DeletedUser

Not to be cruel....but 2.0 is a flop compared to the original.

Now have a good day, when many users leave grepolis because they dont like 2.0, not me i will stay regardless of the changes but, idk

DeletedUser

:(

To sum up 2.0,

My internet explorer crashed twice and it took me over five minutes just to change cities. happy now innogames? you've just off the entire 1.26communtiy

DeletedUser

IE is the worst browser (I believe) to play Grepolis on, if you switch to chrome or FF then you should lag less if you still lag follow this guide to try to improve performance.

DeletedUser

My parents use IE and unless they want to switch im stuck with IE

DeletedUser

You can use both browsers so ask them if you can download it. Just when setting up don't tick "Set as default browser"

DeletedUser

Yeah and if they ask why and i say online game... (you dont know my parents!!!) :p

DeletedUser

Ha okay then if you keep only grepolis open then it should run abit faster, so don't download in the background or anything like that.

DeletedUser

I used the guide, it helps a lot, and as for the mm thing, if you minimise the message window, then you see it. part from it crashed my computer! :(

DeletedUser12324

don't you have trouble on the maps with chrome? I use FF.

DeletedUser

Eh its not as bad as I foresaw, but I still prefer the original

DeletedUser22919

Do Not Like 2.0

Not to be cruel....but 2.0 is a flop compared to the original.

Now have a good day, when many users leave grepolis because they dont like 2.0, not me i will stay regardless of the changes but, idk

I don't like 2.0 either. I joined just the non 2.0 worlds for a reason.

I'm not happy about the version change and can only hope the put it back the way it was so players could choose the version the wanted to play.

DeletedUser

I'm not entirely against 2.16. I already play on v2 servers and knew what to expect. I can say that I'm quite irritated at the implementation. Most players with an established account likely have specialized cities and research. Now we have to back track just to have access to trade with the villages again?

Seriously Inno....all villages with a player city on it already, should just be owned. Changing the rules mid-server stunk bad enough, this is just rubbing salt in the wound.

DeletedUser

Honestly the only reason im still playing is for my friends, leaders, and alliance... Just barely

DeletedUser

I've been browsing these forums to see the upshot of the change. I must congratulate you guys on being so civil. Some of the tantrums on other worlds have to be seen to be believed.

Danny9990, are you using IE8 or older? If so you are likely to be having problems. Uprading to IE9 will fix some of them. Upgrading to a different browser will fix even more. You could try telling your parents that Firefox is faster and safer than IE. The open source community is very quick at fixing vulnerbilities when discovered.

The change in the way farming happens is always going to be a contentious issue. I was at first surprised that you weren't given any farms as already conquered. Many of you are used to sending troops out farming to dodge attacks. Since V2 farms only need to be attacked once, some of you wouldn't like getting all the farms. Then if they were to give you half the farms (the easy ones to capture) you could almost bet that the ones you got would be those that traded for stone in your light ship cities etc. So letting you choose which farms to conquer was probably the best decission, even though it will take a huge effort to conquer all the farms you want.

DeletedUser12324

I don't get why i'm laggin so much, i play sigma and corinth fine but lag like hell now that Pi is 2.0, any reasons/suggestions?

DeletedUser

I don't get why i'm laggin so much, i play sigma and corinth fine but lag like hell now that Pi is 2.0, any reasons/suggestions?
I posted similar in Game Play Questions. I'm getting the same laggy horrid performance on all servers, not just Pi. I don't know if it is an issue unrelated to the upgrades or if it is because the conversion to 2.16 on multiple servers is burying Inno's bandwidth or server loads. 2.16 is much more demanding on both.

DeletedUser

My most concern about 2.16 is the inability to continuously farm villages, not just demand....Now how am I supposed to grow quickly....