Top 5 players.

DeletedUser

1 Age of Enlightenment Points:144735 Alliance:pacMan City's:15 Avg.point per city:9649

Mr.GoldPolis - is still at nr1 spot. He looking to stay there, he is also the top attacker, and looking to stay on the top there as-well. His alliance is now at rank 3. but this is only cause of the low member count. His conqest looks a bit easy, but he has taken out 1 city from SS and one from Infection - so he has not only taken easy "freebees" Looking strong, and is a nice dude..

2 I.Am.Noob 87973 Shadows Fall 11 7998

The Noob is ranked at 2 in ABP and 2 overall, is in the hot shot alliance (rank nr1) and looking mighty fine on the white horse of his.
he has been fighting all along, taking city's from left to right. (fire&ice, d3th(3 citys) and veritas prime and so on. he gonna be a hard contenter for the top spot if he keep it up...

3 cyprus64 85639 Rim Express 10 8564

Cyprusman is at third, don't know about him, but he got 10 city's and looking to stay on the top spot for a little while (until I get to him ofc.. lloll) He has fought and conquer a few freebeeis at the look of it, and is ranked 10th in the ABP rankings.. (not to good for a man in the top 5 world wide if u ask me.. )
4 the bat 81789 Shadows Fall 12 6816

zhe batman. looking strong and freash - is in SF as-well - looking good as a 70 year old man can be. he is ranked at 6th in the ABP so a neat place for him to be, think he gonna stay on the top 5 for a long time. (i hope :D )

5 Mac Edward 80316 Rim Express 11 7301

Last but not least, is mcdaddy Eddy. he got 11 city's and looking to speard his wings. He is ranked 7th in the ABP and looking mightyfine, but think he needs to pick a fight against someone who actually fight back. Taken two city's from the Wolf pack alliance, and not looking as strong as the other four over him, but he will prove him self when he takes a stronger target than the ones he has choosen =) (most also add, fist conquest he took a 1.5k city)

DeletedUser17088

Excellent breakdown of top 5 players

Achilles complaining about bias? oh the irony

DeletedUser

not a lot of homework done here i'm afraid and just a lot of assumptions
i can't speak for the rest but i do know that Mac (no.5) has passed up larger cities in favour of position as any smart player would do but he does it so he can help any player in his alliance if the need arises
he plays for the long term not quick points
Fail to plan is a plan to fail

DeletedUser

not a lot of homework done here i'm afraid and just a lot of assumptions
i can't speak for the rest but i do know that Mac (no.5) has passed up larger cities in favour of position as any smart player would do but he does it so he can help any player in his alliance if the need arises
he plays for the long term not quick points
Fail to plan is a plan to fail

Carebere my hero u are such a great philosopher got to +rep u for that one

Well alll say is the two from Rim Express are for sure not pro's at spamming.

but yea got to fully agree on Carebere's post or all get rimmed ;)

DeletedUser

Look a that, I don't even have to say anything, my fellow rimmers are quite fast to set the records straight.
Yes indeed I haven't been taking on the most difficult targets but I went for position (there's a plan at work as carebere said) and I helped clearing many of my alliance mates new cities when they were not yet ours. That doesn't show in the stats but anyway.
I'll drop in the ranking soon as I won't bring my cities above 10K and frankly I'm not the most interesting player to talk on but it was fun to be cited once, Thanks Hamero! +rep when I can

DeletedUser

Mr Goldopolis here. :cool:

I read this, and my thoughts were that this is an overly simplistic attempt at reviewing the top 5. Since a lot of top Gaul players have left due to IRL reasons in the last few weeks, the rankings have changed a lot and this includes the recent leave of Gomodo who was in the top 5 for a while, also one of the servers top attackers. As we can see a day has just passed and already another player has jumped into the top 5 pushing a few on this list down a place, will this player get reviewed too? I think it would be best to make ratings when the rankings stabilize down the track.

The only point I'll make about my conquests is to check my stats first, 8/15 of my colonizations are fellow alliance members who have left and these take priority, most of my other conquests have been in strategic positions for farming, helping out alliance members, or whatever need arises.

DeletedUser

1 Age of EnlightenmentMr.GoldPolis -

quite funny how ppl knock on someone for using gold. last time i checked gold is a part of this game just like taking ghost and inactive cities. so if someone wants to spend money on gold then let them who gives a poop. if someone wants to take ghost and inactive cities then let them. u dont know for sure if they are taking them for positioning or not so who are u to tell them they suck just bc they took a ghost or inactive city here and there. also i agree with AoE. still too early for a top 5 players ranking yet but congrats to the players that made this list.

DeletedUser

well one person we can be sure of being in the top 5 for a week or two more is AOE, he has 50K more points than anyone else :p (and Velael he called him self goldpolis, so other people call him that)

DeletedUser

i know he did but i have seen posts in the past about him using gold and thats what i was getting at.

DeletedUser345

(he called him self goldpolis, so other people call him that)

Actually i think it was orginally used by the SS founder on the forums? Someone said it and AoE read it and found it funny so he added it to his profile.

DeletedUser

when he says goldpolis he means 70K in the first week

I think you're confusing consumption with purchasing, as I tried explaining to you before; that number is the latter, although it is split a little with the short lived account I had on Chi as well which I was temporarily playing before I joined Psi.

If you want to talk about consumption in the first week, it was approximately 30k but not only did it include cutting down building construction to get a 7k city ridiculously fast, it also included well over 2k troops/ships, enormous amounts of silver for my cave, maxed out research, and abusing the merchant feature a few dozen times. Ever since, 99% of my gold usage has just gone to speeding up building construction, the 1% being a couple of olympic games, and a couple of times speed building a CS or some LS in the third week. Apart from the first week, it's nothing worth talking about at the level people have been whining about here on the external forums and elsewhere. To keep up the consumption level of my first week is beyond anybodies means, and the cutting down of troops/ships/research times is very costly in the end. If a player is willing to do that then he/she is entitled to do so.

Although I certainly haven't gained my number 1 rank purely off gold. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

AoE, do you remember me? I spammed you in the first week or so.