Hyperborea world discussion thread

DeletedUser5554

i have a funny story about this server kinda...i joined in ocean 56...so far im beggining to believe im surrounded by EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER HATED ME EVER! names including the alliance alpha (possibly) and people from ithica. building peacefully would be fun possibly just not for me its legit going to be trolling 101

DeletedUser

Additional notes about Hyperborea
You are still able to attack and destroy troops belonging to other players.
You are able to colonize new cities.
You cannot conquer a city owned by another player.
You can conquer ghost cities.

How do you exactly take a ghost? Siege or what?

DeletedUser

There is going to be plenty of fighting. The tactics for surviving are just going to be different. If you have a world you are happy with, enjoy it. :D

DeletedUser

can you attack people when a colony is being built? It's been so long I forget lol I could see that being fun, snping colony setups.

Otheriwse I revert back to my previous remarks.

Also +1
WELL GREPOLIS IS A WAR GAME! why don't they launch a no city festival world, where bp is the only way to take new cities! but no, they will launch a simming world!

DeletedUser

ROFL Pythagorus :)

Yeah if you don't survive it's gonna be a pretty big epic fail.

Haha if someone can get the Award Victim in this World they will so be my new Hero.

DeletedUser

maybe change a rule. "You cannot conquer the player's main city but can conquer his other/colonial cities"

DeletedUser

can i ask what speed it's on and how long it's been out
Speed: 2
Unit Speed: 1
Night Bonus
BP: 5 days
Its been out since March 10, 2010
Oh the Germans have done it! Let's all follow blindly! :p

Oh my daiz

Grepolis= WAR GAME!!!!!
Sim City= Building in peace

we have discussed for a world like this coming here for quite some time now, we would have gotten it sooner had we not run into complications.

Nice move, or not.

I'll say thank you and goodbye. This just shows that InnoGames finally reached the point where they can't turn back. I'ts a shame really, but with this I'm done with Grepolis.

good bye :) but like i've said, the german server has had a world just like ours for over 2 years, and i am sure u have played within the last 2 years. so the reason u are leaving now is because ? (think)

How do you exactly take a ghost? Siege or what?

depending on the conquest type. in conquest you would go about it just like taking any other city. in revolt all you have to do is successfully like a CS (CS, LS, Birs, Trannys and troops in one attack) and you are fine.

DeletedUser

23487 Players

Seems the players have voted, they like it by playing on it.

DeletedUser

Looks like they metaphorically voted with their feet, kind of makes the multiple pages of negativity pointless.

DeletedUser

23487 Players

Seems the players have voted, they like it by playing on it.

Ummm...
Lots of players joined cause I challenged someone to try to get the Victim Award.
Lost of players joined cause they wanted to see how rubbish Grepolis was becoming
Lost of players joined merely cause they wanted to see how HYPERBOREa would work
Lots of players joined cause they wanted to see how the new series of Worlds would crop out to be
Lots of players joined to see how boring Hyperborea would be
Lots of players joined because they wanted to be part of something new

A few small number of players joined because they wanted to play HYPERBOREa.

In a year or so, re-check. Let's see how many players are still playing then.

Btw the mod who named this World Hyperborea, you are my new hero.

DeletedUser

depending on the conquest type. in conquest you would go about it just like taking any other city. in revolt all you have to do is successfully like a CS (CS, LS, Birs, Trannys and troops in one attack) and you are fine.
I meant in Hyperborea :)

DeletedUser

I like the idea of this world.... to be honest I have a rule... I never conquer the city of someone who hasn't tied to conquer one of mine.

Lame I know... its okay to ridicule me on that one.

Its just a stupid Rooster Self Rule.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of this world.... to be honest I have a rule... I never conquer the city of someone who hasn't tied to conquer one of mine.

Lame I know... its okay to ridicule me on that one.

Its just a stupid Rooster Self Rule.

Hmmm that's the first bad Rooster Rule I've come across.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't understand what joining this world achieves. There isn't any point in alliances existing and no point in attacking anyone. Noobs won't find it helpful because they won't be able to learn how to defend a city properly or how to conquer one. It sounds tedious to be honest.
But whatever floats your boat lol :)

DeletedUser15240

Ummm...
Lots of players joined cause I challenged someone to try to get the Victim Award.
Lost of players joined cause they wanted to see how rubbish Grepolis was becoming
Lost of players joined merely cause they wanted to see how HYPERBOREa would work
Lots of players joined cause they wanted to see how the new series of Worlds would crop out to be
Lots of players joined to see how boring Hyperborea would be
Lots of players joined because they wanted to be part of something new

A few small number of players joined because they wanted to play HYPERBOREa.

In a year or so, re-check. Let's see how many players are still playing then.

Btw the mod who named this World Hyperborea, you are my new hero.

Very very very few people joined the last hero world. Does that mean no one wants to play that ;)?

DeletedUser

Very very very few people joined the last hero world. Does that mean no one wants to play that ?

Take a look at Beta forum, its dead. Just because you cannot conquest does not mean you cannot attack. This new world seems like another browser game, no conquesting there either but there are still lots of wars.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't understand what joining this world achieves. There isn't any point in alliances existing and no point in attacking anyone. Noobs won't find it helpful because they won't be able to learn how to defend a city properly or how to conquer one. It sounds tedious to be honest.
But whatever floats your boat lol :)

Apart from the lack of conquest, it can be a training world for newer players.