Top 12 Sink-or-Swim

• Thread starter Greygnarl The Destroyer
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Greetings I am new to this world, but not new to this game. It's be a solid year since played grepolis on us server and about two since I've played on en server. since it's been so long on En sadly passwords where forgotten, but maybe some of you will remember me! I was Thedemon447 on en where I lead some elite alliances, but my greatest accomplishments by far where on Us server where I was Apatheticking (http://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?3566-WW-II)

So, as you can see I'm no noob. Now lets get started on my sink or swim!!!

1)Knights Who say NI-Swim, Without a doubt they are the current leaders of this world in both BP and cities. Not much needs to be said a bout this alliance. The only thing I would recommend is they drop some of their dead weight.

2)Hata an fhir-Swim this is an alliances with a lot of potential, but sadly it appears they are weighed down by lack of war and dead weight, even with that being said this is an alliance that I plan on joining in the near future and aiding them to the best of my ability.

3)Clocks-Swim with proper growth and direction they could be the next #1

4)Morning Glory-float sadly since I just started his world i'm not sure of the polotics nor have I looked in depth on every alliances situation and since morning glory doesn't really stick i'll call them a float.

5)NWO- I'll skip this one for now to lazy to look into this alliance in depth

6)HARPOON- Yawn skip but they will stay alive for some time

7) See number 1

8)The League of Legions- Now This is the M.R.A I remember and a name I remember Whathell truly an impressive player and I'm pretty sure I've butted heads with him a few times. Sadly he lacks in leadership what he needs to create a truly terrifying alliance, But as it appears and in his current situation he will be Swimming (Just with a set of floaties)

It's seems I've forgotten how tedious these things can be so i'll end it here until I can learn more about the alliances I've just discussed.

P.s Don't expect to see me in the the top 5 this world decided not to use any gold this time, but that doesn't mean I won't be a dynamic offensive player I just need to figure out how to use these heros :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not sure where you're getting the "lack of war" thing from...
Well for a number 2 alliance they're ranked 7th in abp and 18th in defense that being said the best way to grow in this game is through war, without it eventually your alliance will fade away. or be swallowed up by another more aggressive alliance, but then again I don't know how recently they were formed.

SlothTzu

Strategos
Hata are only 31 days old, the other alliances in ABP have been around a good bit longer than us, NI (First) are almost 3 months old, Tidal (Second) are only 8 days younger than them, Clocks (Third) are also almost 3 months old, I could go on forever, but it boils down to nothing really more than us being under this name until not too long ago, we don't have a lack of war, haha.

DeletedUser

Hata are only 31 days old, the other alliances in ABP have been around a good bit longer than us, NI (First) are almost 3 months old, Tidal (Second) are only 8 days younger than them, Clocks (Third) are also almost 3 months old, I could go on forever, but it boils down to nothing really more than us being under this name until not too long ago, we don't have a lack of war, haha.

Like I said I wasn't sure of that, and that's a good thing because i'm a strong believer in the best defense is a better offense.

DeletedUser29152

what does hata an fhir even mean?

Zarun-

Strategos
Don't forget hata.an.fhir branch is even younger - which makes it impressive that we are top 10 in DBP already. :)

DeletedUser31143

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that the BPs listed for each alliance is the summation of each team member's BPs. So if a new alliance is formed with a bunch of veteran players with a ton of BPs, that new alliance would have a ton of BPs. So the relative 'newness' of an alliance is unimportant when it comes to BPs.

SlothTzu

Strategos
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that the BPs listed for each alliance is the summation of each team member's BPs. So if a new alliance is formed with a bunch of veteran players with a ton of BPs, that new alliance would have a ton of BPs. So the relative 'newness' of an alliance is unimportant when it comes to BPs.

I'm pretty sure it's how much BP was collected while any members were under that flag.

DeletedUser

Yep. Even if all 10 from top 10 ABP were to form a new alliance, that new alliance will have 0 ABP.

DeletedUser

It's been awfully quiet around here for the past few days... Hopefully my top 12 can wake some people up ;)

#1 - Knights who say Ni - Seems to be a good group, able to attack and defend together fairly effectively with not too many weak links despite the massive numbers of players in the alliance. Lots of wars to fight around them and plenty of area for expansion. Will likely be slugging it out with hata until the end. Swim

#2 - hata an fhir - My alliance so no comment. Except Swim :)

#3 - Clocks - Easily one of the best alliances on this server, if not the best (next to hata of course :p). Low numbers and lots of experience and activity, the type of alliance that functions efficiently as one small unit rather than a large uncoordinated monster. The only problem I could see for them in the future is that without TS they are now separated from their enemies by their pacts, a situation where future growth could be slowed. Still - in an excellent area to build WW's when they roll around. Swim

#4 - Morning Glory - A decent alliance, share 45 with hata and are expanding westwards pretty well. In full control of 35 and seem to be beginning to make some moves into 36. May be around for a while, but a great alliance fights a real enemy rather than moving quietly to the rim eating small and weak alliances. Float

#5 - HARPOON - A good solid alliance made up of a core of experienced players that have worked together for quite some time. They were almost wiped off the map at the beginning of this world and so were forced to retreat to 56 and the surrounding area, holding their own quite well over there. But again, similarly to MG, they can't hope to be great without fighting those who really matter. In a good area to stick around until the end though. Swim

#6 - New World Order - Appear to be yet another alliance limited in their capabilities by a fear of fighting any real enemies. Haven't taken a city from an alliance worth mentioning for more than a week. It seems as though they are NAPed with their logical enemy Dragons Legion. Taking cities from little alliances and not fighting your competition is not the way to go. Soon enough someone may see this and decide to get rid of you. Float

#7 - Sinners who say Ni - See #1

#8 - The League of Legions - Now that they have finally joined in the fighting they are holding their own fairly well. Have taken a few cities and lost a few from hata, lots of opportunity to fight and grow as they share so much area. Main issues with them is a lack of aggressiveness as well as a huge gap between the quality of their players, and therefore carrying lots of deadweight. Overall they should stick around until the end with some cities in a quiet area. Swim

#9 - Dragons Legion - Essentially the same thing as NWO, no decent conquers for over a week, NAPed with their main enemy for weeks. Will last until someone better decides they don't want them their anymore. Float

#10 - hata.an.fhir - See #2

#11 - Inglorious Basterds - Hmm, a very interesting case here. What used to be Tidal Death appears to have realised that they were going under and gotten out before it was too late. Made up of a quite a few ex-The Nazgul players they are a good experienced group of players. Unsure of where their loyalties lie, but they could be a real difference-maker in this world. Assuming they stay on the same side as Tidal was they are surrounded by enemies, but should be able to get out of it with tons of BP and opportunities for growth. Swim

#12 - The Delos Elite - A real unknown wild card in this world. They seem to be made up of strong and experienced players, and are situated just north of NWO/DL. It looks like they are staying out of the main fights around them, but could easily be the force that sinks either DL or NWO if they decided to start fighting a real enemy. I see them as a huge difference-maker here, and only time will tell if they decide to step up and fight. Swim

Some final thoughts looking back over my list: Everyone I have listed has been given either a float or a swim, I really down expect many more surprises in this world. The collapse of Tidal was the last big shocker, I imagine the current fights going on now will continue on through the wonders. Both sides of the main fight are fairly equally matched and going at each other pretty good. Even without massive changes this should still be an exciting world

DeletedUser

Hahaha it was pretty nice wasn't it? Maybe I need to be meaner :p Although I don't really expect many alliances to fall

Zarun-

Strategos

That would make sense, wouldn't it? It doesn't work that way though.

It comes from total BP earned while flying the flag and only BP earned while flying the flag. If you leave alliance for 2 days and gain 50k BP then rejoin, your alliance won't gain the 50k BP.

That's why hata an fhir's BP ranks are so low for all branches, although we are moving up fast.

And yes, that does mean our branch has gained over 1 million DBP in just a month. :)

Nice top 12 Panda. I don't think we're done with the surprises for this world lol.

DeletedUser

Well I'm sure eventually there will be a big shake-up somewhere in the world, seems to happen whenever a world starts to get dull, and that isn't happening any time soon here :)

I guess to word it better I have no real idea as to when a surprise will come up or who it may involve. Only time can really tell when something else will blow up, seems to happen more often than it should in all worlds

DeletedUser27610

Well, by now everything is lollipops and daisies. I like it that way :) Although it would be nice if WW would get here quicker if that is the case.

Zarun-

Strategos
Whoops i seem to have that wrong. 22 cities, you seem to have a really bad perception of this game.

Rule 1 gain more cities.
Considering I was attacked by two players twice my size and all they did was give me 46k DBP without taking a single shred of territory from me, I guess I'm doing alright.

How about you?

DeletedUser

Considering I was attacked by two players twice my size and all they did was give me 46k DBP without taking a single shred of territory from me, I guess I'm doing alright.

How about you?

If you take down their top players you take away their pride.Without pride they will crumble.

DeletedUser

These forums are way too quiet.... Perhaps I'll start a newspaper and see if it sparks some kind of conversation :)