Another Alliance bites the Dust

• Thread starter Shahanshah Alexander
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Midgard have disappeared.. I was just making a battle op against them this afternoon, they still had 102 members predominantly in Ocean 56 and now they seem to have vanished... Anyone know what happened?

DeletedUser43485

If I'm not mistaking, some even ended up in TS. Talking about "if you can't beat them...".

DeletedUser

As former Fouder of Midgard, I can tell you that most of the enemies (many were Founders) of Midgard fled to TS: Ab-lincoln, X666X, Gizmo-666, Ausrit, minotaur, Jalabhar Xho, Ronald Charmony, and others, fled to TS (except the Founder of LOC who's allied with TS and created this thread, and Snow-stark who quit). Some of the major players of Midgard turned traitor and joined TS rather than be conquered, the cowards (Thanatos the 2nd, a few others whose names I forget). The actives of Midgard merged mainly into Death Plague. The inactives were cannabilized.

We were #4 in the world and #1 in our ocean, but ya'll are correct: TS happened. Now Death Plague is #4 and TS is #1 in Oc 56, followed by the TS lapdogs, LOC and Branch.

This world had started with a larger percentage of first-time players than most worlds, and most of those newbs have since quit the world, moreso than the usual number of 175 point city quiters. Midgard was no different, most of our newbs quit the world when it was apparent that Midgard was losing to TS.

TS took some smaller cities, attempted constantly to take Spartian's capital, and gs took a larger city on our "stronghold" island to prove his point (and succeeded quite well in that). Then Lollip took my capital, which was one of our largest cities in Midgard at the time. And then it was just one city after the other being taken by TS and her allies, eventually taking Spartians capital. Then we fled to other oceans if we could.
Olympus fell apart completely with our dissappearance, as we created it and kept it going. FEE and Dark Angels had created no small amount of dissonance prior to our demise, and thus weakened the coalition into ineffectiveness, and hastening its demise.

There, now you know the bare bones of the story,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fled's a big word Learicus,

Realization of truths perhaps might be more fitting that we can strut how we like to in some alliances and TS was the one for me, To say fled you institute perhaps that i was in some kind of trouble or related, but if you check my stats (defence wise and city losses) you would perhaps see that i infact was not :) .......as some others may be attempting to point out. ;)

As for the "Court Of Olympus" well, in my meager opinion it was doomed from the start, you can't have that many differing opinions/Ego's going at the same time, I think i remember constant word battles in those joint tabs heavily instituted by Midgard members followed by threats then, instigated by a few larger perhaps members at that time. You threw fiery tempers into the equation along with again what seemed like larger than life ego's from what (for anybody knew) could be coming from 10 year olds. Breaking up pacts then joining them again, then breaking up again and joining so on so forth.

Now again if i remember correctly Midgard relied heavily on her allies for support, when the court of olympus didn't serve that purpose Midgard did as any alliance would do in that circumstance and cut ties so to speak, informally and formed in the background a pact with TS which again (and i only presume this as i was not present in TS at this time) Midgard relied heavily upon however...and this is more presumptions, The tables would be turned this time round as Midgard was so used to relying on others as they were spread across most of the world they did not see that other alliances such as TS would recognise their abundant need for outside support, naturally this would not be acceptable ergo Midgard found themselves on the wrong side of TS's swinging arm as pacts only last as long as the 2 sides benefit each other and i can't imagine The Syndicate would be the side benefiting from Midgard but off course i am happy to stand corrected on that if a reputable corrector comes to do so.

My advice next time would be, stick to the one ocean for the first few months on recruitment, don't be so eager to spread your wings across the world :)

Peace out man! :D Make Love not War

DeletedUser

I was in The Syndicate at the time, but I don't really think there was any pact between them and us, but I might be wrong, since I was not a leader. Anyways, we were attacking the same alliances from time to time, such as FEE, but other than that there wasn't really much going on.

DeletedUser

first off: excelllent responses everyone, thank you. I am too used to having to deal with Achilles' ego in this worlds forums.

second: "Fled" was mainly for "dramatic effect", but some did actually flee to TS. I write long novel-like posts anyway, so no one wants me to list the actions and supposed motives of every person I mentioned. And yes, Ausrit, I knew you did not flee after you left ...the Horde wasn't it?

third: TS and Midgard were never pacted. We had a NAP for a week at most, and just to buy us some time, which everyone knew they would not keep...and they didn't LOL

fourth: Ausrit was correct on how bad the forums were in Olympus...way too much fighting...and yes, many pre-teen founder's egos! It didn't help that Dark Angels stood apart and acted suspicious all the time, as well as the fact that their founder doesn't speak english well, which confused many. X666X (FEE) did act exactly like an 8 year old with temper tantrums and the like, and I called him on it. As he continued his personal tirades and demanding "I want candy now!" (that's a joke), the rest of the alliances wanted him out, and since FEE didn't kick him out of their alliance/form a new alliance, Olympus kicked FEE out and went to war. DA just caused problems all the time in the forums and constantly accusing everyone of attacking their cities, and did not help anyone in Ops. My opinion: DA not to be trusted.

fifth: gs, you did an awesome job of kicking our butts! You knew we wouldn't get help from anyone else, because they were so afraid of TS. Kudos to the max, dude! :cool: On some other world, I WANNA be in your alliance!...You ROCK! Like mr.Zero, I can appreciated a game "well played", and gs did and does.

sixth: Olympus wasn't necessarily doomed from the start, but egos did get in the way and made us ineffective. Our combined might, if working together as a unified front (which is what Sparty and I were trying to do), could have taken out TS in two weeks. gs knew this and he also knew that we wouldn't be able to work together effectively to do this, at least by the time we failed in taking out LOC quickly. He was correct again.

seventh: Spreading to other oceans...from a certain point of view. While we did not personally expand into other oceans more than just a few cities, we did take-in refugees and mergers from other alliances in other oceans. So on the maps, it would look like we were expanding into other oceans. This was planned that way to make ourselves look bigger than we actually were; and we knew it was a risk.

This leads to my last point, eighth: Ausrit is not the only one to have the impression that Midgard received/relyed on a lot of support. That is an idea we cultured to dissuade others from attacking us. The truth is, until we went to war with LOC, Midgard had not received any help from anyone, ever. Even with LOC, the help was minimal. It was mainly FEE, DA, and Midgard separately working on a war with the same alliance. We knew we weren't getting any help from anyone, and we worked constantly on a way to change that. gs knew that by the time he Challenged us to remove him from our city. At that time, we had barely over two dozen players with CS, and little more than a dozen players with Conquest. And most of them "Fled" Midgard's sinking ship soon after we couldn't remove gs from our island. "fled"...well, what else would you call it? A "strategic transfer"? Thanatos was just the first. Hey, the guy actually "whined" in all-caps about losing 200 troops in our very first OP. Sheesh, what a "cooperative" attitude. LOL (sarcasm intended) I wouldn't let the guy into a future alliance if he brought me a crown. NOT a team player, but he was one of our early point leaders, so we kept him.

So apparently, Midgard was more "show than go" but I learned alot imo, and it was not a bad alliance, just a weak one. Leadership spent alotta time on training first timers, who ended up quitting anyway when the going got hard.
"lesson learned" (inserted checkmark here).

Midgard did far more than an MRA due to Leaderships' efforts, but the alliance membership itself was, essentially an MRA.

DeletedUser

Just a few more words on Olympus...

Olympus in its "heyday" had 20 alliances, and over a thousand players (I stopped counting at a thousand), with about a hundred players with Conquest. Olympus made 5 main mistakes, and I have corrected 2 of them for my next Coalition on a future world.
Yeah, I like Coalitions...its the only way to take out the BIG BOYS. This was my third Coalition, and I keep getting better with every one. My first was on Farsala with 2500 players (mostly MRAs though), that I assisted with merging into Sons of Anarchy and her sister alliances to combat Paraclete, NewDawn, PantaRhei, and TBDI.

4 other copycat coalitions were formed after Olympus (the first one even copied our "promo" in their alliance profile, LOL). Antigonian Guard/Angordia is the only survivor that I know of from those coalitions. Dimmy is a regular poster here, but I don't know what happened to Warwolves.

Olympus is no more, and there is now a fifth coalition geared toward anti-TS, but it too, is too fractured to be effective. Only time will tell what the future of Zacky holds (apart from TS World Domination).
Good luck to you all, and I'll...(read my siggy)

DeletedUser42857

4 other copycat coalitions were formed after Olympus (the first one even copied our "promo" in their alliance profile, LOL). Antigonian Guard/Angordia is the only survivor that I know of from those coalitions. Dimmy is a regular poster here, but I don't know what happened to Warwolves.

Warwolves plays by phone so he doesnt visit the main forum much anymore. On the coalitions. We were in one very early on with Temple Guard and a few others which former founder kept putting us in, pulling us from. Then the same happened with Angordia, who created the Confederation of United Alliances, or was it the united alliances federation, or the peoples front of judea, who knows. The problem there was that the leader of Angordia was more obsessed with deciding on a flag (that took a month) than actually doing anything (we got blamed for destroying that coalition because of our general apathy :D)

The most recent one was the slightly hilarious anti-syndicate one which involved inviting the syndicates allies to the shared forum tab (a moment of genius if ever there was one). We were in on that, in a very much fence sitting role, we offered advice, spent a fair while drawing up ideas for people, the trouble is, most alliances who joined that didnt actually have a plan, nor were they particularly interested in having a plan. The only ones who seemed to have an idea were the midgard leaders but by then they were pretty much in dire straights anyway. I think my suggestion to Midgard was "youre doomed". We recently attacked an alliance that we had no pact with, had never had any discussions or contact with and their response was "i thought we were on the same side, you were in that shared forum tab".. well sorry, saying yes to a shared tab and reading what goes on in it and then leaving it doesnt make us allies. takes more than that.

Coalitions can work, but they require a number of things. Alliances who actually have a plan, have discussed privately the aims of the coalition before forming it and then go into that coalition with active leaders who want to work together towards a common goal. Coalitions that form where the first week is spent asking "so whats the plan" are pretty much doomed from the off.

The problem at the moment, is there are some really good players, and i mean really good players, on some really poor alliances (and i dont exclude my alliance from that). Syndi have some really good players, in a really good alliance. What i do see in this world, is some very good players, who down the road in future worlds, when their cities are closer together, could work very well together and create really strong alliances.

But yes, coalitions can work really well, if the leaders in the various alliances have a common plan and can work together. that doesnt seem to happen that much.

DeletedUser37948

What i do see in this world, is some very good players, who down the road in future worlds, when their cities are closer together, could work very well together and create really strong alliances.

got to say I agree with this

the syn premade started with a good density of quality players and its payed dividens for them, all other alliances so far have not had an even chance solely on that basis not enough vets in one place for an even fight.

don't know if that will change but there is a good chance it may change and a coalition form. there has once again been a mass of merges and if those alliances did manage to form a coalition then the syn may get a real fight.

still that's all wooo hooo and maybe's for now and syn are good at controlling who they war with they have not over stretched themselves yet by forcing fights with more alliances than they can easily handle.

an impressive feat considering the volume of food they need to keep everyone happy

DeletedUser

Ain't gonna quote that response Learicus it'll fill another page lol, but very well written i must say, very well written indeed.

I'm happy to concede to your responses, +1 from me!

DeletedUser42857

. 9 . >> Dark Angels

Another one bites the dust courtesy of TS, smart merge for their ocean 65 guys though.

DeletedUser

Even some of their Founders.....hmmm, not sure about the 54 movers though, won't make a difference really lol

DeletedUser42857

Their 54 guys seem to be going to Dark Angels as well which kinda defeats the object.Assumption was they would go to the Saints. If youre alliance is done for you move into various alliances that are strong in your area.

dont just rename yourselves and hope nobody notices.

DeletedUser

Lol, I know.....Maybe they didn't won't to be without their mates. Awwww

DeletedUser43485

I like how everyone presumes that whatever happens is ¨courtesy to TS¨... everything revolves around TS, of course. :)

DeletedUser

I like how everyone presumes that whatever happens is ¨courtesy to TS¨... everything revolves around TS, of course. :)

Because it's not like TS took 19 cities off of .9. in the past 2 weeks right?

DeletedUser37948

assumption is the mother of all mistakes !
but in this case it is clear that 9 da and dp have been working together, all I see is them bonding closer and restructuring to become more effective