RFID Chip Implant in Humans - Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

The RFID microchip (radio-frequency identification) has been around for a while now. Fort those tht do not know, the RFID chip is a microchip that is placed in or on an item, pet, other humans, etc. that aid in information storage and various other things.

Whether the implantment of these chips should be mandatory in humans is a highly debated topic. There are many pros and cons for each side.

Pros are things such as:

Reduced Identity theft
Increased security
Convenient purchasing (chip can function similar to a debit/credit card)
Others (I want you to do some research)

Cons are:

Reduced privacy
Non-encrypted data can give incredible amounts of marketing data if companies hacked it
Possible cancer risk
Mark of the Beast (Revelations 13:15-18)

So, are you for this to be implanted, against it, or would die before you had it implanted?

Again, this is about the chip in HUMANS, not items or pets.

I will give my views after this topic takes flight.

DeletedUser33530

Mark of the beast lol. They said the same thing about social security.

DeletedUser33530

OK just need to get that out. Volunteering for it is fine but ypi shouldn't force people into having it.

DeletedUser

666....nah just kidding :D

Would I want one of these things? No. Could I care less if others did by their own free will? Yes.

DeletedUser29066

DeletedUser8396

Ok, so it may not be good for it to be mandatory, but how about this:

Is this worth implementing or having in people?

DeletedUser

If you are willing. I mean it's not that much different from the Google Glasses, (except the google glasses can be taken off :D)

DeletedUser29066

Is this worth implementing or having in people?

If it were solely for the purpose of identification I would say yes, but simply having one implanted would then also allow tracking, and I don't want anyone to track me while I'm peeking in windows at the old folks home every Wednesday night (that's BINGO night BTW)

DeletedUser29066

Not exactly on topic, but heard that someday soon there would be medical sensors that could actually be tattooed on a person that could monitor for things like potential heart attack and give a warning up to 48 hrs in advance. Now that could be extremely beneficial.

DeletedUser

Not exactly on topic, but heard that someday soon there would be medical sensors that could actually be tattooed on a person that could monitor for things like potential heart attack and give a warning up to 48 hrs in advance. Now that could be extremely beneficial.

Well that would be a great thing, but the whole purpose of this thing was to actually track people. This was the whole idea, which was prompted from terrorist attacks in the US.

But to be fair, if I had that thing attached to me and I was alarmed that I'd have a heart attack in 48 hours, it would become instant LOL.

DeletedUser

I would fight it, purely because anything is hackable these days.... Credit cards are, if this is the same tech, all people need is a magnetic reader with a few mods and they can still steal your identity or fudge them, making the thing pointless to install in the first place.

Also mark of the beast :p

DeletedUser

I don't want a foreign object in my body. Implementing it inside a human body will require an invasive operation and introduce a foreign object into my body. Also, can you provide a bit more background about this a pebble? Are there any concerns about antibodies, or does the chip have markers on it to identify it as non-threatening. Also, what frequency will the chips operate at? Anything about chemical breakdown of the chip in the body? I presume it'll be made out of stable material, but what is the durability and under what conditions have they been tested?

Just checked wikipedia. I presume that since some people have it implanted and there's nothing in the news, that no negative effects have been discovered or reported yet.

DeletedUser29066

I don't want a foreign object in my body. Implementing it inside a human body will require an invasive operation and introduce a foreign object into my body

If you had a heart condition requiring the use of a pacemaker would you object for the same reason or would you agree due to medical necessity?

DeletedUser

If you had a heart condition requiring the use of a pacemaker would you object for the same reason or would you agree due to medical necessity?

Fine. Let me change to not wanting an invasive operation unless it's absolutely necessary. Nitpicking here, but a valid one.

DeletedUser39847

This is one of those ideas that literally disturbs me :D

Technology can and will always be abused and to have one of these chips inside a human with relevant info on identity is a recipe for disaster....

Personally I would say a branding is more ideal....but human rights and all that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.