Pnp What's an OP?

DeletedUser

Uhhhhhhhhhh, what's an OP?

An OP Is an abbreviation which stands for Operation.

It seems as if many of you either don't know what one is or don't have the kahunas to try one out. So I thought I'd cook you all in Dreadfleet and your pals over at A-Team a little guide to running Operations. For all you other first time or up and coming founders, take note and bring this to your leadership councils immediately. It's fresh off the press.

Step 1.) Look at the map; pick a target.

2h72oag.png

Step 2.) Decide your objective.

Generally there are two different type of OP's you can run. Player rimming (A great example is what BOOM recently did to Maximum65) Or what we're using in this example is an island takeover OP. Concept is pretty simple, pick an island, chose your targets, make your claims.

Step 3.) Coordinating a synchronized landing time.

Picking a coordinated landing time is essential as it splits up an enemies support and creates panic. Do some research on your enemies and figure out their offline times. It can be beneficial to launch at a time an enemy is expected to be sleeping. It's not hard to find this info and post it neatly ~

5x98k0.png

In this example we set our coordinated landing time to 12:00:01. Here are our results:

dpygpc.png
15:38:05
13:11:56
12:39:25
12:07:30
12:00:52
12:00:10

Not a smashing success but one got sniped and we had to re-launch a second CS and the other two were a little off due to technical difficulties (;

Step 4.) Well detailed posts

2ludj5t.png

I didn't hit on it before, but inside step 3 while you're tracking your enemies, make sure you're gathering other Intel on them such as spy reports. Don't be a fool and go in blind, you never know what you'll come out with. We spent over 100k spybombing this one. Also: Make sure whoever makes the thread can update the top post.. There's nothing worse then digging through the entire thread to know what's going on.

Step 5.) Before and After

Before
2h72oag.png

After
2ljm03o.png

In conclusion

Get off your lazy bums, and actually do something. Score is still 0-0 between Dreadfleet and A-Team.. *YAAAAAAWN* ... Go to your little round tables, get the play-doh out and put something together. I don't know.. maybe you prefer legos (Some of you maybe backtrack to MEGABLOCKS) and build a well planned OP. I want to see this stalemate gone. You can't win a "war" sitting around looking at each other.

Message from our sponsor; Eat a snickers. Why DW? Because when you're hungry you get a little....

f0nv37.jpg
Sponsored by

image.php

You guys seen the new DT commemorative wallpaper courtesy of paras?

http://i.imgur.com/UUbR0Ja.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Would love on you but I need to spread it elsewhere for now... OPs will come, don't worry ;)

-Vys

DeletedUser

the guide is much appreciated, we have just learned how to launch attacks today- we would be lost without you deathwish.

DeletedUser

this must be a guide for elite players, I better get off the externals before I confuse myself.

I mean he even defined "Op", this is overwhelming information.

DeletedUser

I didn't hit on it before, but inside step 3 while you're tracking your enemies, make sure you're gathering other Intel on them such as spy reports. Don't be a fool and go in blind, you never know what you'll come out with. We spent over 100k spybombing this one. Also: Make sure whoever makes the thread can update the top post.. There's nothing worse then digging through the entire thread to know what's going on.

sorry but this line is wrong... for reasons which you know are obvious :p

DeletedUser41523

the guide is much appreciated, we have just learned how to launch attacks today- we would be lost without you deathwish.

Now maybe our O45 friends can be decisive in their fighting. :)

In seriousness best of luck guys. Also unturtle if that's the case.

DeletedUser

all of our opponents here in O45 are turtling, its demanding :D

DeletedUser

noooo... I built one for fun once and my city was never spied on...

Is it a function change or just are get rid?

As long as they don't get rid of the merchant shop, I don't mind XD

Lighthouses and merchant's shops rulez :pro: