Hero worlds a bust?

DeletedUser

I think the hero world concept is great, I just wish Inno would stop being stubborn and insisting Achilles fill up, and just give us another hero world! I hear this over an over how many people are "waiting for the next HW", only to quit because it seems like we'll never see one.

There is a divide between morale/non-morale as well as revolt/conquest... and anyone who doesn't like conquest + morale is currently suffering.

It wouldn't be a smart move to release another HW even as half as frequent as the regular worlds that are being churned out of late, the membership for each would be considerably less. If anything, IG needs to slow down a bit. Perhaps this is just a bias of mine, but I prefer starting a great world, with great settings, with as many as possible.

DeletedUser8790

Now they have twin worlds opening? ever get the feeling that the hero worlds will be scrapped completely? Can we just have the new hero worlds features added to the new standard world's please? unless inno has something new planned I suppose that is a possibility.

DeletedUser

Inno something planned.... Oh god.

I hope it's not another bad idea like Morale or World Wonders.... (debatable)

DeletedUser5554

actually morale worlds outnumber non-morale worlds 3 or 4 to 1 from what i've noticed this seems a bit unfair to people like me who want to actually fight. for instance in omicron im 10k points and surrounded by TS members (top 12 alliance) NONE of them attack me because of morale so the rim is a bore :/ in gamma in slow periods i still got some kinds of attacks on my cities when i played

DeletedUser

There was an idea that me, theonlythomas, and Asth had in the works to gradually reduce the number of morale worlds by implementing a Training world, not sure what the status of that is at present. Grepolis does need one as opposed to countless newb (morale) worlds, where one form of 'abuse' is replaced by another.

DeletedUser12512

I believe the problem doesn't rest with the number of worlds or the frequency that they are released, rather it sits squarely on the fact that there is no significant achievable end game for a server, and the playerbase is spread too thin as a result to accomodate long term playability

We all either jump from server to server looking for new battles to 'pseudo-win' or sit on a dieing world filled with false hope that somehow it will get better.

It's time (imo) to implement a 3 month achievable 'milestone' (end-game) into the game where the server literally dies when it is achieved. (you are automatically sent to colonize in a new world)

Players/alliances tend to jump ship when they aren't doing as well as they expected. The best way to stop that from being a detriment to a server is to prevent the 'new worlds' from opening every 2 weeks and change it to every 3 months with the players knowing that they can 'do something' to stop the top alliance if they band together. Enforce the 'fight over flight' mentality.

My suggestion is to take the server milestones as a framework and every time an alliiance acheives another milestone their 'world wonder' becomes closer to being completed - no resources needed, just alliance progression - you can lose your progression by losing the last alliance held city on the island you select for your wonder island, but you don't need to hold all 20 slots, you don't need to colonize, you don't need to farm if you don't want too, or send resources anywhere, you simply need to fight for the right to be the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think we are definitely due a revolt hero world.

Preferably 2 or 3 speed with no morale, as its a "hero" world so surely it has to be no morale in my opinion

DeletedUser

2.0 introduced. 1.26 conversion. Hero World launched. 2.0 worlds closing up. Years time - 3.0

DeletedUser

Still doesn't look like I'm ever going to get into a Hero World...

Stupid requirement to found a city...

DeletedUser

Just the whole founding idea...

I much prefer conquering, it's a lot funner/demanding/rewarding.

Just don't enjoy the idea of going all bob the builder on a new city.

(P.S I meant requirements of entry into a Hero World)

DeletedUser

WW island,you need to colonize a city there unless it is already full of other cities. Or just colonize a city in a good spot.

DeletedUser13405

I get it WAVEBREAKER and didn't like wasting the 200+ CP to found one either. I did it cause I thought HWs would be coming out without morale. My advice is to wait till a HW is about to be released with decent settings and then waste the CP.

DeletedUser

WW island,you need to colonize a city there unless it is already full of other cities. Or just colonize a city in a good spot.

lol my alliance have pretty much filled them already.

I get it WAVEBREAKER and didn't like wasting the 200+ CP to found one either. I did it cause I thought HWs would be coming out without morale. My advice is to wait till a HW is about to be released with decent settings and then waste the CP.

Still this whole Founding requirement is completely unreasonable... Which good player wants to waste a lot of CP on a 750 city?

DeletedUser

Its still not really that big of a deal. One Culture level is roughly 3 days of festivals, and you will also never have to found that city again,

DeletedUser

Its still not really that big of a deal. One Culture level is roughly 3 days of festivals, and you will also never have to found that city again,

Still a 750 point city over a 10k mammoth city? Hmm... I know which one I'd go for.

DeletedUser

If you want to enter that badly then just use 1 slot for a city :) The HW is pretty good, cool to try new worlds with new things.

DeletedUser20824

I play in Achilles quite a bit and i'm not so sure manipulation of the standard variables (speed, etc.) is the problem (and clearly there is a proble. The hero worlds were supposed to be COOL! Where is the imagination here? Yes, I know everything has to be planned to the nth, but still. While there is some evidence that focus has been turned toward heroes (the ability to steal favor, etc.), it is too limited.

Puny humans, Quests, and relations with the gods:
If this is a hero world, then make it one. In a REAL hero world the emphasis would TRULY be on the heroes. There heroes should be statistically more powerful here. And how about some quests (lists of actions that must be completed for some gloriously cool reward). What hero doesn't have to complete a quest? And then the fact that heroes are typically offspring of the gods--so why not allow them to pray directly to the gods (prayers cost, but gain things--weapons, powers, etc.).

And finally: if you can steal favor in a hero world, why can't you trade it and even buy it?

Some thoughts. How about a little creativity folks? This hero thing should be 'fun', 'fun', 'fun'!

Katlian