Hyperborea world discussion thread

DeletedUser

Hmmm that's the first bad Rooster Rule I've come across.

Oh... NO. NO.

That's not a Rooster Rule for playing the game.... that's a Rooster's rule for playing the game.

See?

Its totally different. Its like comparing apples and orangutans.

No one here should follow that rule.

Its a STUPID rule. Its not even a rule... its a personal restriction.

Its the quickest way to lose other players' respect and probably lose the game...

Its just a silly limitation I put on myself because of some heartbreaking early battles in Alpha, some unresolved personal issues and the ill-founded advice of my court appointed psychiatrist.

DeletedUser

@Horus: But the new players won't be able to learn the key aspects of the game i.e being able to snipe cs' and time your attacks properly. The only thing it would achieve is getting these new players to adopt bad habits.

DeletedUser

@Horus: But the new players won't be able to learn the key aspects of the game i.e being able to snipe cs' and time your attacks properly. The only thing it would achieve is getting these new players to adopt bad habits.

They can still try to time attacks and support, yes there is no conquest attempt to justify this, but they can learn and practice doing these when reading up about the game while in Hyperborea.

The only factor truly lost is the ability to learn how to take or keep your city during a takeover.

DeletedUser

so how do you win...

There is no winning, that is the purpose of training. Do athletes win gold, silver, and bronze for practicing? No, they don't, they only win medals when they step up to something more competitive like the Commonwealth/Olympic games, that is the purpose of competition in the first place. If you have no means to eliminate people somehow, or to choose a victor, then it isn't much of a competition, is it?

DeletedUser

There is no winning, that is the purpose of training. Do athletes win gold, silver, and bronze for practicing? No, they don't, they only win medals when they step up to something more competitive like the Commonwealth/Olympic games, that is the purpose of competition in the first place. If you have no means to eliminate people somehow, or to choose a victor, then it isn't much of a competition, is it?

Simming practicing?

DeletedUser14378

wow,please do not open this type of worlds anymore.

even better fire worker who came up with this proposal :p

DeletedUser

This world is going to be... Interesting. I'm thinking that victory is when you farm players everyday and knock out their city wall

DeletedUser

...or repeatedly clear them of units, stating that having done so, they would be easy captures in a world with conquest/revolt. :p

DeletedUser8396

The only winning condition is basically farming someone to the point of desperation / rage quitting.

It doesnt seem fun to me, and I expect the world to die down in a few months...as WB said.

DeletedUser

Just wonder, does anyone know if you can get heroic tactician award with Hyperborea? Just curious as I would be interested in getting this award from that world if it is possible.

DeletedUser30767

Just wonder, does anyone know if you can get heroic tactician award with Hyperborea? Just curious as I would be interested in getting this award from that world if it is possible.

For heroic tactician award you need to conquer a city.... as there is no way to conquer in this world, so no heroic tactician award.. :)

DeletedUser4013

Yes, it is possible. Even though the technology isn't available, you can still conquer a Ghost and meet the requirements necessary for the award. Whether the award will be given is yet to be seen.