Update to 2.41 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

I am okay with the changes, no wall for the farming villages makes it easier. I am okay with no more Brothel, never used the option anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The wall is still there until you conquer it the first time. It's just that if you manage to revolt the farm later the wall won't still be there.

DeletedUser

The wall is still there until you conquer it the first time. It's just that if you manage to revolt the farm later the wall won't still be there.

I understood that term, after I re-read it. Yeah, I guess that change is good.

DeletedUser25249

Im glad the defense bonus has been adjusted, kind of ruined the existing worlds where a turtle just sat back and laughed.

DeletedUser26213

Will the 30% attack and defense bonuses in our inventory be nerfed to 5/10% too?

DeletedUser38224

Just kind of an average update. No really major changes, I guess inno didn't want a repeat of the last two updates :p

DeletedUser8790

Will the 30% attack and defense bonuses in our inventory be nerfed to 5/10% too?

Can someone answer this? SHoudl we use these now before they become useless? Oh nevermind, I just needed to look up

DeletedUser23516

No more brothels? Have fun explaining that to my villagers.

DeletedUser

you will find my comments in italics and words from the official post in bold

-The wall levels of the eighth farm village are now removed once the village has been conquered;
seems more like a bug fix that should have happened a long time ago
-A few changes have been made to the Island Quests :
1.The spawn timers of the quests have been modified from 2, 3, 4 hours to 2, 4, 8 hours;

won't effect us immediately, but as the game progresses it will drastically decreases our rate of getting island quests. From 0-10k points is the first spawn timer, 10k-50k will become 4hours, and 50k+ will double in time to 8hours.
2.The attack and defense boost rewards have been adjusted from 30% to 10% (attack) and from 30% to 5% (defense);
In the long run it is for the better as it balances the game out.
3.The brothel has been replaced with a tavern in the corresponding quest;
lol, someone said how this rly isn't pg13 on the .us forums and look what they did... Haha
4.The spawn probability of storyline quests have been slightly adjusted to the spawn timers.
this will come into very distinct play when rare spawn hero quests are a part of the game as well as the hero mechanic. It sounds like they become more common the less the quests spawn, well it rly doesn't say but that would be the logical edit.
-Community request: added a spoiler bbcode for messages and alliance forums.
i think this will be very helpful in organizing OPs and just generally keep the forums neater.

-Vys

DeletedUser

3.The brothel has been replaced with a tavern in the corresponding quest;
lol, someone said how this rly isn't pg13 on the .us forums and look what they did... Haha
-Vys

Had been waiting for this for some time....I am always surprised how yankees get offended by sex. Simple words that a 10 year old understands...but have not issue with showing 7 year olds violence and other hard stuff

DeletedUser

Im glad the defense bonus has been adjusted, kind of ruined the existing worlds where a turtle just sat back and laughed.

Not any more of a laugh when someone can do a HC with 1 unit, with 100% success rate.

DeletedUser

You could get negative research points by demolishing academy.

Of course we could, in all our cities we did (does this mean we won't be able to any more?)
And when cats destroy the academy will researches vanish into tin air?

just wondering...

DeletedUser

I don't have as big a problem with this as others - seems fair enough that a single unit could slip in close enough to get info back about what they saw in the harbor, since that could be spotted from fairly far off (and sent back via some communications means). Also, you can't be a very large player and attack with only 1 unit . . . number of units needed to launch an attacks does scale depending on the points of the attacker vs the defender.

I'm just sayin lol.

DeletedUser

You could get negative research points by demolishing academy.

So how will this work then if you currently have negative research points in a city? Can someone confirm im not going to log in after the update to see all research above my current academy level disappear? And also what will happen if someone uses Stonehail in the hero world? I assume you will be allowed to have negative research then?

This to me is similar to the HC issue (though to a much lesser extent) these aren't "Bugs" they have been in the game ever since I started playing so are more quirks of the game.

DeletedUser

Edit- Whoops, sorry, misread the posts.

Last edited by a moderator: