Alpha World Upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0

DeletedUser

Ok never mind I figured it out. Click the resource +/- thing in the center of the island. It's unnecessary though, why not include it as one of those main options. I'm not looking forward to putting this into practice when getting attacked, it's so awkward.

DeletedUser4013

Tyrion, you still haven't answered me and Rooster's point about Grepo in Bloom.

You have persistantly dodged the issue.

Many apologies for avoiding this topic. I was trying to find the gardeners so that they could be taken out to the shed and whipped with the hose. I was informed that we had a late planting, but that the grass and flowers should be in bloom for this spring.

DeletedUser

there are serveral problems,farming,scaning your cities,the mouse is being clicked to death, attacking people harder to organise as the same for defence,with moving to one city to another the mini makes stays on perious city and doesnt move automatic,checking out targets is also difficult, i hav quit one world totally delta, with alpha some big names hav left over the last year, and there was no need to up grade this mess to this world,this will kill off the world totally, i have 60 cities, i hav to conquer 480 farms, some have over 100 cities,800 farms to conquer, this is a major headake when you hav light and brime nukes, its a more a sea game than land game, after the 2 or 3 month period when you get ur first city up to speed, in my opinion this up grade is a down grade of the game

oh i never mentioned the crashes and errors as well i lost 200 lights to an internal yesterday, i wanted to go on a major ops yesterday and it messed it all up not good enough

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1594

an upgrade is an upgrade. an upgrade is not a down grade. that is why it's not called a down grade.

DeletedUser

I have to say that they really should have left Alpha alone the "upgrade" only made things worse I played on 2.0 when the first one came out and found it to be terrible. The fact that you have to conquer the villages is just a complete waste of time and now that we have world wonders up and running the world will end pretty fast we already have several alliances with wonders up and TWS already has a wonder on level 3 (darn you guys :) ). Saying that this game would take a long time to finish even with the world wonders in place was a big misunderstanding 3 levels built up in was it 3 or 4 days? So if your not happy with it it's not like the world will last much longer I'd give it maybe 3 months at tops and that's being really generous.

And as for a question I have posted in other forums BEFORE the update why didn't we do a world by world survey instead of all the 1.26 worlds in one?
By the way it really is more of a chore to do things now and I was already familiar with 2.0 everything thing is more complex, and every time I turn around I'm getting response errors. And you can only use the grouping of the cities when you buy the Administrator which sucks because that dies off every 100 days and that's really annoying. Oh and let's not forget Hades what was the point in him all I really see for his creatures are the best land creature from Zeus and the Cyclops from Poseidon there and just beefed up even more than them. Just who ever thought this was a great idea to update was wrong.

P.S. The 2 things that really bug me about 2.0 is the fact that when I go into my alliance forums when there is a new post it lights the tab up blue right? Well not for me because every time I've played 2.0 yes it lights up blue but then never goes back to the other color so now every tab is blue so when there is a new post I have to search every tab to find which one has a new post(s). Also Who had the bright idea to make the screen the map when you get in? Because now if I by accident move my cursor over a spot on an island with out a city there or anything else for that matter is stays on the screen until I do like 5 other things then one goes away but there is another that pops up blocking my view of things that I need to see. And yes they follow my cursor around like a sic puppy.

DeletedUser

an upgrade is an upgrade. an upgrade is not a down grade. that is why it's not called a down grade.

.... anyway

Whatever about all the interface changes etc., what about the lag and freezing? How am I supposed to time attacks when there's a likelihood that the game will freeze on me for up to, I don't know, roughly 2 - 8 seconds, or at least that seems to be the general delay.
I like to at least attempt to get attacks spaced less than 10 seconds apart where possible, a delay of even 2 seconds could completely ruin an entire set of attacks.
Are we going to see improvements with this? Or is the laptop I bought not even 5 months ago not powerful enough to handle a browser game?

DeletedUser

A upgrade means something is made better not worse so thats your argument blown to bits in what seems to be most peoples opion

DeletedUser1594

...blown to bits... sure. you got me there. .."most peoples opion" is that they don't like the upgrade. ..like or dislike, an upgrade is an upgrade. and by your definition of upgrade: something is made better not worse. i agree that it is a little better.

to remove the highlighted tabs after you've read them, you just have to refresh the window. you can click 'Alliance forum' from the list to the left while the window is already open, or sometimes i would select 'Mark forum as read' after i read the new post but that's only when the blue highlights bother me... darn rocker kids. You can also close the forum window and reopen it. That usually solves the problem.

I like Hades. Following the theme, he seems to be a vital figure even without the creatures and the God powers he brings along with him.

Sometimes, when pop up windows bother me, i close them. That usually seems to do the trick.
The game always had a lag. The new upgrade reduces the instances of lag, particularly when switching b/w cities. The lag itself when it does occur remains the same but it's not 2.0's fault. You've always had to adjust for the lag time.

Buying a new laptop has nothing to do with the game. And buying the new laptop doesn't mean you have an 'upgrade'. it still depends on the power and capabilities of the laptop regardless of when it was bought.

The most popular suggestion seems to be 'try Firefox'. i use it. It never froze on me. Since an incident on the first day, i have had no trouble with it so since.

DeletedUser

I have conquered 403 out of 432 farming villages. I have upgrades most of those to level 4. I am contributing to the WW site.

The world is not going to end unless it dips below 1000 players as decreed by the staff. Of course...that could change.

TW is in the lead for sure. Ever study how many mods are in their alliance?

DeletedUser

I am unaware of any mods in TW-S?

There are . . . if you do not trust me, I will point them out for you man. TWS used to have a lot more mods though. Time has seen that dwindle dramatically.

Richard

Strategos
I've just checked TW-S's member list, and I can confirm there are no current mods in that alliance. A few ex-mods, yes. No current whatsoever.

DeletedUser

I've just checked TW-S's member list, and I can confirm there are no current mods in that alliance. A few ex-mods, yes. No current whatsoever.

HaekelHansi is a mod. Just because they are not on this server does not mean anything.

Richard

Strategos
HaekelHansi is a mod. Just because they are not on this server does not mean anything.

My mistake, one mod. I still fail to see how that is relevant to their current standing? I'd also like to point out you implied multiple mods are in TW-S. One mod does not equate to multiple mods.

Sorry to jump on this, I just think its quite unfair to imply an alliance is only doing well because it contains mods. Especially if there is absolutely no grounding to the accusation whatsoever.

DeletedUser

to remove the highlighted tabs after you've read them, you just have to refresh the window. you can click 'Alliance forum' from the list to the left while the window is already open, or sometimes i would select 'Mark forum as read' after i read the new post but that's only when the blue highlights bother me... darn rocker kids. You can also close the forum window and reopen it. That usually solves the problem.

It doesn't solve the problem regardless if it's refreshed or not regardless on any world that I've been on that's 2.0 it's happened and goes away for some time but always comes back.

DeletedUser1594

well if the problem is that it turns blue and not b/c you can't remove the highlighted tabs, then i can't help you there.
Good luck trying to get someone to fix the problem. you should try submitting an InnoGames support ticket. Report the issue!