OoA

DeletedUser

Every so often you come across worthy opponents but mostly you don't. Order Of Assassins fall into the later category having failed to conquer IoA towns in O33 they have resorted to 'quaking' and 'bolting'.

It's a shame that I lost the mail as their internal forums talk about attacking IoA to get the respect they deserve from bigger alliances. Spamming divine powers probably isn't the way forward. Most opponents we face usually agree RoE (rules of engagement) to prevent the bolt wars kicking off (or simply don't get involved in them in the first place). Anyway enough with my moaning.

This is really about notifying people that if they want to get involved in divine power war we, over in IoA, are happy to oblige.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14500

To be blunt about this; 100% agree with badnight. The last alliance I witnessed to 'Divine Power Spam' was Sparten Elite before they were taken over by a better leader.

I don’t know about other people but to me personally this is seen as an MRA tactic. Divine Favour should be saved and used to aid in growth of troops/ships and offensive and defensive attacks. Using it to reduce the points of opposing players is almost pointless. Yes there is the off chance of hitting something worthwhile like a farm with a 'bolt', but for the cost of an off chance when you could instead cast Favourable Winds. There’s no competition in which Divine Power is more useful.

Don’t get me wrong Order of Assassins, I’m glad to see another alliance against DoA/IoA, (+rep in my eyes for that) however going about it in this way just seems wasteful.

Regards,
HTS gavin

DeletedUser

why would anyone bolt someone? Just helps me(or anyone else) clear up some pop and does the demolition for me(without the time and building slot takeup)

DeletedUser

like 2 months ago? Because I needed to use up my favor, won't disclose how much, but I have a considerable amount of favor per hour. I usually chariot someone, but I ran out of pop for that too and nobody wanted mine :rolleyes: . Besides, you should be thanking me :D

DeletedUser

like 2 months ago? Because I needed to use up my favor, won't disclose how much, but I have a considerable amount of favor per hour. I usually chariot someone, but I ran out of pop for that too and nobody wanted mine :rolleyes: . Besides, you should be thanking me :D

If I remember correctly I thanked you several times for the BP´s ;)

DeletedUser

nothing wrong with quaking down a wall to reduce losses when landing your fleet/troops, imho :p

DeletedUser14500

nothing wrong with quaking down a wall to reduce losses when landing your fleet/troops, imho :p

Yeah this is fair enough, I do this quite a lot myself. But using your favour just for the sake of knocking down someones wall when you dont have the intention of attacking is just pointless IMO.

DeletedUser

I disagree, it can be used as a tactic for diverting support away from your actual target.

DeletedUser

Most grepo alliances will not bolt others, in order to prevent a noob bolt war. It is just a wasteful tactic that most people look down on. You can use it, but you will not be liked.

And drac, how can it divert support from a target? It cannot. It only reduces a wall level or a building level. They will rebuild it, and no support is diverted. :)

DeletedUser

Drac, I dont know which world you play on, but i have been bolted from enemies so close and from 6 oceans away..I never once sent extra support to that city..I just laugh it off and move on. I dont forget who bolted me and when i get my chance, I just take your city..A bolt or a quake means nothing to me. I bet Bianh and the rest would just agree with me on that statement.

DeletedUser

Drac, I dont know which world you play on, but i have been bolted from enemies so close and from 6 oceans away..I never once sent extra support to that city..I just laugh it off and move on. I dont forget who bolted me and when i get my chance, I just take your city..A bolt or a quake means nothing to me. I bet Bianh and the rest would just agree with me on that statement.

Yes, I totally agree. A bolt is something you look at, laugh, and then just continue with your life. Not once have I taken a bolt seriously.

DeletedUser

I have actually sent pms thanking them for the bolt and then conquored their cities. I got 2 of my cities by this...the pm fools them, and then I'm all nicey nicey until a flurry of about 13 clearing attacks and a cs comes. Then I get hate mail:D

DeletedUser

Lol. This happened to me too, but instead of conquering the bolters, I just nuked their cities into inactivity. :)

DeletedUser634

If you get lucky a bolt may hit the wall and thus reduce the wall by a level. However generally its a complete a waste of favor and I dont remember ever bolting any player (I'd rather have 6 chariots or wait another 3hours for a manticore lol).
However I disagree with OOA being a poor alliance. Being a previous alliance of mine when I was there they were very well run and organised.

DeletedUser

They can definitely do some damage, but sometimes they can be pretty bad, tactics-wise. Like these bolts.

They are a good ally to have however.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bianh pick a side and stick to it.....:p:p

Most grepo alliances will not bolt others, in order to prevent a noob bolt war. It is just a wasteful tactic that most people look down on. You can use it, but you will not be liked.

And drac, how can it divert support from a target? It cannot. It only reduces a wall level or a building level. They will rebuild it, and no support is diverted. :)

DeletedUser

This is the other quote figure your stand point out and then respond...you contradict yourself it causes alot of uncertainty....

They can definitely do some damage, but sometimes they can be pretty bad, tactics-wise. Like these bolts.

They are a good ally to have however.