Top 12 Alliances Sink like an anchor or Swim like a Otter

DeletedUser6378

I didn't attack him with anybody else. His city wasn't a part of the op that ran. I went after his city after the op. Nobody in the alliance even knew i had attacked him.

DeletedUser

I'm prety surw it wasnt.you whho cleared it, but when I get on a PC I'll check.

DeletedUser45085

Been a while since someone has done this so here it goes:

1 Check Mate Until last week they seemed impregnable, topping everything in rankings and numbers. Then the much publisized war broke out and the combined forces of BL and LS managed to show that even the best alliances can fall victim to some good strategy. I dont think its enough to take them down any time soon though. swim

2 S.P.Q.R Empire Did a very good job of making O56 their own, great player average and no slouches. looks like they are moving east to calm some tides though and doing very well on that front too. Swim

3 Lost Souls for the longest time they were being battered senseless by cm but managed to whether that storm and are fighting back. a week ago i would have said they'll sink within a month. now i think they will float for a while longer. still more energy and resources are being put into internal takeover and cleaning up inactives from their alliance and the academy than into war.

4 B.D. My alliance so no comments here ;)

5 Grim Sleepers Certainly living upto their name, no major wars of note. colonization record is mainly filled with taking inactives. will they wake up eventually or enjoy peaceful simming on the rim? float mainly because of their location

6 Black Legion BL got themselves into a very unenviable situation. they are at war on several fronts, and while their allies are at war too, most have one front only to defend/push through... add to that the unrest that was created in disbanding and reforming and its not a pretty picture for those baring the black legion banner. I can't see them lasting long. sink

7 Knights they secured O34 rather easily and are making a push towards the core. a number of experienced players in their roster. are coming head to head with B.D. now and should be interesting to see what happens. float

8 WARGASM For the longest time i would have agreed with Doublethink's words as the Great Spectators, no noteworthy wars, and low player averages for an alliance situated in a core ocean. seem to be on the move now, with them and BL exchanging blows. s should be the most testing time for them. float (as they have done so far)

9 Rising Tide seemed to be easily secure, until S.P.Q.R. turned their attention eastwards and now suffering huge loss of cities. they maybe able to hold on still but unlikely. Sink

10 Lost Souls II See lost souls

11 Requiem Dont know much about them, they share a few islands with knights, an academy alliance maybe? float

12 Honour cant find anything about them noteworthy. sink

DeletedUser

Good top 12, but I do believe you have left out crucial details concerning BL.

They were at war with 2 alliances I think, not all fronts. They disbanded and lost a good proportion of their members, because VB fell out with FC, putting it simply. The members who left dispersed, most joined CM

Should be a totally different top 12 in the next 2 weeks I predict :)

DeletedUser

Good top 12, but I do believe you have left out crucial details concerning BL.

They were at war with 2 alliances I think, not all fronts. They disbanded and lost a good proportion of their members, because VB fell out with FC, putting it simply. The members who left dispersed, most joined CM

Should be a totally different top 12 in the next 2 weeks I predict :)
i
yeah, it left out that the simmers left... and inactives to... not to talk about spies

DeletedUser

i
yeah, it left out that the simmers left... and inactives to... not to talk about spies

God not you again ;)

It certainly cleaned up BL. Simmers, yes it did. They have dispersed...

Spies, your own fault ;)

DeletedUser

God not you again ;)

It certainly cleaned up BL. Simmers, yes it did. They have dispersed...

Spies, your own fault ;)

Also some noobs left cause of the summer that is coming...

about spies, CM contactedbsome players here to spy, wonder if you liked the fake prints...

We will be back soon, shame traitors are in VM...

DeletedUser46391

1 Check Mate Until last week they seemed impregnable, topping everything in rankings and numbers. Then the much publisized war broke out and the combined forces of BL and LS managed to show that even the best alliances can fall victim to some good strategy. I dont think its enough to take them down any time soon though. swim

2 S.P.Q.R Empire Did a very good job of making O56 their own, great player average and no slouches. looks like they are moving east to calm some tides though and doing very well on that front too. Swim

3 Lost Souls for the longest time they were being battered senseless by cm but managed to whether that storm and are fighting back. a week ago i would have said they'll sink within a month. now i think they will float for a while longer. still more energy and resources are being put into internal takeover and cleaning up inactives from their alliance and the academy than into war.

5 Grim Sleepers Certainly living upto their name, no major wars of note. colonization record is mainly filled with taking inactives. will they wake up eventually or enjoy peaceful simming on the rim? float mainly because of their location

6 Black Legion BL got themselves into a very unenviable situation. they are at war on several fronts, and while their allies are at war too, most have one front only to defend/push through... add to that the unrest that was created in disbanding and reforming and its not a pretty picture for those baring the black legion banner. I can't see them lasting long. sink

7 Knights they secured O34 rather easily and are making a push towards the core. a number of experienced players in their roster. are coming head to head with B.D. now and should be interesting to see what happens. float

8 WARGASM For the longest time i would have agreed with Doublethink's words as the Great Spectators, no noteworthy wars, and low player averages for an alliance situated in a core ocean. seem to be on the move now, with them and BL exchanging blows. s should be the most testing time for them. float (as they have done so far)

9 Rising Tide seemed to be easily secure, until S.P.Q.R. turned their attention eastwards and now suffering huge loss of cities. they maybe able to hold on still but unlikely. Sink

11 Requiem Dont know much about them, they share a few islands with knights, an academy alliance maybe? float

Good job for keeping things on topic bud and +rep for that and not commenting on your own alliance.

DeletedUser45085

ty RT, love the reference in the rep comment ;)

I hope someone does a new list soon. LS II and Honour have dropped out and new o64 and O46 alliances are in the picture

DeletedUser

Have to say, I think you have got this one bang on mate.

And thanks for our good review ;)

DeletedUser46391

ty RT, love the reference in the rep comment ;)

I hope someone does a new list soon. LS II and Honour have dropped out and new o64 and O46 alliances are in the picture

Glad you liked it.

Ever read Fahrenheit 451?

DeletedUser46391

1. S.P.Q.R Empire

Cool team nice people Pretty much wiping there bums on "RISING TIDE" and in a very nice location.

Swim

2. Check Mate

Surrounded by Sleepers, Black Legion, S.P.Q.R Empire and Lost souls. They have some of the best fighters and are an overall nice bunch of people.

They Turned into a bit of an MRA recently to keep the numbers up due to success off world taking players away from en 75 but I don't think it will make a huge difference unless players keep leaving.

They finally merged with the spiders after the spiders got bruised a little bit.

This merge was called very early on when Juan admitted it to one of our players via pm as he got beaten off world in En76 from what I gather they all knew each other on Rho (We have a spy ahmagherd* etc, etc :p).

Swim if they keep their best players - float if not.

3. Lost Souls

Run by a drunk who deserves his current hangover. :p

No comment.

4. B.D.

After merging with the kittens (As far as I know it was B.D doing the kittens the favour by taking them in). I would say if the ego's from both sides can stay in check, these guys will be a one to watch powerhouse that will be scrapping with the knights for a very long time.

Swim.

5. Grim Sleepers

Have done a good job at securing their core ocean in a good location they have started moving there way into the core. Lots to see from these guys yet.

Swim

6. Black Legion

Survived a constant battering from all sides and still taking cities.

Swim.

7. Lost Souls II

They have the best looking leader in any alliance in any game in the world and sank once just to see if they could do it with some mermaids.

When they got bored they swam back to the top and vowed never to mention the mermaid situation ever again...

Again no comment.

Except for how awesome and kind and nice and cool their leader is of course.

And modest.

And good looking.

8. Rising Tide

You stole my initials and I hate you for it.

SPQR should be done with these guys soon then they can finally stop saying they are going to deal with RT and making me paranoid.

9. WARGASM

Don't really know much about them other than the fact they bottled a merge with Black legion because they were scared of check mate then put the knife in afterwards.

Float until they start getting opped then we'll see what they are actually made of.

10. Knights

Swim. (Probably slightly under water with a shark fin poking out).

11. Requiem

Swim. Good location, good players, good pacts.

12. Chaos Wolves

These guys have risen up pretty quickly and are making a name for themselves.
Will be interesting to see how they do.

Float for now.

*Padre and Move. Will know what I am on about.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah ah always enjoy a good humour :p

Thanks for spreading our good image...and yeah we're going to finish RT (now decide which one i'm talking about) ;)

DeletedUser

Oh yes, do you not remember the days when RT were ranked 5, and had an academy?