying to come from. But right now they're at an impasse over the first decision.