The Tau Telegraph Issue#3

DeletedUser15240

The Tau Telegraph
Issue #3

:pro::pro:Welcome:pro::pro:

Welcome to the 3rd issue of the so far successful Tau Telegraph. This weeks issue will be a bit shorter due to lack of time. As I am sure you will all know, Ford Prefect, my partner in time has left tau, so I decided to reach out for new staff. I am extremely pleased with the results. A couple were sadly too busy to do their article but will be helping on the next issue. I proudly present to you my new team of writers (and game makers):

Fingolfin-Writer
Apoll0911-Writer
-Achilles--Writer
Enderates-Writer
SkullyHoofd-Comic/game maker

In todays issue there will be an interview with players inside a few top alliances, an article on kicking players to protect stats, the milestones achieved this week, a comic and some games, an editors column on conquests and finally a light hearted article on players leaving to upsilon. Enjoy!​

(P)(P)Top Alliances-An Inside Opinion(P)(P)

~Written by curly123

I decided to grab an interview with some top players from top alliances to see what they thought of their alliance, and what it is like in there.

Olympus Almighty
Undefined1.4

How easy was it join the alliance?
It was incredibly easy to join; I joined the alliance in the initial mass recruit of the alliance where invitations went out to absolutely everyone on the face of the planet. How else would such an excellent MRA begin?!

How would you describe the alliance?
I'd describe Olympus Almighty as a powerhouse in the making. We've got a ton of really remarkable players, and with their help, I feel confident that we'll be able to bring some of our weaker players up to the level that they'll be able to compete with anything that comes their way.

What do you think of the founder?
Hm. Our founder, firing, is a pretty good guy. Unfortunately, he's not a nerd like some of us, so he's not nearly as active as we are. Still, that's all fine and dandy, we've got plenty of people to hold the alliance high while he's not around.

Do you see this alliance going a long way?
I see Olympus Almighty going a very long way. I hope to see it through to the end of the world, win or loss (hopefully a win!), but if it doesn't work out like that I won't cry. Much.

Who do you think you could soon be at war with and how well do you see you doing?
Well, while I don't think a full war will actually break soon, I expect that quite a few alliances are at war with us simply because our guys are kicking the crap out of them. That said, the only war in our future that would even be worth mention would be against Nightmares of Elysium. I think we'd be quite successful, and I believe that such a war would do us some good; trimming the fat from our alliance and sending it to the rim.

Nightmares of Elysium
OKCAdonis
Well I was invited by their leader before the world started. I knew him from XI and he had a convincing recruiting pitch.

Well led with a lot of good leaders. Sometimes its hard to have a lot of strong leader type personalities but they pull it off well.

He's a good player with not much of an ego and he seems like a quite level headed guy.

Yes. I would be shocked if it didn't.

Who do you think you could soon be at war with and how well do you see you doing?
Well thats for my leaders to decide. Me saying anything more specific could spark an international incident. :D

Kryptia
HippyHarry

I joined because Enfo joined and he is my fellow marine from the world Lambda.

its definatly a work in progress

I have not spoke with many people from the alliance including the founder

Yes, probably

(I)(I)Milestones and Awards(I)(I)
~Written by Fingolfin

Current Core Leaders
-O55: Olympus Almighty
-O54: Knights Templar
-045: Krypteia
-O44: THE MYRMIDONS

Player Milestones

2 Towns:
2nd: EmmaRay 3rd: Saintchill

10,000 Points
1st: Undead Armys, 2nd: luciusCornelius, 3rd: nobodyelse

2k Battle Points Attack
1st: luciusCornelius, 2nd: nobodyelse, 3rd: raistlin 580

2k Battle Points Defense
1st: Arthur1978 , 2nd:Solipsism, 3rd:kerneldeckerpc

2k Battle Points Total
1st luciusCornelius, 2nd Arthur1978, 3rd: nobodyelse

Alliance Milestones

25k Battle Points Attack
1st Nightmares of Elysium, 2nd: Olympus Almighty

10K Battle Points Defense

10k: 1st Nightmares of Elysium, 2nd: Olympus Almighty

Battle Points Total
25k Points: 1st Nightmares of Elysium, 2nd: Olympus Almighty
50k Points: 1st Nightmares of Elysium

(SW)(SW)Editors Column-Recent Hostilty(SW)(SW)
~Written by curly123

As I am sure you may have noticed there has been some recent hostility between Olympus Almighty and Nightmares of Elysium. They have both conquered 2 of each others inactives, but does this mean anything? To most alliances simply farming is an act of war, yet here are two alliances conquering each others cities, yet still no war has been declared? They are farming each other plentifully as well. However, I decided to talk to EBCkyle about the situation:

Would you agree there has been hostility between the two alliances?
Yeah the hostility started way before BP ended. I think as soon as the idea for this alliance was created there were certain members who made it their duty to let the other alliances know they were in trouble. Being as how Olympus Almighty was looked at as the MRA in the beginning, we naturally picked them out to destroy. Also being in our ocean didn't help matters
Do you see any future war occuring any time soon?
Most definitely. With two alliances this big, and with NoE being so aggressive; a war is inevitable.
How would you describe OA at this point?
They have good communication. They are working well together and they have put up a good fight thus far. I haven't seen any good attacks from them, but they put together nice defenses and have totally muted our offensive push thus far.
What would you see the outcome of this "future war" being?
The top guys of NoE are really the best of the best. Some of the top players of the top servers and to have them working together is something like watching the 1992 USA dream team. I can't see OA winning this war at all and don't know of any players they have to match with the likes of Mutzzy, OKCA, Atticus, Wansyth, etc. etc. There's just too many great players in NoE​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15240

Kicking Players to preserve a 100% conquest record- A smart move or a waste of time?
~Written by fingolfin

A practice coming into a few of the top alliances in servers is the booting of members who are under conquest in order to keep their conquest record free of conquests from enemy alliances but is there any point to it?
The main benefit to preserving the record is of course bragging rights; for an enemy alliance not to have conquered a city, especially in later stages is an impressive record and one that many top alliances strive to achieve.
But is there any actual benefit to it, does having a conquest loss on your record really make a difference. This seems to be very much a top alliance move with the majority of alliances not caring about having a loss on their record. Why do attitudes suddenly change when an alliance becomes top 12, does it make a difference then when it didn’t before?
It is however interesting to see in Tau that the first two conquests to be taken from an active alliance where from the top two alliances; Nightmares of Elysium and Olympus Almighty. Perhaps Tau will not be affected by these issues, I’m sure we will find out in the future.

Games
~Written by Skullyhoofd

H X G A M M L I R E A G T A U L F Q W Q
O P P O O M L H F T E A V W X Y N H J F
P S R T L I E A V F Y U R S V H L A A P I
L R E E S Y M P H D A W G T E A V G L P
I B G D A X M T R E A V R A D F G E W W
T A F G H Y T P C O M S E Q Q E C G S C
E M W H G Y U I U F V H P A E W M L S L
N I G H T M A R E S O F E L Y S I U M W
W P U M M F G I A E A B D F R S V L S O
L K H R V B M W G D A L W L K W R L E C
J S G F E W T Y V D A C M O M Q I E O I
R W S D F G P U M N B Z C I M N P F G K
N O O B R P T S L E W Q A C G E R T Y P
O M F H E O R N S A V E A E W H H I G L
T H M L S F W A E R T R R H M W T D G
T I M M E R M S N W L P O T T W T Y M

Tau
Nightmares of Elysium
Olympus Almightly
Noob
Slinger
Hoplite
New

Goodbye

Goodbye, I hope you enjoyed this issue, and the next will hopefully be released in a week or so

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm digging these articles curly, keep them up. Also, the second segment about the conquest record... I agree that the count doesn't matter. Who cares about a number that doesn't matter in the end? In the end, one thing matters; who gets 4 of the wonders built first? Not some silly matter of who has a higher conquest ratio.

DeletedUser

the second segment about the conquest record... I agree that the count doesn't matter. Who cares about a number that doesn't matter in the end? In the end, one thing matters; who gets 4 of the wonders built first? Not some silly matter of who has a higher conquest ratio.
hmmmm... i'd have to say that the conquests are what is gonna get an alliance to build 4 wonders, so growing an alliance through conquests is really what it is all about whether it's indirectly or not ;)

but i think the point is that a lost city is still a lost city. whether it shows on grepostats or not doesn't make ones alliance any stronger, so the booting and re-inviting thing is rather silly and can only lose you respect (as well as the besieged city)

good issue guys!

DeletedUser

but i think the point is that a lost city is still a lost city. whether it shows on grepostats or not doesn't make ones alliance any stronger, so the booting and re-inviting thing is rather silly and can only lose you respect (as well as the besieged city)

That's what I meant. Maybe I didn't make that quite clear. Of course conquests themselves matter, but the little number grepostats shows doesn't matter one bit. :p

DeletedUser17045

You should really edit the title to "Issue#3". It is currently "Issue #2" still. :)

DeletedUser6156

Great Paper Curly, next time we need a comment/quote from Muttzy ;)