A Song of Ice and Fire

DeletedUser13405

Wargs into Ghost. Then, comes back as Azhor Akai. There was a lot of emphasis in Book 5 on how the Wall "preserves" things...meat for several winters, why the dead did not turn when in the ice cells, etc. I think Jon's body is placed in the Wall for preservation, Ghost (with warged Jon) journeys into the crypts below Winterfell and there finds something that enables him to come back as Azhor Akai.

DeletedUser

I watched the series first and loved it. I didnt even know it was a series of books lol. I saw the books and thought I'd have a read and it blew my mind!
They are the best series of books ever, this may be contentious but I think its even better than the Lord of the Rings. Its completely unpredictable, and I have to disagree with TristinSentath, once I get attached to a particular character(s) they are killed off! Which is good. Its completely different from normal fantasy I believe. Normally in fantasy, there is a good and evil side, everything is very balck and white. What I like is that, the distinction between good and evil is distorted, the supposedly good characters do some terrible things in the books and vice versa with the apparently evil characters, everything is in shades of grey, which makes it interesting.
Yes I know I have rambled on a bit havent I? :p

DeletedUser

I have read the first 8 books a few years ago (in Germany I think they sometimes published one English book in two German books). Recently a friend of mine recommended "that awesome tv show called >Game of Thrones<". As this title sounded familiar I soon found out that it was belonging to the books. I watched the first season and loved it. What I like about the show is that they actually stick to the books. From time to time you can actually hear whole dialogues as they appeared in the book. Also the characters match my imagination. My only problem was to tell Eddard's sons apart in the beginning. ^^
All in all a fantastic read. The series is also awesome if you haven't read a single one of the books.

DeletedUser

there are only 6 books that have been made...the other two have yet to be released. In the second series I have only seen two episodes but they do deviate in some minor things although the main things are stuck to.

DeletedUser

I love it. Lord of The Rings definately does not need this kind of competition!

DeletedUser

I have read the first 3 books and I have to say it is my favorite series of all time. Kind of scared to catch up with the other books because I don't want to have to wait years for a new one to come out.

DeletedUser13405

Chapter 1 of the 6th book (Winds of Winter) is online now on Martin's website. Chapter 2 is supposedly coming out this month.

DeletedUser

You guys do know that Jon isn't dead, right? I can't remember where but remember seeing an interview where GRRM said something along the lines of, "You think he's dead, do you?"

DeletedUser

I don't think he is dead, GRRM normally makes it obvious when someone is dead, when Jon was stabbed it was left open to the possibility he was alive.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, I checked out this new book the other day, called Prince of Thorns, and the main character also refers to his world and what he does as 'the game of thrones.' He also talks about his companions as pieces on a chessboard, and that if he is afraid to lose them, then he will lose them all. Pretty interesting read

DeletedUser

I just started reading A Song of Ice and Fire not too long ago and I'm loving the book so far......and now I am reading this thread and coming across some spoilers :Angry: GRRRRR!!!

DeletedUser

I just hope it doesn't take 6 years for the next book to come out as was the case with A Dance with Dragons.

DeletedUser

This is definitely my favourite book series, I have re-read it about 4 times in total. First 3 books were good, felt as if 4+5 could be turned into 1 book, removing all the rubbish bits. I like the fact that main characters die off. E.g. You are reading a spy novel, you are half way through, there is a cliffhanger. Will he die? Of course not. You never get that feeling with ASOIAF